Does anybody else think the next step should be New GNR doing a package tour with Mötley Crüe and a reunited Skid Row?

Randy Lahey

no.....

mötley is one of the worst bands ever.

Why do you think that? I could literally name 100 worse bands than them. How would one of the worst bands ever manage to stick around and be relevant for almost 30 years? Did u mean to actually just say that you don't like them?

Last year they were way more successful than GnR. They had double the gross as GnR, they finished 30 spots higher on the top grossing list, they sold out every show (GnR didn't) and they averaged 1000 more people per show than GnR did.

You might not personally like them, which is perfectly fine. But motley is a bigger draw than gnr today

nickelback are successful too.... doesn't say anything about the band being good, just that people are stupid

So people that don't like the same bands that you do....are stupid?

That is a bit arrogant of you.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine there are too many folks that give a shit if Baz and Snake get on stage together again... I think Baz can probalby draw as much on his own as a skid row reunion would draw.

Motley and GNR... it will never happen..... NEVER.... get over it

no.....

mötley is one of the worst bands ever.

Why do you think that? I could literally name 100 worse bands than them. How would one of the worst bands ever manage to stick around and be relevant for almost 30 years? Did u mean to actually just say that you don't like them?

Last year they were way more successful than GnR. They had double the gross as GnR, they finished 30 spots higher on the top grossing list, they sold out every show (GnR didn't) and they averaged 1000 more people per show than GnR did.

You might not personally like them, which is perfectly fine. But motley is a bigger draw than gnr today

nickelback are successful too.... doesn't say anything about the band being good, just that people are stupid

So people that don't like the same bands that you do....are stupid?

That is a bit arrogant of you.

naah but just because a band is successful doesn't mean that they are any good.... good to some maybe but I can't really see why people like them.

Oh god, no Vince Neil plz.

Say what you will about Axl's voice, but at least he doesn't sound like T-Pain. Vince Neil isn't even trying to pretend he's not using one. He literally sounds like his voice is being passed through a synthesizer.

Agree- Vince's voice is gone. But seriously who's is worse Axl or Vinnie?

Oh god, no Vince Neil plz.

Say what you will about Axl's voice, but at least he doesn't sound like T-Pain. Vince Neil isn't even trying to pretend he's not using one. He literally sounds like his voice is being passed through a synthesizer.

Agree- Vince's voice is gone. But seriously who's is worse Axl or Vinnie?

Vince has allways been worse. saw mötley live a couple years ago at a festival and it was the worst thing I have ever heard and seen in my life. But if Axl doesn't do anything with his voice soon he maybe will sound as bad as vince in a couple of years.

Does anybody else think the next step should be New GNR doing a package tour with Mötley Crüe and a reunited Skid Row?

YES so Axl can finally kick Vince Neil's ass , and the whole time Sebastian would be yelling "that was soooo EPIC ! " , " your so prolific Axl"

haha

There's a handful of bands I think would be good co-headliners, Janes Addiction, Smashing Pumpkins, and a few others. I think the vibe of seeing those bands is more on par with GNR. VH and GNR sound good on paper, but I'm glad it didn't happen. Again, that should be Sunset Music Fest, because that's more about paying tribute to their roots. I'd even go with a Black Sabbath/GNR tour being a pretty cool lineup.

I cannot grasp the idea that so many people put GNR and MC in the same basket as they have almost nothing in common

also GNR are globally popular, Motley is not and also, GNR have songs that are appreciated artictically, Crue has none of those

Edited by the rush

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

No! GN’R have reverted to their hard rock roots with the current incarnation and I can tolerate that. But don’t become a charm act with no viable future outside of cash grabbing tours and a token commercial album. Keep current, have hit rock bands open.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

But motley is a bigger draw than gnr today

Only in the US which means fuck all...there is other places on the planet fyi

So the facts they are both American bands means nothing?

And why doesn't the US matter?

I don't get why you guys argue EVERTHING that isn't totally praising Axl/GnR? In one post, you guys praise GnR for selling 2800 tickets to a show and how that is "kicking ass and taking names"..............but then when it is pointed out that Motley Crue outsells GnR, then the response is "the US market means fuck all."

I don't know what source you have for these numbers (nor do I understand how 'total gross' in anyway can indicate which band is the biggest since 'total gross' is a function of the no. of concerts and not directly a result of popularity), but if you look at this list of the 50 top tours in the world in 2011, you will find Guns N' Roses at position 39 and Motley Crue at absolutely no place at all: http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Charts2010/2010YearEndTop50WorldwideConcertTours.pdf

But kudos to you for cherry-picking stats from one sub-region where Motley earned more than GN'R and then using these irrelevant data in a discussion about which band is more popular.