Do you think Axl should hire a fellow big name musician like Noel Gallagher to produce CD II?

Randy Lahey

Do you think Axl should hire a fellow big name musician like Noel Gallagher to produce CD II? I really think Noel would have been able to perfect Catcher in the Rye and The Blues for Axl, and there's no way in hell he would have ever allowed Bumblefoot's CITR solo to make the album. I think it would be a good thing if Axl had somebody in the studio of equal talent and prestige to bounce ideas off, and he doesn't really have an equal in New GNR.

Says who? lol

It's all about Axl's choices, anyway. Dont kid yourself even further. If Bucket's solos and rhythm were removed, Axl wanted to remove them. Get over it already. Move on. You will never hear all of Bucket's work, some (if not most) were already removed and even if Axl wanted to hire you and BBA to produce the next album it would still be the same.

It's all about Axl's choices, anyway. Dont kid yourself even further. If Bucket's solos and rhythm were removed, Axl wanted to remove them. Get over it already. Move on.

I think he removed them because he felt pressured to include Bumblefoot and Frank on the album.

The only people that could pull off a Chinese Democracy II and make it sound listenable would be Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, Flood, Brian Eno, or Danger Mouse.

And even if they hired one of these people I'm sure Axl would fire them after a week or two for bringing real musical ideas to the table.

Edited by LiveFromNormal

That would certainly be interesting. Maybe it happens in a parallel universe. But really, I think they'd both only do it at gunpoint. They're just too different and have nothing in common apart from being both musicians...

I'm sure they have a common respect for one another as songwriters. Perhaps not as part of Guns but I think a collaboration between them could produce some interesting results. CITR isn't a million miles away from something I'd think Noel might come and I reckon if they were able to co-exist in a studio they could create some banging tunes.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

HFB need to open for GN'R in the UK. Noel was British rock n' roller with Oasis then reinvented himself under HFB. Axl was American hard rocker with Slash and co then went into a completely different direction with CD. Noel's take on the direction of TWAT and CITR before the elaborate edits from 1999 onwards would have unquestionably led to hits.

I'm sure Oasis could have turned Catcher in the Rye into a hit song. That song and The Blues really only needed a few tweaks to reach classic status. And Noel could have helped Axl fix the first two minutes of TWAT so it flowed more naturally.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Axl has plenty of musicians he could bounce ideas off of, Fortus and Dizzy for example. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to bounce ideas of izzy either as they seem to be on good terms. The Blues and Catcher could've both been hits, had they been released around 02. The 2001 and 2002 version of the blues was a great song, and the 1999 leak of Catcher was also great. Axl had a great band in 2002, IMO better than the original line up.

Edited by liers

I think it will get done if Dj produces with Axl. Maybe the same guys who did CD.

But to make something new Ross Robinson.

But theres so much to a Guns record.

It seems like thet are mixing old and new. So if Dj has a song does it get processed like the songs on CD. Mixed by Andy Wallace who did Nirvana and Faith no More.

I think they dont need a producer.

It's all about Axl's choices, anyway. Dont kid yourself even further. If Bucket's solos and rhythm were removed, Axl wanted to remove them. Get over it already. Move on.

I think he removed them because he felt pressured to include Bumblefoot and Frank on the album.

They both joined too late and Ron even said that he would not be on the record, but after a few weeks Axl probably changed his mind. Fortus was in the band for 4 years, Ron was in the band for a few weeks yet he played on every song. If Axl really felt the pressure to add Ron and Frank he would let them play here and there and they would be happy. But no, Ron played on every song - only him and Robin played on every song. Even Fortus played a few rhythm tracks here and there - and he was in the band for 4 years! - and Ron played major rhythm/lead tracks on most songs. So you dont have a valid point.