Axl is fine.

Bruno P.

This isnt news, I know, but I'll say this. Most of you sound like bitter old men talking to the children that this world is dammed and that it will never be as good as it was when they were younger.

Pay attention - the way Axl sings aint easy to handle. Especially at the beginning of the tour. Since his comeback he is worried about his vocal chords so he knows when he's ready to use them properly. In 2006 after the rock in rio show people said that he would never be able to sing like the old times again, but a few shows went by and there he was, kicking ass at download festival - he had a decent show at RAR but not his best, he still struggled to sing songs like Better and SOD and PC. Oh, and back then he was doing a 2-hour show, 2 hours and a half here and there. Then the european tour was over. And then there's the VMA's and Axl presenting the killers did his highest scream (live) ever but with the 'helium' voice so people freaked out like crazy. We then had inland invasion, he was in a decent shape but the next few shows were not the best - mickey mouse was present. By the end of the tour he was on top of his game. And then the same thing happened in 2007...his voice sucked for the first shows, and then there was the adelaide show some weeks after the start of the tour. Someone threw a bottle that hit Axl and he sung the first words to Jungle in a soft voice, so that called people's attention and they all said that his voice magically came back, etc.

I am not saying that he is gonna sing like he did 3+ years ago, but seriously...when will you learn that he needs time to warm his vocal chords properly? Ill give you a recent example. When they had the Chicago show streamed you guys were saying that his voice was gone for good, and then almost two weeks went by and we had the Philly show. Not only he was at his best night on the tour, he had almost 10 shows to warm his voice properly to the Philly one.

By the end of the residency he will be fine, he will be much better. He will not sing all the songs with his raspy vocals, those days are gone - especially if we take into consideration that he's doing 3-hour shows, not 2, 2 and a half. But he will be able to deliver strong and consistent vocals throughout the whole show and that's what we want - consistent vocals. I couldnt care less about the donald duck (aka full rasp), I want consistent and strong vocals. And that he will deliver.

So calm the fuck down and watch the shows. They will only get better and better.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

By the end of the residency he will be fine, he will be much better. He will not sing all the songs with his raspy vocals, those days are gone - especially if we take into consideration that he's doing 3-hour shows, not 2, 2 and a half. But he will be able to deliver strong and consistent vocals throughout the whole show and that's what we want - consistent vocals. I couldnt care less about the donald duck (aka full rasp), I want consistent and strong vocals. And that he will deliver.

Instead of "by the end of the residency he will be fine" couldn't Axl just rehearse a bit more and he would have been fine the whole residency?

Although I do regret his voice isn't good nowadays .I think people should pay more attention to the performance as a whole and less to just the voice. It's live, lots of running around, dancing, interacting with the band/fans..... I don't know what is going on with his voice, but his performance is still there. The focus shouldn't be only at the voice, if you do that, it's best to don't watch anymore, but just listen to the recordings or old shows. As a whole he is still delivering.

Instead of "by the end of the residency he will be fine" couldn't Axl just rehearse a bit more and he would have been fine the whole residency?

Also true

This isnt news, I know, but I'll say this. Most of you sound like bitter old men talking to the children that this world is dammed and that it will never be as good as it was when they were younger.

Pay attention - the way Axl sings aint easy to handle. Especially at the beginning of the tour. Since his comeback he is worried about his vocal chords so he knows when he's ready to use them properly. In 2006 after the rock in rio show people said that he would never be able to sing like the old times again, but a few shows went by and there he was, kicking ass at download festival - he had a decent show at RAR but not his best, he still struggled to sing songs like Better and SOD and PC. Oh, and back then he was doing a 2-hour show, 2 hours and a half here and there. Then the european tour was over. And then there's the VMA's and Axl presenting the killers did his highest scream (live) ever but with the 'helium' voice so people freaked out like crazy. We then had inland invasion, he was in a decent shape but the next few shows were not the best - mickey mouse was present. By the end of the tour he was on top of his game. And then the same thing happened in 2007...his voice sucked for the first shows, and then there was the adelaide show some weeks after the start of the tour. Someone threw a bottle that hit Axl and he sung the first words to Jungle in a soft voice, so that called people's attention and they all said that his voice magically came back, etc.

