Do you think TIL was the song that Slash and Duff hated on, thus causing Axl to lose his songwriting confidence for years?

Randy Lahey

Uhg. It's such a bad song.

They hated Estranged too! Fuck em

Estranged is pretty mediocre too.

Without Slash's guitar it'd be downright bad.

Perfect example of Axl's hooray for tolerance!ness and Slash's mediocrity accidentally making an 'okay' song.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese Democracy (song) is a complete dud. I still can't believe they released it as a single. The song has no chorus, a bland solo and no signature Axl Rose sounding vocals. I'm hoping that he will hire Izzy to help him write some decent rockers for the next album and keep Bumblefoot the hell away from them.

It had the initial scream. I cant think of anything more signature than that. Hope should be reserved for a russian jail, not songs. Why would Axl invite Bumblefoot to record? Dude, you need a fucking wake up call!

no

Yes. Either way they're gone and there is nothing you can do to change it. One former member is GNR's opening act, and the other is just a session/touring musician. Truth is the truth, hurts...

Why am i supposed to be do something with this?

This band is NOT Guns N' Roses. Even if former members share the same stage with Axl

there is nothing you can do to change it

Truth is the truth, hurts...

Last time I checked this band is Guns N' Roses. Just because you want to believe it isn't due to some lineup changes that you don't agree with, doesn't change the name of the band. Get over it. It's 2012. I thought most people stopped bitching about this in 2002.

some?

That some lineup changes makes GNR dead.

Just because you want to believe it is GNR it isn't. Get over it. It's 2012. Most people didn't consider this band as GNR.

end of discussion

It doesn't matter what people consider. The band is Guns N' Roses and that's a fact. Can't believe people still argue over this. :lol:

Chinese Democracy (song) is a complete dud. I still can't believe they released it as a single. The song has no chorus, a bland solo and no signature Axl Rose sounding vocals. I'm hoping that he will hire Izzy to help him write some decent rockers for the next album and keep Bumblefoot the hell away from them.

Sometimes I think it was the first single because Axl went AWOL. Like Best Buy or the label just decided to put it out. I actually see it as a good song but it's kind of more a rant than a song and too heavy for a single. I saw Shackler's and If The World as the singles as they were on a videogame and movie. with Better and SOD following Chi dem could have been seen as a warning shot. It's basically a great opener or a song like Garden of Eden. Sorry would have been a better first single or even TWAT.

Better is SCOM played by NIN I guess. Those songs really lack the dynamics of GNR rockers like YCBM or Back Off Bitch. I think it's what is called the arrangement? Scraped has been put together like a Prodigy song and Chi Dem has a U2 quality (although in the verses it sounds a lot like Jungle the way the guitars mesh), CD has a pop rock feel. All the For Those About to Rock feel has gone. If Zak Wylde had stayed they could have done a more Alice In Chains type rocker. I think this is what fans are wanting. But Axl seems to have move on. I mean it's not a surprise Finck and Bucket didnt make an ACDC album. I can't see Dj and Ron doing it either. Judas Priest meets Marc Bolan for the 21st century seems more likely. If they could just take the hard rock structure and then have the sound of Scraped that would rock. Axl is too creative for the masses. We want cheeseburgers and ice-cream. Axl likes Chili Burgers maybe it's a sign they will make a more Morrison Hotel type album. Tommy's Burger House could be the working title.

It reminds me of Duran Duran, especially Catcher, and I say that with no malice, I love them, they're one of the best pop-rock bands ever.

I think we are in for a completely different animal for the next album. There are some songs that are obviously gonna live on from the chinese era, but this band is much more close playing wise to the original guns. I don't see them writing anything like shacklers, rhiad, scraped.

Duff liked Outkast's Stankonia, too. Dude's got a nice sense of music. "November Rain" was more ambiguous. I think that, and the band personally knew Stephanie, and they saw what went down. It was kinda like "Axl, come on, dude. Get over her. Please don't make us do this."

But it's just some lyrics, if that's what was driving him to write. I'm not sure which songs he wrote about Seymour. Why didn't say that about Don't Cry, Nov Rain or SCOM. I just think they should have worked with him then he would have do the punk songs with them.

Better is SCOM played by NIN I guess. Those songs really lack the dynamics of GNR rockers like YCBM or Back Off Bitch. I think it's what is called the arrangement? Scraped has been put together like a Prodigy song and Chi Dem has a U2 quality (although in the verses it sounds a lot like Jungle the way the guitars mesh), CD has a pop rock feel. All the For Those About to Rock feel has gone. If Zak Wylde had stayed they could have done a more Alice In Chains type rocker. I think this is what fans are wanting. But Axl seems to have move on. I mean it's not a surprise Finck and Bucket didnt make an ACDC album. I can't see Dj and Ron doing it either. Judas Priest meets Marc Bolan for the 21st century seems more likely. If they could just take the hard rock structure and then have the sound of Scraped that would rock. Axl is too creative for the masses. We want cheeseburgers and ice-cream. Axl likes Chili Burgers maybe it's a sign they will make a more Morrison Hotel type album. Tommy's Burger House could be the working title.

It reminds me of Duran Duran, especially Catcher, and I say that with no malice, I love them, they're one of the best pop-rock bands ever.

The Stones are pop rock, Prince, Elton, U2. Roxette. Maybe CD is pop metal in some parts but there's songs like TIL, Better or SOD which seem more like pop rock. Ordinary Day that was Duran Duran, not unlike Madagascar.

I think he should have gone all epics on Chinese Democracy

Just cut it down to 10 tracks. I've done that just start at Better, skip Scraped and Riad. I like to start with Madagascar then Better and so on.

Do you like Korn or Zombie or is it just Shackler's. To me Shackler's is the Bucket song.

Edited by wasted

It seems like they just wanted to open up high energy then get progressively epic thoughout the side. But on the vinyl aren't they grouped like CD, Shackler's, Better, SOD. Then other side is ITW to Catcher. Scraped to IRS. Madgascar to Prostitute.

On the double vinyl I think it's like that. CD, ITW, Scraped, Madagascar opening the sides.

There some good double fisters on it. Better/SOD, TWAT/Catcher, IRS,/Madagascar, TIL/Prostitute.

I get the feeling Shackler's, Scaped, Sorry, ITW and Prostitute were sent back from CD II to destroy us.

Edited by wasted

I think the Axl and Slash dynamic was a lot like the Big Boi and Andre 3000 dynamic. If GNR had made another album after the Illusions it would have probably been a Speakerboxx/Love Below type affair.

Edited by Randy Lahey

In the end why no compromise. I just think Slash knew Axl wouldn't finish his album for another decade and got the fuck out.

The could re-record Snakepit with Axl and get slash to do Finck's parts on CD and release it as a double album.