HAVE U REALLY BEEN SURPRISED IN ANY OF THE VEGAS SHOWS?

rosesforcure

Weeks before the Vegas Residency there was big hype and especulation about new set lists and extras, new surprises and

all that stuff.

Do yo think you´ve been surprised enough with the shows done till now? expectations fully satisfied? or... just same bullshit on and on?

Thoughts...........

Ashba's white hat was a great surprise for me. Oh, and also Ron's rejuvenated state and Black Jesus of Transylvania and the dancers and obviously There Was A Time and Catcher In The Rye. Another great surprise was Paradise City as the closer I loved it.

This is a joke, yes?

Also, traditionally they call that song the 'finale'.

That is unless Paradise City is coming in for the 9th inning of Yankees games to replace Enter Sandman of course.

Edited by Saltzy

Ashba's white hat was a great surprise for me. Oh, and also Ron's rejuvenated state and Black Jesus of Transylvania and the dancers and obviously There Was A Time and Catcher In The Rye. Another great surprise was Paradise City as the closer I loved it.

This is a joke, yes?

Also, traditionally they call that song the 'finale'.

That is unless Paradise City is coming in for the 9th inning of Yankees games to replace Enter Sandman of course.

lol I thought you were talking baseball. Go Rays!

i am surprised that so many people are attending the shows. they must have no clue it's a totally different band from the 80s.

Not many people are as ignorant as you are....

There is a point in there somewhere though. I've been to a decent number of GnR shows and the one on Saturday night was just 'different'.

Call it more a Vegas crowd and less a GnR crowd.

I have a feeling that a decent number of people at these show are Bob and Mary from Cincinnatti who are in Vegas for a few days, saw a GnR poster or ad on a cab and said, "Oh honey look! Guns N' Roses are playing while we're here! You used to love them back when you were younger, right? We shoud go see them!" as opposed to people that go out of their way to see them as fans when they tour organically.

I can always tell what kinda crowd it's gonna be when according to the ticket it's showtime and people are running in thinking the show is about to start. Last Saturday I actually saw a few people hearing the opening act playing and running in thinking they were missing the show at like 10:30. Also, almost no one around me in the GA knew the lyrics to any songs that weren't WTTJ or PC. I would say a good 20%-25% left early when they realized it was 2AM and the show wouldn't be ending anytime soon.

It was a great show, but honestly, compared to some of the NYC crowds I've been in(Hammerstein in 2006 specifically) the crowd sucked balls.

Edited by Saltzy

i am surprised that so many people are attending the shows. they must have no clue it's a totally different band from the 80s.

There is a point in there somewhere though. I've been to a decent number of GnR shows and the one on Saturday night was just 'different'.

I have a feeling that a decent number of people at these show are Bob and Mary from Cincinnatti who are in Vegas for a few days, saw a GnR poster or ad on a cab and said, "Oh honey look! Guns N' Roses are playing while we're here! You used to love them back when you were younger, right? We shoud go see them!" as opposed to people that go out of their way to see them as fans when they tour organically.

I can always tell what kinda crowd it's gonna be when according to the ticket it's showtime and people are running in thinking the show is about to start. Last Saturday I actually saw a few people hearing the opening act playing and running in thinking they were missing the show at like 10:30. Also, almost no one around me in the GA knew the lyrics to any songs that weren't WTTJ or PC. I would say a good 20%-25% left early when they realized it was 2AM and the show wouldn't be ending anytime soon.

It was a great show, but honestly, compared to some of the NYC crowds I've been in(Hammerstein in 2006 specifically) the crowd sucked balls.

I get it...it seems like you never know what kind of crowd to expect in Vegas!

I get it...it seems like you never know what kind of crowd to expect in Vegas!

Well, just think who plays in Vegas nightly.

You can see Elton John like 5 nights a week, and the guy sells out every show.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have THAT many different, independent fans. Many of the people attending these shows are just people looking to see a show or concert when they are in town. GnR is no different.

To be honest whether it was a thought out gameplan or not I think this is exactly what Axl and GnR need to do. For years it seems like he felt he was still 'Axl cicra 1990'. The reality is that neither GnR, nor rock n' roll in general have nearly the same draw as they used to. It seems he finally realized the best bet was to market himself to the specific demographic that follows him oppsed to the masses in general. 12 shows at the Hard Rock is a perfect way to tell people 'Hey, I'm still alive and performing in case you didn't know' as well as cater to the die-hards that have never stopped following him or the band.

Edited by Saltzy

Yes. Out Ta Get Me was powerful as can be. Being there for the first live performance of The Seeker was great, none of the youtube videos capture the full feel of being there. Every one near me has loved every second of each show.

Well, two more days and it's back out to Vegas for me. By Saturday I'll have seen half of the residency shows.

And there have been people going way out of the way to see these shows. My friend from Japan went to last weekends, I've met people from Germany, Argentina, Holland, Australia, Canada and who knows where else.

I've kind of been surprised it's been so relentlessly positive. The only discussion points have either been positive (TWAT etc) or the same old shit (voice, setlist blah blah blah).

As tiny a thing as it is, I was very surprised by the floating piano though. Never thought Axl would go for something like that. But I guess it's not really an imposition in any way.

+ TWAT

+ Catcher

+ Seeker

+ Don't Let It Bring You Down

+ Richard's new solo

- Axl's vocal performance

- no new original songs

- no UYI gems

- too static setlist despise some changes/additions

- dancers

- Ron playing rather lame songs for his solo instead of his more intresting works

- DJ Ashba

Overall same old "greatest hits" thing with some minor changes. I think they did pretty well for that but it could have been a lot more and and a lot better.

I hope the endless touring will raise enough money for a new album but I don't see that happening any time soon.

The more they tour, the less I'm intrested. Never thought I'd say that, but somehow the thrill is gone.

Like everybody else, I was mildly surprised/ pleased when they played The Seeker, Catcher and TWAT, but since then it's been the same old shit. They said how they were going to have to make these shows different from each other and they really haven't at all. The setlist is the same with the exception of two songs and yet another cover. If they're not going to write or play new music, they at the very least need to vary the setlist more. Out Ta Get Me, Think About You, IRS, Yesterdays, My Michelle, Oh My God - give the fans SOMETHING that's out of the ordinary.

+ TWAT

+ Catcher

+ Seeker

+ Don't Let It Bring You Down

+ Richard's new solo

- Axl's vocal performance

- no new original songs

- no UYI gems

- too static setlist despise some changes/additions

- dancers

- Ron playing rather lame songs for his solo instead of his more intresting works

- DJ Ashba

Overall same old "greatest hits" thing with some minor changes. I think they did pretty well for that but it could have been a lot more and and a lot better.

I hope the endless touring will raise enough money for a new album but I don't see that happening any time soon.

The more they tour, the less I'm intrested. Never thought I'd say that, but somehow the thrill is gone.

ahahaha, dj ashba, well i wanted what everyone wanted, new songs and setlist, vegas was a great oportunitty cuz of new crowd, residency gnr themed, but now that the oportunity is lost i dont think that they would do something new now.... they were even supposed to record the new album there, but i dont think that is happening cuz of axls current voice.