Finally some positive press for G n R!

inho

Finally some decent press which actually seems to reflect the show people see

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2012/11/15/guns-n-roses-las-vegas-concert/1707037/

USA today amongst quite a few others are finally reporting what fans have known for years.

GNR live are fucking INCREDIBLE.

I saw the original line up and at Milton Keynes bowl in 1993 it was amazing.

However, I have seen the new line up twice in London.

Both times I was totally blown away by the bands intensity and though the charm of the original line up was in the tight-but-loose Stonesy chemistry between the players the new line up are musically far more adept.

The second time I saw them I went with a guy who was sceptical about the new band and Axl's vocal ability.

Then... in Rocket Queen the band are tighter and more intense than he imagined possible and Axl hits the "NO ONE NEEDS THE SORROW" line NOTE. PERFECT. FULL POWER. LIVE.

The sceptical guy just LOOKED at me.. A look that said "my god.. he's back!"

In fact, he never went away.

After years of Axl getting shit in the press because

A- He pissed them off in the 80's/ 90's or

B- He refuses to give interviews so they get to make up any old shit

Its about time that the "he's over the hill"/ "where is Slash" brigade shut the fuck up.

The man is the greatest living front man in the legacy akin to Freddie Mercury in terms of vocal range and stage presence.

We've always known that the band is solid and that Axl is a living legend.

Its about fucking time that instead of reviewing the show in their prejudiced heads the media are FINALLY reviewing the greatest rock band in existence for what they are:

Immense.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2012/11/15/guns-n-roses-las-vegas-concert/1707037/

USA today amongst quite a few others are finally reporting what fans have known for years.

Both times I was totally blown away by the bands intensity and though the charm of the original line up was in the tight-but-loose Stonesy chemistry between the players the new line up are musically far more adept.

The second time I saw them I went with a guy who was sceptical about the new band and Axl's vocal ability.

Then... in Rocket Queen the band are tighter and more intense than he imagined possible and Axl hits the "NO ONE NEEDS THE SORROW" line NOTE. PERFECT. FULL POWER. LIVE.

Its about time that the "he's over the hill"/ "where is Slash" brigade shut the fuck up.

The man is the greatest living front man in the legacy akin to Freddie Mercury in terms of vocal range and stage presence.

Its about fucking time that instead of reviewing the show in their prejudiced heads the media are FINALLY reviewing the greatest rock band in existence for what they are:

Immense.

I laughed out loud at your "prejudiced heads" part. Your post is 100% biased and not factual at all.

The thought that all journalists in the world have a beef to settle with Axl.......well, any credibility you might have had dissapeared with just that statement.

Why can't you people just be honest about our favorite band? Why the need for the constant hyperbole and over exaggeration? Sometimes people just like different music than you do, it isn't because they hold a 20 year grudge or because of some big conspiracy.

GnR has been getting pretty positive reviews for the past two years. The band almost always gets A ratings. DJ seems to be the only real weak link.

And Axl's performances have been hit and miss. When he is off.....out of breath, forgetting lyrics, it is pretty bad. But when he is on.....the man can dominate a show.

I've seen the new GnR three times and all three shows were top notch.

Not the performer he used to be, but still better than most.

Hopefully Axl and Team Beta will ride this momentum and release another album soon. I personally would love to hear what this band could do in the studio. Hopefully Axl and Team Brazil will give the band a chance to shine on their own merits - they deserve the opportunity.

Boggles me that they can't sell out Vegas, and that CD wasn't as huge as the Illusions. I guess people's musical tastes are just different than most forum members. But there is no reason to get angry at people who don't automatically love Axl and everything he does.

http://www.usatoday....oncert/1707037/

Immense.

I laughed out loud at your "prejudiced heads" part. Your post is 100% biased and not factual at all.

The thought that all journalists in the world have a beef to settle with Axl.......well, any credibility you might have had dissapeared with just that statement.

Why can't you people just be honest about our favorite band? Why the need for the constant hyperbole and over exaggeration? Sometimes people just like different music than you do, it isn't because they hold a 20 year grudge or because of some big conspiracy.

