New great bands last year?

anasaaen

Deftones' Koi No Yokan is a great album from this year. So is the new Coheed and Cambria, Silversun Pickups, Japandroids, Circa Survive...I find one of the best ways to find new music is to hit up a "Year End" list and check out anything that sounds interesting. I've found a few favorites that way.

Animal Collective's new album is superb.

Let's see... Silversun Pickups someone mentioned, The XX and Sigur Ros had strong albums, The Civil Wars had a pretty good debut album.

Grouplove also had a decent debut.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

Deftones' Koi No Yokan is a great album from this year. So is the new Coheed and Cambria, Silversun Pickups, Japandroids, Circa Survive...I find one of the best ways to find new music is to hit up a "Year End" list and check out anything that sounds interesting. I've found a few favorites that way.

Good idea, also I really like the new Deftones too.

One of the best really new bands I could name is Hacktivist. They are prolly the first combination of djent and rap :lol: Just released a debut EP, it's on Spotify.

Black Country Communion

i second this.

Third. Afterglow was their 3rd great album in succession.

I also loved:

Mumford & Sons - Babel

Kyteman - The Kyteman Orchestra (also check out his earlier albums, The Hermit Sessions and Kytecrash)

(only counting relatively new artists)

Edited by username

Babel was alright.

I'll just say if you liked Sigh No More you will certainly like Babel.

Agreed that it's basically more of the same. But I do love it.

It was definitely a solid release.

I think I was just hoping for some attempt to freshen up their sound, but I suppose their sound works and they were happy, and I was satisfied as a listener. Great fall and wintertime folk-pop.

One of the best really new bands I could name is Hacktivist. They are prolly the first combination of djent and rap :lol: Just released a debut EP, it's on Spotify.

That's pretty cool. Love the Blackmachine 8.

That's pretty cool. Love the Blackmachine 8.

Yes it's undeniably sweet :)

The National, Explosions In The Sky, Tame Impala, The Felice Brothers, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Meursault, There Will Be Fireworks, Fuck Buttons, The Hold Steady, Emmy The Great, The Antlers, Richard Hawley, The Low Anthem, Washington Irving, Rachel Sermanni, Frightened Rabbit, The Dead Weather.