Can anybody confirm if the band is writing and/or recording in Vegas?

Bruno P.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right; it is no biggie. It just seems that if you had shared that in the first place, people wouldn't have gotten so riled up. I know you don't owe it to anyone to do so, so thank you for letting us know.

Part of the issue is that I dislike many of the members here. I prefer that they get riled up. I drop nuggets of truth when I can for those that realize I'm legit, but it doesn't interest me to bend over backwards to please the haters.

The trouble that truth can cause fascinates me.

So what is the source? Unless YOU were actually at the studio? Possible but HIGHLY doubtful

So a band member confirmed, that's great. Was Axl there as well? Did they record only two songs or multiple songs?

Tbh they dont need Axl in a studio yet... they can record songs written in Vegas and then Axl's gonna record vocals over them. I'm assuming Axl wrote songs with them as well but for now only the instrumentals are needed I suppose :) Maybe interviewers could ask band members questions about the recording that took place in Vegas. They'd give us nice details - if possible, of course.

So a band member confirmed, that's great. Was Axl there as well? Did they record only two songs or multiple songs?

Tbh they dont need Axl in a studio yet... they can record songs written in Vegas and then Axl's gonna record vocals over them. I'm assuming Axl wrote songs with them as well but for now only the instrumentals are needed I suppose :) Maybe interviewers could ask band members questions about the recording that took place in Vegas. They'd give us nice details - if possible, of course.

Which band member was confirmed?

Which band member was confirmed?

yeah, who confirmed it

In his last interview, Axl said that putting lyrics on written tracks probably wasn't the best thing for GNR. I think that if Axl wasn't there, then the band was just re-recording parts from "CD sessions" songs.

could very well be DJ was in the studio.... hate to break it to y'all but until Axl shows up it is really nothing to get excited about. remember there are ike 100's of instrumental ideas previous incarnations of the band laid down but Axl has only ever confirmed 26-32 actual songs. So just becuase DJ is noodling around in the studio means fuck all. Until the red head writes lyrics and melody and lays them down there are no songs.... just ideas. Anyway the odds of Axl doing any vocals in the midst of a bunch of shows.... well ... .0000000000001% and even so. I wouldn't want him laying down his vocals right now with the current state of his voice.

we are all gluttons for punishment.... there won't be a new album for a LOOOONGGGG time

Edited by tkarmy

kapitch, is it necessary to personally insult me to distract from the fact that you were incorrect? why not just apologize and move on with your day?

You. are. so. full. of. yourself.

I didn't know your little website, I was not the only one. What is incorrect about that? Don't anwser I don't care.

kapitch, you told me i should have added .com to the web address, but the site is a .SL, not .com. so, when i went out of my way to clear up the confusion for you, why did you start insulting me? is that how you treat people away from your keyboard?

I admittedly did not read the posts about your site, does not interest me. What does interest me is you said they were in the studio, what is your source? I have yet to see an answer to that.

kapitch, you told me i should have added .com to the web address, but the site is a .SL, not .com. so, when i went out of my way to clear up the confusion for you, why did you start insulting me? is that how you treat people away from your keyboard?

I admittedly did not read the posts about your site, does not interest me. What does interest me is you said they were in the studio, what is your source? I have yet to see an answer to that.

His source is a member of the band that he E-mailed.

If he means one member was in the studio, that would be a legit statement. It would also mean it has nothing to do with Guns. Then again I have no idea because I don't see anything here suggesting that or otherwise.

which members were there?

Forget it I will find out for myself. All I see here is bitching and a giant advert for MSL site, both silly and disrespectful to the admins here. Trying to see what is up here lately is becoming a challenge and for the record that fucking sucks.

Edited by gunsguy

The trouble that truth can cause fascinates me.

Haha, get over yourself. The truth didn't cause anything, it was yet another unsubstantiated rumour by yet another wanna-be insider that caused us to ask "what's the source".

Huh? Where do you take this from? It has already been shown MSL's source is hitmanhart408 who heard some random dude at a concert claim Dj had told him they recorded two new songs last Friday.

Axl talked about a scream on Soulmonster if I remember right?

Scream? Like a screamo scream?

He said something about it being a nice christmas card? in the chats this is. I think them having titles might mean there are lyrics if not finished vocals already. They could always do more. Who knows what they are going to do? It's kind of a messy situation.

Soul Monster, you resort to insults right off the bat, which is disappointing. Your personal like or dislike for me or my attitude is irrelevant. Either I'm telling the truth or I'm not. You label my statement an unsubstantiated rumor and you are entitled to view it as such.