GnR has been getting pretty positive reviews for the past two years. The band almost always gets A ratings. DJ seems to be the only real weak link.

And Axl's performances have been hit and miss. When he is off.....out of breath, forgetting lyrics, it is pretty bad. But when he is on.....the man can dominate a show.

Hopefully Axl and Team Beta will ride this momentum and release another album soon. I personally would love to hear what this band could do in the studio. Hopefully Axl and Team Brazil will give the band a chance to shine on their own merits - they deserve the opportunity.

Boggles me that they can't sell out Vegas, and that CD wasn't as huge as the Illusions. I guess people's musical tastes are just different than most forum members. But there is no reason to get angry at people who don't automatically love Axl and everything he does.

Immense.

Why can't you people just be honest about our favorite band?

I don't think we are the ones who need to be honest with ourselves. I really don't think there are to many of us fans that think the current version or any since the original breakup are better than the original. But what we have in common is the appreciation for what Axl brought to the original band and what he, and his current crew have bring.

You don't have to love everything the same dude. But YOU need to be honest and realize that you are the exact person most people loathe. A bear with a sore ass shitting on others joy. Nobody needs a smug, condescending little shit in their lives. We tend to avoid those IRL. But here you will get the attention you crave. Just realize you are changing no one's mind, and are merely an alternative to The Chive etc for a few minutes a day. You hold virtually no utility here, other than an occasional retort, cause you are acting cunty. As long as you realize this, snark away, turd.

Easier to do here behind a keyboard, but the attention you get here for being a drag, does not work in real life. I sure hope you do not waste this much time and effort doing this away from here.

Boggles me that they can't sell out Vegas, and that CD wasn't as huge as the Illusions.

And you obviously know nothing about music or you would not say things like this.

on topic, I agree now that Axl is making himself more available the media will become more favorable. "I know the game, you go high, I go low." -Tony Montana

Edited by Gunzen

Immense.

Immense.

I don't think we are the ones who need to be honest with ourselves. I really don't think there are to many of us fans that think the current version or any since the original breakup are better than the original. But what we have in common is the appreciation for what Axl brought to the original band and what he, and his current crew have brought.

You don't have to love everything the same dude. But YOU need to be honest and realize that you are the exact person most people loathe. A bear with a sore ass shitting on others joy. Easier to do behind a keyboard, but the attention you get here for being a drag, does not work in real life. I sure hope you do not waste this much time and effort doing this away from here.

Boggles me that they can't sell out Vegas, and that CD wasn't as huge as the Illusions.

And you obviously know nothing about music or you would not say things like this.

Funny.

The majority of your post doesn't apply to me at all.

But instead of addressing specific points, you just throw out a few generalizations that don't actually even apply to me.

But sure. Because I don't worship and praise Axl's every move, that must mean I'm not conducting myself properly in the real world. Making a comment like that says more about you than it does me.

I'm not exactly sure how to respond. So I'm a jerk for not worshipping Axl's every move.......But I've said that CD is the best rock album of the last decade and I can't wait for Axl to record with the new band, because I think it will be amazing, said my last three GnR shows were amazing.....but you say I clearly don't know anything about music. Since I love Axl, GnR and think CD was just as good as either illusion - are you implying that Axl and GnR suck?

So confusing.

I guess I will continue going to live shows, will still listen to GnR every day, will still love CD, and will still hope that Axl will record with the new band. Just like you can make personal attacks and judgements against somebody posting on the same board as you do (while complaining that they are too negative). I'm surprised you didnt accuse me of living in my parents basement.

Now......back on topic. And let's keep our responses geared toward the topic. I would love to know which of my points were wrong. And why.

I don't get it, there's been tons of positive review lately, not only from the Vegas residency but also the European and the UCAP tour...

Exactly, the shows are a lot of fun for all involved. But there will always be some who if Axl walked on water would say "well he can't fly though". Just the way it is. It was a nice read.

Immense.

Immense.

