Anyone Else Felt This Way During the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?

ChristmasFnatic

"Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part"

Acknowledge what? an album that for MOST people is most significant for it's wait. Which CD members should have been up there? Bucket? Huge? Finck?

No offense to anyone but, do people really believe CD is a a significant or even minor reason they got elected? I mean they prob would have gotten in on AFD alone. UYI just made it a home run. IF CD never came out though, does that make ANY difference?

I like the album, but come on?

As far as Chinese Democracy lineup - I think anyone who had been in the "Better" video would be the members included.

I also don't agree with the rule that the band members who didn't go in the recording studio but were a part of the band forming should be excluded. Having Pete Best or Dave Mustaine not inducted is ridiculous to me, and Ian Stewart is in as a Rolling Stone.

My problem with the induction has to do with the lineup issues. Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part. Maybe it wouldn't have changed Axl's mind, but I think it would've been harder for him to say no because he'd feel vindicated for his work.

Why should Chinese D have been acknowledged? It certainly wasn't the reason they were nominated, and has not significantly added to GNR's success in any way. None of that line-up deserved to be inducted.

My problem with the induction has to do with the lineup issues. Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part. Maybe it wouldn't have changed Axl's mind, but I think it would've been harder for him to say no because he'd feel vindicated for his work.

Why should Chinese D have been acknowledged? It certainly wasn't the reason they were nominated, and has not significantly added to GNR's success in any way. None of that line-up deserved to be inducted.

Then it's becoming about sales figures, not about the band itself, and some artists in the past that have been inducted sold nowhere near what Chinese Democracy did.

My opinion is that all lineups of a band should be inducted regardless of sales figures.

The Rock Hall bio mentioned Chinese Democracy as a "non event" - is that a biased opinion or a fair assessment?

• 1 year later...

Sad Axl couldn't have put his personal differences aside for ONE night and given the fans a treat.

Instead, for Axl, the fans took a back seat to his personal feud with Slash and for his whining about how the RnR HOF wanted to run their OWN show.

IMO, things like this are why I couldn't list Axl as the greatest front man of all time. His lack of care for his fans.

"I disagree with the management of the RnR HOF and this doesn't change anything between Slash and myself. So don't talk about a reunion and don't think we are best friends again. But for a couple hours of my life.....for three songs, we're gonna show the younger generation of rockers what Guns n F*cking Roses was all about." And then went out and tore it up on stage for 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the fans are about 15th on Axl's list of what is important for his career.

• Like 1

Sad Axl couldn't have put his personal differences aside for ONE night and given the fans a treat.

Instead, for Axl, the fans took a back seat to his personal feud with Slash and for his whining about how the RnR HOF wanted to run their OWN show.

IMO, things like this are why I couldn't list Axl as the greatest front man of all time. His lack of care for his fans.

"I disagree with the management of the RnR HOF and this doesn't change anything between Slash and myself. So don't talk about a reunion and don't think we are best friends again. But for a couple hours of my life.....for three songs, we're gonna show the younger generation of rockers what Guns n F*cking Roses was all about." And then went out and tore it up on stage for 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the fans are about 15th on Axl's list of what is important for his career.

I honestly thing he wanted to be there (maybe not actually play with the old line-up) but the fact that the HOF was trying to dictate who was invited really pissed Axl off.

Not all the fans cares about a renuion or a 10 minute fellatio with Slash.

Izzy didn't go too, i respect them more for not going. HOF from the beginning to the end is mountain of shit.

• Like 1

Izzy didn't go too, i respect them more for not going. HOF from the beginning to the end is mountain of shit.

That's the logic I don't understand.

Axl is my favorite singer. Probably yours too.

You respect him for NOT performing.

I'd personally rather see Axl perform........than be happy he didn't perform.

I don't care about a reunion either.

You don't care about seeing him play with Slash again....cool. More power to you. But surely you are intelligent enough to admit that that is YOUR personal preference and that the overwhelming majority of Axl fans disagree with you.

The old GnR was one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time. They produced four MONSTER albums, all four of them were game-changers. Why in the world wouldn't you want to see those guys together for a couple songs? If you are truly an Axl fan, why wouldn't that be something you'd want to see? Instead......you'd rather Axl stayed home and watched Dexter?

I wonder if all the Axl worshippers were pissed off and bashing the HOF when Axl participated in it a few years back? Or did their feelings "change" when Axl decided he didn't like them?

That's the logic I don't understand.

Axl is my favorite singer. Probably yours too.

You respect him for NOT performing.

I'd personally rather see Axl perform........than be happy he didn't perform.

I don't care about a reunion either.

You don't care about seeing him play with Slash again....cool. More power to you. But surely you are intelligent enough to admit that that is YOUR personal preference and that the overwhelming majority of Axl fans disagree with you.

The old GnR was one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time. They produced four MONSTER albums, all four of them were game-changers. Why in the world wouldn't you want to see those guys together for a couple songs? If you are truly an Axl fan, why wouldn't that be something you'd want to see? Instead......you'd rather Axl stayed home and watched Dexter?

I wonder if all the Axl worshippers were pissed off and bashing the HOF when Axl participated in it a few years back? Or did their feelings "change" when Axl decided he didn't like them?

What's the point of having him there if he doesn't want 2 be there?

