Can anybody confirm if the band is writing and/or recording in Vegas?

Bruno P.

and who said it should be considered the truth?

You certainly came across as expecting us to believe your rumour was factual:

Towelie, considering my history of delivering reliable information, I'm surprised you're rolling your eyes.

And it is hilarious that you claim that it would be like "bending over backwards" to simply state in your first post that you got the information straight from the horse's mouth :D. This grandiose idea that people should just automatically believe whatever you say is awesome. Rarely do we see people with such an immediate need to get over themselves. Regardless of what you might hope, you are not so credible that you are except from the general rules of substantiating whatever source you present. I realize that you are eager to restore whatever trust people might have had in you before the pathetic "extort the band for fenced information"-farce, but seriously, you are not there all yet, you still have quite a far way to go. I guess this is all just more evidence for the inflated ego of the "Chinese Democracy dude".

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should not be blamed for your false assumptions and expectations. You continue to insist on all statements being substantiated with a source, and yet you have no problem posting lie after lie about me without giving it a second thought. Odd.

How would you have any idea what I'm eager to do? Post after post, you present, as fact, your own ridiculous fantasy of what my agenda is, what my feelings are, etc.

Shifting focus whenever you can to my ego to distract from the fact that you're positions have been proven wrong every step of the way (or at least the times when you can even figure out what your position is).

You should be ashamed for having to resort to such cheap and desperate tactics. Depending on "Chinese Democracy dude" smear tactics and other empty rhetoric. How about debating my points instead of changing the subject to me constantly?

Or is this all just to compensate for how lame and irrelevant your site is? Having to resort to stealing news from my site must really stick in your craw.

What? I thought this whole discussion was about your failure to provide source for a presented rumour and then becoming all butthurt when you weren't trusted? Are you pathetically asking that we should return to actually discuss the content of the rumour? Sure, I will follow your lead.

I don't think anyone have any problem understanding that I am stating my opinions on your ego. They might realize my opinions are the truth, or they may not. You, on the other hand, seem to believe you have somehow proven that my opinions aren't factual :). Yeah, convince yourself of that while I add rationalization to your list of shortcomings.

I re-post news and rumours from wherever I might find them as long as it is trustworthy and as long as I don't infringe on any copyrights. Are you saying the content of your forum is not to be copied without your consent? I don't think I have ever copied anything from your site except for the hitmanhart408 information. I have no problems deleting that information and rather just referencing to this thread as my source. I am sure mygnrforum won't mind some extra citations, either :)

Well you thought wrong because at no point have I given a fuck whether I was trusted. The original poster asked if anybody could confirm if the band was recording in Vegas. I was able to confirm by speaking to a band member. No different than HV emailing bumble for info a couple weeks back. You're the one turning this into some big thing. I couldn't care less one way or the other who does or does not believe me, whose butt is or is not hurt, whose ego is or is not over proven itself convince rationalize short.

Reference whatever you want dude. You can reference my cock while you're at it.

Yeah, and my minor point -- which is being inflated to rather silly proportions because the two of us love to argue ;) -- is that you didn't mention the vital point about having spoken directly to a band member in your original post. You might claim you couldn't bother to "bend over backwards" to a forum full of members you "detest" by just typing in a few more words to your original post, while I claim you neglected to share this information because you have this pathetic desire to appear more of an insider than just any another inquisitive member with an email account and a desire to bother band members about trivial details.

Too late, I have already deleted the citation to your site and rather referenced this thread for information on the rumour. In contrast to you, I don't consider the majority of the fan community for detestable and actually want to appear credible and trustworthy and share information that as many as possible will trust, so I always add the source for whatever rumour I might find.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I see a couple of 'Who was the source' comments. I assume MSL, who probably has a number of contacts from provoking a lot of intimate situations between he & GN'R, has went further on a revelation from a member of M.SL. I don't see the cred in then exposing that source to loss of his/her employment in confirmation of what probably was a secretive happening.

Jeeeezz, offcourse MSL will not give up his source (you almost never see news reporters do so)

Do it once and they'll never help again.....

And MSL has proven himself already, he was one of the first to provide us with the leaks (better, madagascar, the blues, chicken dinner) and alot of things like song names wich appeared later on set lists..

So why he still has to defend himself......

He has been wrong more than semi-right. Quit being a sucker for this guy's grasp at fame through GNR. If you consider yourselves fans, how in the hell can you support a guy that attempted to sabotage with his "backpay" claims. This guy takes advantage of desperate and/or stupid people to feel important. Don't feed it.

Jeeeezz, offcourse MSL will not give up his source (you almost never see news reporters do so)

Do it once and they'll never help again.....

