Greatest Guns N Roses Memory Ever Told... (video)

ThomasMeadow

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Interesting story, TM. Glad you enjoyed it, but honestly, I can't think of any song that I think is worse than this, except from maybe Shackler's Revenge which is about as shitty. I'd probably take it over "Puff Daddy" or whatever you said in the video, but I think that's about it. I haven't heard this song in probably 6 years and I don't plan to ever listen to it again.

Interesting story, TM. Glad you enjoyed it, but honestly, I can't think of any song that I think is worse than this, except from maybe Shackler's Revenge which is about as shitty. I'd probably take it over "Puff Daddy" or whatever you said in the video, but I think that's about it. I haven't heard this song in probably 6 years and I don't plan to ever listen to it again.

Yeah, you probably can't still get enough of that Backstreet Boys Greatest Hits. You just simply don't have time for shitty rock music.

Edited by Russel Nash

Similiar feelings/memories about OMG, except my friends (at the time) listened little bit cooler stuff (IMO) than hiphop or numetal or fakepunk. Meaning oldschool /hc/ cbgb-punk, garagerock, soul , doowop, 50´s RnR and so on and so on...but yeah...GNR was NEVER cool enough for them anyway and late 90´s they were pretty much passe and dead to anybody. Except me ofcourse :popcorn:

My personal greatest GNR-memory was in ´87 when i got this LP : http://www.discogs.com/Various-Time-To-Rock/release/1922481

I listened "Shadow" over and over again and i was in lööv :wub: L-U-V. When i heard "Jungle" same year i just knew it...this is MY band rock3 and after all these years it still is.

ps. i love ChiDem *the record* and still also buy anything from AFD-guys (Adler just arrived via post)...soooo, you can say that i kinda love this band (old n´nu).

Similiar feelings/memories about OMG, except my friends (at the time) listened little bit cooler stuff (IMO) than hiphop or numetal or fakepunk. Meaning oldschool /hc/ cbgb-punk, garagerock, soul , doowop, 50´s RnR and so on and so on...but yeah...GNR was NEVER cool enough for them anyway and late 90´s they were pretty much passe and dead to anybody. Except me ofcourse :popcorn:

My personal greatest GNR-memory was in ´87 when i got this LP : http://www.discogs.c...release/1922481

I listened "Shadow" over and over again and i was in lööv :wub: L-U-V. When i heard "Jungle" same year i just knew it...this is MY band rock3 and after all these years it still is.

ps. i love ChiDem *the record* and still also buy anything from AFD-guys (Adler just arrived via post)...soooo, you can say that i kinda love this band (old n´nu).

Please tell me what version of Shadow Of Your Love?

I want to buy this. I search for the

version not the
with the intro "Wake Up, It's Time To Play" (just like the version of the Live And Let Die CD Single)

My personal greatest GNR-memory was in ´87 when i got this LP : http://www.discogs.c...release/1922481

Please tell me what version of Shadow Of Your Love?

I want to buy this. I search for the

version not the
with the intro "Wake Up, It's Time To Play" (just like the version of the Live And Let Die CD Single)

It´s the same as this : https://en.wikipedia...ki/It's_So_Easy so everybody has it nowadays, pretty much nobody had it before *Easy 12" and LFTJ EP : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses_%28EP%29

Edited by makkonen

Man thats basically the same thing I remember from 99. I was like 15 and I remember they showed the commercial for end of days during the vma's and it showed all the shitty bands you mentioned and then at the end it said new music by GUNS N' ROSES and I guess I had cooler friends because I remember the next day at school everybody was talking about how gnr was finally doing something new. My one teacher bitched at me cuz I was searching online for gnr news while i was suppose to be doing a report or some shit. I still have the hit parader my mom got me around that time because she saw where it had an article on Axl where he was talking about OMG and the headline said "Oh my God is this man finally ready to make some new music" and he ended the article saying peace out, power to the people, and blame Canada. It really felt like GNR was on the verge of something special.

awesome video thomas. and i fucking feel the same fucking way you felt back then. but i felt it in 2008 when the fucking record came out. i had just moved to the united states and nobody seemed to care about fucking rock n roll and i knew chinese democracy was close... and when it came out... fuck man!!! it was the best feeling ever!! i dont give a fuck about anyone else!!! fucking history!! thanks for the video thomas... it just feels great to know that someone else shares these feelings for this band and this music thank you so much man. i really hope to meet you someday.

Man thats basically the same thing I remember from 99. I was like 15 and I remember they showed the commercial for end of days during the vma's and it showed all the shitty bands you mentioned and then at the end it said new music by GUNS N' ROSES and I guess I had cooler friends because I remember the next day at school everybody was talking about how gnr was finally doing something new. My one teacher bitched at me cuz I was searching online for gnr news while i was suppose to be doing a report or some shit. I still have the hit parader my mom got me around that time because she saw where it had an article on Axl where he was talking about OMG and the headline said "Oh my God is this man finally ready to make some new music" and he ended the article saying peace out, power to the people, and blame Canada. It really felt like GNR was on the verge of something special.

I remember i had no idea that it was gonna happen and i was at work...the wrif in detroit 101.1 came on and said they were about to play new gn'r. i had my boombox there and threw in a tape. The world literally stopped for me...i played that tape nonstop til i got the soundtrack.

This is the best thing i have read/heard on this site in like 8 years or longer. An actual story of somesones love of GNR and a supercool memory to support that love. i loved your story TM and it was the perfect one to relate as well. I remember my excitement too surrounding the release of the song. i was terribly dissappointed in the song, though. But now i can hear its potential genius. A clear example of how talented Axl is. The things Axl n Slash could have accomplished.