I am not saying that he is gonna sing like he did 3+ years ago, but seriously...when will you learn that he needs time to warm his vocal chords properly? Ill give you a recent example. When they had the Chicago show streamed you guys were saying that his voice was gone for good, and then almost two weeks went by and we had the Philly show. Not only he was at his best night on the tour, he had almost 10 shows to warm his voice properly to the Philly one.

So calm the fuck down and watch the shows. They will only get better and better.

Why does a professional singer require an entire tour to find their voice, rather than getting ready before the tour starts?

Agreed some of the people on here are full-on drama queen alarmists.

If they actually attended a show instead of acting like wannabe music critics they might change their tune.

Download06 overall was a WEAK WEAK WEAK vocal performance, just listen to the leaked Monitor Mixes. At Rock Am Ring06 he was totally brilliant on songs like Nightrain, KOHD, OTGM, second half of IRS, Better and Patience. he managed to be that good in the end 0f 2006 aswell.

2007 was the slowly return of Mickey. 2010 wasnt that good as 2006 as people say here, but definately better than 2007. 2011 and 2012 = a catastrophy most of the time. Axl actually is the WEAKEST part musicially in his own cover band. not sure how long he honestly gets away with it, guess as long as the huge GN'R name sells good he will go on - cash hungry as he is.

I agree that '06 wasnt as good as '10.

Other thing is that if we're wondering why cant he sing now like he did in '10, then perhaps we should watch and listen closely and see if we notice anything else different between them. I see in '10 that Axl had a hunger and drive. He wasn't merely going through the motions. He got rid of his cornrows and came back with a vengeance.

Today he seems more prepared and in better shape than '11-UCAP, but there's something missing. I notice he lacks power also, so I cant tell if it's lack of excitement that's the problem, or if his vocals are shot, or what.

The concern we have, Bruno, is that he had over a year and a half '11-'UCAP for his "vocals to warm up properly" and they never did.

Here's one of many '10 performances that blow anything from '06 away. Axl is PUMPED here and throughout most of '10 in a way I didnt see in '06, which supports what I said earlier:

Edited by Eu4ic

Axl is 50 - but so what? Cornell and Vedder are pushing 50 also. Plant and Springsteen are way over 60. All of them kick Axl's ass today when with a little practise and effort he could kick theirs. It's not a contest but it's kinda depressing seing such a great singer doing so little just because he gets away with it,.A man's voice gets deeper with age and may lose a bit of range and breath but the vocal chords are basically a muscle that with exercise will be just fine with age. Unless he was sick or doing medication that had an effect on the voice, Axl is basically just one lazy motherfucker.

If they actually attended a show instead of acting like wannabe music critics they might change their tune.

I've attended 6 shows in 2011/2012 warchild. This includes Philly 2012 - the best Axl vocals (whole show-wise) of 2012. He's lost a step since 2010 - a big one.

wasn't necessarily speaking to you broski..but people like bobo who have never attended a gig at all.....

some of the uyi shows in 91..etc were varied but I had a great time and seeing any incarnation of GNR spoils you for any other band.

If you truly feel like this than go see a band you enjoy.I went on Halloween and decided to hang out and catch another couple...I was never disappointed nor regretted going.

Axl is fine. He's still the greatest singer on the planet!

What's hilarious back in the late 80's especially early 90's people would talk shit about Axl's voice. It's still happening in 2012.

He was always unpredictable with his performances since day 1.

Hate to break it to you, but other than a couple small exceptions he's been pretty damn predictable for the past 2 years, vocal wise- stage routine-wise, and setlist-wise.

The setlists have changed a whole bunch in the past 2 years. They play 3 hours shows and considering the amount of material is played how can it be dramatically different?

The stage has been changed at least 3 times in the past 2 years

Vocally Axl is amazing live...it's a great experience you should try it

Edited by volcano62

I've attended 6 shows in 2011/2012 warchild. This includes Philly 2012 - the best Axl vocals (whole show-wise) of 2012. He's lost a step since 2010 - a big one.

wasn't necessarily speaking to you broski..but people like bobo who have never attended a gig at all.....

some of the uyi shows in 91..etc were varied but I had a great time and seeing any incarnation of GNR spoils you for any other band.