Most fans outside of these forums care about a reunion imo. To many, Guns N' Roses does not exist anymore. So don't act like the minority is the majority.

• Like 1

Most fans outside of these forums care about a reunion imo. To many, Guns N' Roses does not exist anymore. So don't act like the minority is the majority.

Some Axl fans have a unique view on their favorite singer.

I've seen people post that they are glad Axl has only released one album in the past 15 years rather than releasing one every 3-4 years.

I've seen people post that they are glad Axl doesn't do more interviews or interact with fans.

I've seen people post that they hope Axl never releases another album just so they can come to the forum and laugh at people complaining about it.

I'm a die-hard Axl fan. So I wish he'd release more music for us to enjoy, and I'd love to see him do more interviews and be more fan friendly. It really boggles my mind how die-hard fans of a singer wouldn't want to see/hear more of that singer. Very strange logic on here.

Never said that. Never said that i don't want a reunion either. Still i prefer the 2002 lineup. So...

But then again, to many GNR does not exist, but GNR still keep going with the 213123 leg of CD and get away with it.

See ya ppl on Monday.

While they were performing, when I saw the picture of the original band behind them(esp with Axl in it), plus I guess with SCOM playing, I cant help but feel bittersweet, and borderline sad. Missed opportunity to have a reunion. Im not gonna whine how Axl should be there, just saying that it could have been something great.

Really make me miss the original lineup more. That said, anyone else felt the same way? Such nostalgic bittersweet feelings during that show?

never watched that , i was busy hearing chinese democracy, you know the latest guns n roses album :)

• Like 1

Well you realize that "feud" as you call it, is part of axl's personal life right ? So between his personal life and us (the fans) of course we'll always lose! the man as his own reasons for not wanting to share the same stage as slash and he doesnt owe any of us shit so why should he do something he doesn't want to just to please you ?

You guys are always talking about how one of the things that made guns great was the fuck you , my way or the highway attitude but when axl decides to do things his way you criticize the man ? Man up, try to put yourselves on his shoes, if you can't then just fuck off

Edited by kanudo19
  • Like 2

I honestly don't think Axl would have ever showed up to perform with the entire old band: and that's his right. He doesn't want to work with Slash again. That's his right and his choice. Not every broken friendship/work partnership is mended. It is what it is, and Slash and Axl both have their own perception of why the relationship disintegrated, and there's probably a truth somewhere in the middle.

I think the issue with "only ten minutes" onstage was that it would have opened a can of worms. It would have turned into "well, if you can stand to do it onstage for ten minutes, maybe you can do one full show, just one?" and then "well, you did one show, how about two more?" and "how about a tour?" and...yeah. And that might have not necessarily been good for anyone, and then Axl would have looked like a jerk AGAIN for not wanting to do any of that.

I think that if it hadn't been for people like Adler talking trash about the new band in the press before the HoF and begging and pleading for a reunion, there might have been at least some participation, though. I could have easily seen Axl doing, say, a pre-recorded video acceptance speech. Or Skyping live or something.

Edited by stella

Most people who were around for AFD/UYI wanted a reunion ( watching youtube doesn't count as having been there) To you kids who didn't get to experience it first-hand and are therefore happy with anybody Axl hires, well that's your prerogative. There are rare adult exceptions such as Volcano (who just wants party passes from TB) and that other guy who signs all of his posts as if we don't know who is writing them.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 1

yes, they missed a big chance to do something really great for the fans. i'm sure even the fans of the new band would love to have seen axl and slash together again. it could have been a magical night for the music world.

Axl and Izzy missed a big chance - everyone else willing, able and present

Everyone likes to shit on Axl for everything...it is expected.

However Izzy not showing up speaks volumes about those imposters posing as GNR.

Those "imposters" made it possible for Axl to hire Dj Ashba and still draw a few thousand people in the US to Gn'R shows. If they were to ever reunite and Axl were to once again praise Slash you'd probably be on here virtually licking Slash's balls.

• Like 1

Those "imposters" made it possible for Axl to hire Dj Ashba and still draw a few thousand people in the US to Gn'R shows. If they were to ever reunite and Axl were to once again praise Slash you'd probably be on here virtually licking Slash's balls.

I've already stated if Slash jams with the band I'm finished. Nice try.

I'm not sure Gn'R could stand the loss of a grown ass fan who came in his pants when he learned Axl was coming to town. Those fans are needed. You should try and hook up with the guy/girl who held up the Dj Ashba is better than Slash banner. You two could do a whole lot of Gn'R-educating

you and me both, luckily for us Axl doesn't sellout

• Like 1

you and me both, luckily for us Axl doesn't sellout

LOL.........what do you call playing weddings and celeb birthday parties? Not selling out????

But just out of curiosity, for you and Volcano - why? Why do you hate Slash so much, when he has never done anything personally to you.

That is creepy and weird enough. But hey, fans go crazy over Justin Bieber. Celeb worship....it is what it is.

But if Axl made up with Slash, why in the world would you guys still hate him? Your only reason for hating him is your celeb worship of Axl. If Axl and Slash get past their differences and make up and decide to make music together again..............why in the world would you stop listening to your favorite singer? That makes no sense. No offense, but certainly see how overly obsessive that makes you guys sound?

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1