But if you consider it an unsubstantiated rumor, you're saying you don't know if it's true or not and if you don't know if it's true, there's no way for you to know if the truth caused anything. So your declaration that the truth didn't cause anything is a directly contradicts your premise that my statement was an unsubstantiated rumor.

Further, for you to label me a "wanna-be insider" would imply that you know for a fact that I'm lying. So again, which is it? Do you not know if I'm telling the truth or not or are you claiming to know as fact that I'm lying? You flip flop between three positions in one sentence, which is actually incredibly impressive.

Also, you should read the thread closer and you'd realize Hitman was not the source of my statement. My source was a member of the band that I emailed.

Where have I insulted you "right off the bat"? The only thing I did "right off the bat" was ask for your source, and if you find that insulting, then I just have to keep asking you to get over yourself ;).

As long as it hasn't been confirmed to be the truth then calling it the truth is premature. As long as it is unproven/unverified/unsubstantiated then it is just a rumour which may or may not turn out to be factual. Time will show.

Calling you another "wanne-be insider" does not imply you can't be correct. It just says something about your aspirations, not whether you are actually right or not.

Sorry for not seeing the post about you e-mailing a band member. Now I actually don't believe you.

Edited by SoulMonster

Hey Gunguy..For the first 3 years I was on this board, you were the one giving bullshit info with no sources..Don't go after someone who clearly does have info..MSL has been a proven source throughout the years..and while I agree that you can't trust everyone, don't be hypocritical now that you've got this cozy spot on the forum..And by the way all you haters..I've had several phone conversations with MSL..and while I didn't believe him at first, he proved himself in the end...I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for this post, and I don't post much anymore..But MSL is legit..

Soul Monster, the first words in your post were, "Haha, get over yourself." You could have chosen to focus on debating the merits of my argument, but instead you resorted to insulting me immediately before even addressing my points. It was childish and unnecessary. For the second reply in a row, you once again tell me to "get over myself" before addressing the issues. Why is that? Either I'm right or I'm wrong? Why does it matter whether you like my attitude? Is this a popularity contest or are we having an adult discussion?

You've flip flopped yet again now, returning to the idea that you don't know if it's the truth. I have no problem with you not being sure if it's true, but in your previous post, you stated as fact that "the truth didn't cause anything," which isn't something you could possibly know one way or the other. So, why did you lie?

You've also offered nothing to support your premise that I'm an "aspiring" insider. If anything, I aspire to be an outsider. After years of dealing with various lawyers, managers, etc from UMG & GNR, I cherish the day where I no longer have to deal with any of that shit.

Ah, so "right off the bat" referred to the first sentence in my third post (?) in the thread ;).

If you don't appreciate my honest advice that you should get over yourself when you react so butthurt to people not taking your word as canon, then just let it pass. If you REALLY didn't care about what we think then you wouldn't act so butthurt. You can't have it both ways.

Again, it is not the truth until it has been verified to actually be the truth. Until that has happened it is only a rumour and will be addressed as a rumour. Hence, the truth did not cause anything, a rumour caused something. You might believe it to be the truth, but if you fail to understand that others might not and also have absolutely no reason to consider it the truth, then you have some cognitive malfunction.

I have no idea about whether we are having an "adult discussion" since I have no idea what age you are, neither biologically or mentally.

Haha, yes, let me rephrase it to an "aspiring outsider", then, although that is a bit weird when you claim to have talked to band member and that this dialogue was your source. That's pretty much inside information :)

Edited by SoulMonster

Soul Monster -

Yes, "right off the bat" referred to the first sentence in the post I was replying to. Or am I supposed to reply to posts I've already replied to?

Time and time again, I tell you and others that I don't care who believes me and that people should believe whatever they want. Yet, for some reason you're under the false impression that it hurts my feelings. Why? Where am I acting "butthurt" ? Is your idea of "butthurt" telling people it's all good and they can believe whatever they want? Strange.

Address it as rumor, that's fine. But you definitively stated it wasn't truth before immediately flip flopping. Make up your mind. Or better, admit you misspoke and move on with your life.

Why not just admit that your site sucks and you're upset other sites like HTGTH and M.SL end up with exclusive info and you don't?

Of course it can happen that we occasionally refer to earlier posts, but I find it ludicrous that you imply that I think you should do this as a rule.

I have never said the rumour couldn't be factual, I have implied that it can't be considered the truth just because it comes from a wanna-be insider.

I would never admit my site sucks when I think it is great :o.