If you truly feel like this than go see a band you enjoy.I went on Halloween and decided to hang out and catch another couple...I was never disappointed nor regretted going.

I enjoyed all the shows I went to and I was on the rail for three of them. I'm just stating a fact. Axl's voice is significantly worse compared to how it was just 2 years ago. Doesn't mean he and the rest of the band don't still put on a good show.

I simply don't see or hear a huge difference.people in 91 and 92 said it sounded like he gargled with Clorox.

Somebody is always going to complain about something.whether it is late starts.what he wears.the set list.his hair....etc...

People love to hate him and it is absurd to castigate every fucking thing about GNR on a fucking fan forum.

I get tired of the bitching,Vegas is set to be a big success and people are still complaining.

The only thing we need is Axl rose 2010.Its not posible to be Axl Rose 90s,but 2010 yes.And now is worst than EVER!. Ive never seen so bad performances of Axl.Never.

I really don't know what some of you are talking about? I just saw Axl give an awesome performance a couple weeks ago live! The people I went with were amazed on how good he sounded! I saw him in Sturgis in 2010, and the show at the hard rock blew that away! You can't really judge if you are not live people. Big difference!!

Edited by batman007

I really don't know what some of you are talking about? I just saw Axl give an awesome performance a couple weeks ago live! The people I went with were amazed on how good he sounded! I saw him in Sturgis in 2010, and the show at the hard rock blew that away! You can't really judge if you are not live people. Big difference!!

Most people that complain don't even go to the shows :shrugs:

Most people that complain don't even go to the shows :shrugs:

I know! And what they hear at times are cheap recording through a cellphone. That does no justice! I have recorded through my phone and camera, not the same!

I've been here to defend Axl's voice over the years from 2006 on. He does not sound good right now. Something is up. It started in 2011, and has carried on to these shows. Also, it's definitely a lot harder to tell how his voice is being there live a lot of the time. He has no power right now at all. Maybe too much touring? Who knows. Hopefully he gets it back.

I've been here to defend Axl's voice over the years from 2006 on. He does not sound good right now. Something is up. It started in 2011, and has carried on to these shows. Also, it's definitely a lot harder to tell how his voice is being there live a lot of the time. He has no power right now at all. Maybe too much touring? Who knows. Hopefully he gets it back.

Idk Doc, maybe I just get lucky when I see him perform because I feel the energy!

Idk Doc, maybe I just get lucky when I see him perform because I feel the energy!

You always do when you're there live. I saw them live in 2011 5 times, and watched plenty of videos after. I've watched videos from this tour, and Axl doesn't sound good in any videos going around right now unfortunately.

He sounds nothing like the Axl Rose all of us became fans of. He is really struggling out there. He had it for a couple of songs on the most recent sirius broadcast, but the rest of the set was pretty bad. It's turned me off from going to these shows actually, even though I've wanted to hear him perform TWAT for years.

Edited by DocBrown

Download06 overall was a WEAK WEAK WEAK vocal performance, just listen to the leaked Monitor Mixes. At Rock Am Ring06 he was totally brilliant on songs like Nightrain, KOHD, OTGM, second half of IRS, Better and Patience. he managed to be that good in the end 0f 2006 aswell.

2007 was the slowly return of Mickey. 2010 wasnt that good as 2006 as people say here, but definately better than 2007. 2011 and 2012 = a catastrophy most of the time. Axl actually is the WEAKEST part musicially in his own cover band. not sure how long he honestly gets away with it, guess as long as the huge GN'R name sells good he will go on - cash hungry as he is.

cash hungry as he is.

God I hate the envious liberal movement. Dude is just making a living. I suppose you don't make as much as you can with your trade, huh? It is called working. Lots of us do it.

cash hungry as he is.

God I hate the envious liberal movement. Dude is just making a living. I suppose you don't make as much as you can with your trade, huh? It is called working. Lots of us do it.

Exactly! He needs to pay his bills. And while he is at it, he is having fun playing with a group of people he likes.