And MSL has proven himself already, he was one of the first to provide us with the leaks (better, madagascar, the blues, chicken dinner) and alot of things like song names wich appeared later on set lists..

So why he still has to defend himself......

You are missing the point. I don't think anyone is asking MSL to tell us which band member he talked with. My point was the fact that he didn't give the source ("an email from a band member") at once but expected us to just...believe him. It's all moot now anyway, because he did provide that crucial information later. So all is fine. Now we just argue because we like it :).

Edited by SoulMonster

Why would this be top secret information anyway?

How many bands would it be some weird thing or something that needs to be kept in deep secrecy if they were in a studio or not?

Why is everything in the GNR world kept so secret? Future albums, future songs, tour dates......if the band or band members were in a studio.....all those things are subjects that most bands freely talk about. Why is it all so hush hush in the world of GnR?

Yeah, and my minor point -- which is being inflated to rather silly proportions because the two of us love to argue ;) -- is that you didn't mention the vital point about having spoken directly to a band member in your original post. You might claim you couldn't bother to "bend over backwards" to a forum full of members you "detest" by just typing in a few more words to your original post, while I claim you neglected to share this information because you have this pathetic desire to appear more of an insider than just any another inquisitive member with an email account and a desire to bother band members about trivial details.

More false assumptions on your part. It's someone I talk to regularly. You're obsession with my supposed desire to be an insider is ridiculous. I go out of my way to appear like LESS of an insider than I am because I don't have the patience anymore for hundreds of PMs/emails/txts a month from GNR fans. Just admit it bothers you that your site can't get exclusive info like other sites. The jealousy is sad.

It could be false assumptions. It could also be that you grasped the possibility of spreading a rumour from a random guy at a show that you read on your website, but concious about the fact that this wouldn't portray you in the important light you so desperately crave, you decided to omit the source, hoping that people wouldn't dare to question "the Chinese Democracy dude". Later, when asked to disclose that crucial information -- and after hilariously claiming that that would be "bending over backwards" to a forum full of people you "detest" -- you decided to tell a lie to make your appear more important and more of an insider: having obtained that information from a band member. And then, in full agreement with your strong desire to appear important and gather a following, you would attack people who raised questions about your story, case in point all the irrelevant jabs towards my own site (which is paradoxical and hypocritical when we remember how sensitive you are when people irrelevantly attack you, e.g. focusing on your weight and so on rather than on the topic). But yeah, it could just be false assumptions. People will have to make up their own mind.

Why would this be top secret information anyway?

How many bands would it be some weird thing or something that needs to be kept in deep secrecy if they were in a studio or not?

Why is everything in the GNR world kept so secret? Future albums, future songs, tour dates......if the band or band members were in a studio.....all those things are subjects that most bands freely talk about. Why is it all so hush hush in the world of GnR?

I'll never know. It doesn't take a long time to post a tweet about, "been throwing idea's around in the studio today."

Just look at Bon Jovi, they have a full scale update of what their future plans are on their website, it's just being a normal rock band.

It could be false assumptions. It could also be that you grasped the possibility of spreading a rumour from a random guy at a show that you read on your website, but concious about the fact that this wouldn't portray you in the important light you so desperately crave, you decided to omit the source, hoping that people wouldn't dare to question "the Chinese Democracy dude". Later, when asked to disclose that crucial information -- and after hilariously claiming that that would be "bending over backwards" to a forum full of people you "detest" -- you decided to tell a lie to make your appear more important and more of an insider: having obtained that information from a band member. And then, in full agreement with your strong desire to appear important and gather a following, you would attack people who raised questions about your story, case in point all the irrelevant jabs towards my own site (which is paradoxical and hypocritical when we remember how sensitive you are when people irrelevantly attack you, e.g. focusing on your weight and so on rather than on the topic). But yeah, it could just be false assumptions. People will have to make up their own mind.

Who are you quoting when you write "Chinese Democracy dude?"

Oh, I can't remember your exact words from that infamous video of yours. Someone else can probably help me out here or I can just find the link on youtube and post it here.

The great thing about the world is that if two people aren't cowards, they can easily find out if an assumption is false. Just comes down to how confident you are in your position. If you were willing to wager, I would gladly verify every single thing I've said in this thread. I am very confident in my position and would be eager to prove myself to you if you were equally confident in your position. Interested?

And when the insults just doesn't give the satisfactory result you go for second best: scare away the opposition with ridiculous wagers. If I were certain I were correct then I might have accepted a wager, no wait, I am not 12 years old. But the case here, and I have been rather explicit about this, is that I am not certain my assumptions are correct, certainly not with a very high degree of confidence. I would be really happy if you could prove me to be wrong, though, but you don't seem to be capable or interested in doing that.