If you had to choose one production style from CD?

wasted

I was wondering if Shackler's, Sorry, Scraped is how the next record will sound, is that where they will jump off. It seems like on CD they tried to smooth over some of the grunge industrial sounds. Like Ron added more rock n roll parts.

I was wondering if Shackler's, Sorry, Scraped is how the next record will sound, is that where they will jump off. It seems like on CD they tried to smooth over some of the grunge industrial sounds. Like Ron added more rock n roll parts.

I think Ron felt the songs were too tight and that GN'R's signature sound was in the multi-tracks. I think he's right.

I agree with songs like TWAT and CITR. Prostitute is great also. I just love the piano piece at the end of it, such a relaxing melody. Every time i hear that it reminds me of how DJ is always saying that Axl has all these amazing piano pieces just waiting to be turned into songs.

I don't think old Axl gets enough credit for his ability to come up with great piano melodies. He is too overshadowed by the "rasp" "snakedance" and of course the "mickey mouse" :tongue2:

I think Ron felt the songs were too tight and that GN'R's signature sound was in the multi-tracks. I think he's right.

to extrapolate that, do you think there was a bunch of songs that had that sound but the CD songs had been around so long they needed to get them out. the production they used for CD works better on CD II?

Street Of Dreams had a very classic Illusion production, much like the song itself imo. I liked the orchestration on it too and how it worked really well with other aspects of the song like the lead guitars.

I guess I would like the same grand production again, but with a little more bite to it. More NIN with a darker attitude.

Kinda like in Better, and There Was A Time, with the classic sounding Street Of Dreams and the Catcher demo, and the best things about Oh My God. I liked the experimental vocal effects Axl had on that, but it should sound more polished and not as invasive. That would be great.

Just a combination of all those things, with songs that are just as good as the ones we've got on Chinese 1.

Edited by Rovim

As much as I love Better, Prostitute and Sorry I kind of hope the next album (if there is one) has a different sound or quality to it altogether. I like the fact that Axl is willing to experiment. The last thing I want is for a GNR album that sounds like it was made a long time ago. That would relegate the band to the 'has been' shelf.

I could see the next sounding like a My Chemical Romance record.

Not me. I can see the next record sounding like IRS and like AC/DC. Imagine Blacklight Jesus and that DJ Ashba Goretorium riff on youtube with Axl on vocals. It'd be awesome. Too bad we're no gettin' it :tongue2:

I could see the next sounding like a My Chemical Romance record.

Not me. I can see the next record sounding like IRS and like AC/DC. Imagine Blacklight Jesus and that DJ Ashba Goretorium riff on youtube with Axl on vocals. It'd be awesome. Too bad we're no gettin' it :tongue2:

Dr. Feelgood meets Dj Ashba could happen. It would sell great.

Edited by wasted

Sorry sounds the best to me. They were able to capture a huge range on Axl, not bury him the mix, and also provide some great instruments to elevate the song. I only wish they brought out Bach more.

Now if they could mix an album like Halestorm, that would be badass.