Silkworms

Carburetta

I honestly think that this song could replace near enough every song on CD and it would improve the record. It's strange that two songs Axl deemed good enough to play before 200,000 people at Rock in Rio did not make the album.

Silkworms is a simple, strong song, with a riff, industrial sounding and with angry Axl lyrics "what could i do? With a bitch like you!" is a great line. I think it's a quality little song and certainly better than Scraped, If the world etc which, let's face it, are awful.

I like the industrial feel and the ambient breakdown in the middle, the gotta keep that in the studio version. Has to be reworked though because it just feels too rushed and lacking any hooks. Like Riad, I think the studio version will be awesome.

Silkworms and Oh My God stopped being Guns N' Roses songs when Buckethead left. These songs belong to Buckethead, which is why GnR does not play them anymore and were also not included in Chinese Democracy. On the other hand, Buckethead has actually played instrumental portions of these songs at his shows.

Edited by curmudgeonrose

Silkworms and Oh My God stopped being Guns N' Roses songs when Buckethead left. These songs belong to Buckethead, which is why GnR does not play them anymore and were also not included in Chinese Democracy. On the other hand, Buckethead has actually played instrumental portions of these songs at his shows.

Correct me if I am wrong but Oh My God was not written with Bucket? I though it was Robin, Tobias and Navarro?

LOLWUT

I'm pretty sure Silkworms was written Dizzy Reed and Chris Pittman. Quit talking shit.

On the other hand, Buckethead has actually played instrumental portions of these songs at his shows.

Really? How long were the portions? I always thought he hated any suggestions of his time in GNR. Seems surprising he would bring them on himself. But then I imagine it's not his own contributions to the music that he has the problems with.

Correct me if I am wrong but Oh My God was not written with Bucket? I though it was Robin, Tobias and Navarro?

Wrong.

LOLWUT

I'm pretty sure Silkworms was written Dizzy Reed and Chris Pittman. Quit talking shit.

Wrong

On the other hand, Buckethead has actually played instrumental portions of these songs at his shows.

Really? How long were the portions? I always thought he hated any suggestions of his time in GNR. Seems surprising he would bring them on himself. But then I imagine it's not his own contributions to the music that he has the problems with.

About a minute off of each song. He included these parts on different instrumental medleys he played.

Wrong.

Guns N' Roses

Additional musicians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_My_God_(Guns_N'_Roses_song)

Edited by volcano62

Wrong.

Guns N' Roses

Additional musicians

http://en.wikipedia....#39;_Roses_song)

You are actually correct Volcano! Thank you for making me aware of my mistake................... i love you

Edited by curmudgeonrose

Wrong.

Guns N' Roses

Additional musicians

http://en.wikipedia....#39;_Roses_song)

You are actually correct Volcano! Thank you for making me aware of my mistake................... i love you

:heart:

Worst. GnR. Song. Ever.

Worse than My World, worse than anything on TSI, worse than anything on CD.

Just something Chris and Dizzy doodled up. Crap lyrics, crap music.

I hate Scraped and even that's better.

I think Axl was just throwing them a bone like a sort-of solo spot.

Would hate to see them release it.

Ps.

I would replace Scraped with OMG though. Great tune! And Scraped, imo, is the poorest most uninteresting song on CD.

Edited by username

Silkworms is rubbish Oh My God on the other hand is amazing song it should have been on Chinese Democracy

Would you replace Rhiad for OMG?

Without any hesitation

Same here....makes me wonder why the hell it didn't make the album :shrugs:

Would love to hear reworked finished version of OMG heavy Industrial sound was what Axl wanted originally

OMG was written and recorded before bucket joined. Silkworms was primarilly written by dizzy reed and chris pitman....

silkworms is a terrible song. the lyrics dont even seem to fit correctly and its basically an atmosphere sound from dizzy and chris... I didnt like scraped until I heard axl sing it live in worcester last year. that made me appreicate the song much more. OMG is decent but silkworms is the worst. as someone stated before Id rather listen to "my world"