I don't think we are the ones who need to be honest with ourselves. I really don't think there are to many of us fans that think the current version or any since the original breakup are better than the original. But what we have in common is the appreciation for what Axl brought to the original band and what he, and his current crew have brought.

You don't have to love everything the same dude. But YOU need to be honest and realize that you are the exact person most people loathe. A bear with a sore ass shitting on others joy. Easier to do behind a keyboard, but the attention you get here for being a drag, does not work in real life. I sure hope you do not waste this much time and effort doing this away from here.

Funny.

The majority of your post doesn't apply to me at all.

But instead of addressing specific points, you just throw out a few generalizations that don't actually even apply to me.

But sure. Because I don't worship and praise Axl's every move, that must mean I'm not conducting myself properly in the real world. Making a comment like that says more about you than it does me.

I'm not exactly sure how to respond. So I'm a jerk for not worshipping Axl's every move.......But I've said that CD is the best rock album of the last decade and I can't wait for Axl to record with the new band, because I think it will be amazing, said my last three GnR shows were amazing.....but you say I clearly don't know anything about music. Since I love Axl, GnR and think CD was just as good as either illusion - are you implying that Axl and GnR suck?

So confusing.

I guess I will continue going to live shows, will still listen to GnR every day, will still love CD, and will still hope that Axl will record with the new band. Just like you can make personal attacks and judgements against somebody posting on the same board as you do (while complaining that they are too negative). I'm surprised you didnt accuse me of living in my parents basement.

Now......back on topic. And let's keep our responses geared toward the topic. I would love to know which of my points were wrong. And why.

You are a cunty here sometimes for no reason and you know this. You can try to be surreptitious with your insults, but we all know how you are. Really, we do. Nobody gives a rats ass if Axl sells out every show. I was there on a Weds and the place was packed, who gives a shit what you think about attendance, really man..

I am not going to debate with you about stupid shit, cause you are here to be negative. We all know this. Fire away, and if we are bored enough we will throw you a bone once in a while..

Fetch cupcake........

Immense.

Immense.

I don't think we are the ones who need to be honest with ourselves. I really don't think there are to many of us fans that think the current version or any since the original breakup are better than the original. But what we have in common is the appreciation for what Axl brought to the original band and what he, and his current crew have bring.

You don't have to love everything the same dude. But YOU need to be honest and realize that you are the exact person most people loathe. A bear with a sore ass shitting on others joy. Nobody needs a smug, condescending little shit in their lives. We tend to avoid those IRL. But here you will get the attention you crave. Just realize you are changing no one's mind, and are merely an alternative to The Chive etc for a few minutes a day. You hold virtually no utility here, other than an occasional retort, cause you are acting cunty. As long as you realize this, snark away, turd.

Easier to do here behind a keyboard, but the attention you get here for being a drag, does not work in real life. I sure hope you do not waste this much time and effort doing this away from here.

on topic, I agree now that Axl is making himself more available the media will become more favorable. "I know the game, you go high, I go low." -Tony Montana

I concur with your evaluation and assessment of this particular situation 100% Gunzen, very apropos and savvy observation.

Kudos :thumbsup:

GN'R are getting more and more positive press from what I've seen. They put on quite a show and thankfully not everybody believes in being resolutely glum and negative in the face of a good show.

Imagine what would have happened if this reviewer had called the concert "epic"!! Groghan cant stomach it when that happens! Lol!

GN'R are getting more and more positive press from what I've seen. They put on quite a show and thankfully not everybody believes in being resolutely glum and negative in the face of a good show.

Imagine what would have happened if this reviewer had called the concert "epic"!! Groghan cant stomach it when that happens! Lol!

Ha! Good Call, it is honestly pathetic that the usual suspects choose to pollute this forum with their persistent piss poor attitudes.

The reviews have been consistently good and how many other bands put on a Three hour extravaganza complete with awesome ramps,Pyro, and Pole dancers...all the bells and whistles in addition to saturating the audience with one of the best most authentic Rock on the planet.

The haterade squad won't dampen my enthusiasm one iota.

have a great night Rabia ;)