Can anybody confirm if the band is writing and/or recording in Vegas?

Bruno P.

M.SL was the first to report that Chinese Democracy would be released exclusively at Best Buy. M.SL announced the release date of the album months in advance, long before it was officially announced. M.SL revealed previously unknown song titles that ended up appearing months later on set lists.

And never do I receive an apology from the naysayers when I'm proven right. All the hate and vitriol directed my way, nobody ever admits they criticized me unfairly.

^^ Referring to yourself in third person. Do you not understand what that means??

how is he reffering to himself in the third person? m.sl is his website.

Is it not also his username?

Besides, knowing his website address is not something you really want to be bragging about.

MSL is my name. M.SL is my web address. M.SL is the world's only one character .SL domain name. Will you be apologizing for falsely accusing me of referring to myself in third person?

No.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M.SL was the first to report that Chinese Democracy would be released exclusively at Best Buy. M.SL announced the release date of the album months in advance, long before it was officially announced. M.SL revealed previously unknown song titles that ended up appearing months later on set lists.

And never do I receive an apology from the naysayers when I'm proven right. All the hate and vitriol directed my way, nobody ever admits they criticized me unfairly.

^^ Referring to yourself in third person. Do you not understand what that means??

how is he reffering to himself in the third person? m.sl is his website.

Is it not also his username?

Besides, knowing his website address is not something you really want to be bragging about.

MSL is my name. M.SL is my web address. M.SL is the world's only one character .SL domain name. Will you be apologizing for falsely accusing me of referring to myself in third person?

No.

How rude

LOL - Anyway... MSL - You might make things simpler if you just substantiate your claim with some type of evidence to support it. Were you in the studio? Do you know someone who was there and has confirmed that they were in the studio? Jesus man, it's not a matter of national security.

LOL - Anyway... MSL - You might make things simpler if you just substantiate your claim with some type of evidence to support it. Were you in the studio? Do you know someone who was there and has confirmed that they were in the studio? Jesus man, it's not a matter of national security.

The reason he refuses to substantiate his claim is because he made it up.

I don't know the guy or the baggage around him, but to be fair, he didn't make that up. It took me twenty seconds to find someone who reported the same thing. I think sometimes people are more eager to disprove MSL than they are to discuss or look into things.

I don't know the guy or the baggage around him, but to be fair, he didn't make that up. It took me twenty seconds to find someone who reported the same thing. I think sometimes people are more eager to disprove MSL than they are to discuss or look into things.

So who else reported it then?

Band was in the studio on Friday.

/thread

What is your source for this?

I am the source of this information.

Oh, I thought you wanted to be taken seriously.

What gave you the impression that I care one way or the other whether you believe me?

What gave you the impression that I am talking about myself and not the whole GN'R fan community?

You always seem very desperate to be taken seriously by the community and to be considered a credible source of information, so I really hoped you would be able to provide some plausible source for your rumour.

If it bothers you that I know things you don't know, maybe you should ignore my posts.

Do you have a reading problem? I have absolutely no problem with you knowing more than me, as you imply in the quote above, I have a problem with people posting fake rumours -- we've had enough of such cupcakes -- and I have no reason yet to assume that what you said is actually correct. I really hoped you would be able to back up your claim so I could spread this rumour to my readers as at least somewhat plausible. Now I will just have to wait and see.

Wow, what is wrong with you guys? Could you please then let us know who else has been reporting this?

Since I also thought MSL was talking about himself in third person, I took a minute to check out his site once he pointed out that M.SL did not actually refer to himself. On the messageboard, a fan who seemed to be at one of the shows this past weekend reported that:

"An older guy behind me at the show told me he had talked to DJ yesterday and DJ told him the band had recorded 2 new songs the previous day (Friday)."

So, the source is still yourself, MSL?

Edited by olga

Since I also thought MSL was talking about himself in third person, I took a minute to check out his site once he pointed out that M.SL did not actually refer to himself. On the messageboard, a fan who seemed to be at one of the shows this past weekend reported that:

"An older guy behind me at the show told me he had talked to DJ yesterday and DJ told him the band had recorded 2 new songs the previous day (Friday)."

lol.

Good find.

No, then it would be "hitmanhart408" which is an active poster over at his site. Or really, that "older guy".

Oh well, plausible enough to me to report to my readers with the full disclaimer added.

So it's a friend of a friend type situation?

Nice to know MSL makes sure his info is airtight before he gets all our hopes up.

Oh come on, MSL would never get our hopes up for nothing!

Seriously, I find the rumour quite credible now. I am slightly excited.

I just don't understand why MSL just didn't state his source immediately. I guess he really doesn't want to be taken seriously, or has such grandiose feeling about himself that he expects us to take anything he claims for canon without any question, or felt that an poster on his forum who heard it from a random dude at a concert wasn't a juicy enough source for the "Chinese Democracy man".

sure, obviously axl prefers to be in the studio than partying in vegas. they actually decided to do this residency in vegas because the city is known for its amazing recording studios.

He´s been partying all his life and specially through al this tour since Rio!! he doesnt have to be there in the mixing, why not working a little bit. He gots big debts, needs money

to carry this cruise crunchy tasty life.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

lol.

Good find.

To be fair, the user @ his site offered the rumour as an exclusive to MSL’s website. And thus I suppose, MSL can validly construe the rumour as his own property.

It didn’t technically come from himself in the sense of a verbalization or turd; but it came from and was offered to his own website property.

But regarding the rumour itself, how credible is random ticket payer? He could fabricate such ideas to make himself more intriguing. And it would be seemingly credible when you consider that DJ is open to speaking about such matters in a very frank and honest way.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Band was in the studio on Friday.

/thread

Source? I see nothing anywhere that suggests the entire band was in the studio at any point in recent memory.

Even if the band was in the studio on Friday, it's highly possible that Axl wasn't there. And if their recording brand new material it could be years before we hear it.

Olga -

Thank you for checking out my site. The fan you quoted is a good friend of mine that I've attended several GNR shows with. He tipped me off Saturday night that he heard GNR had been recording the day before, so I emailed a member of the band to ask if it was true. They said yes. No biggie.

You're right; it is no biggie. It just seems that if you had shared that in the first place, people wouldn't have gotten so riled up. I know you don't owe it to anyone to do so, so thank you for letting us know.