Surviving Led Zep Members to appear on the David Letterman show

classicrawker

Led Zeppelin gives rare interview to David Letterman

CBS, David Letterman, Kennedy Center, Late Show With David Letterman, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on November, 30 2012 1:50 PM

David Letterman has landed a rare interview with John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin.

The legendary rock group visits “Late Show With David Letterman” at 11:35 p.m. Monday on CBS (WKMG-Channel 6).

Letterman and Led Zeppelin are receiving the Kennedy Center Honors on Sunday in Washington. Viewers will get to see that event at 9 p.m. Dec. 26 on CBS.

And it will be worth the wait, because it’s the classiest awards show.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/11/led-zeppelin-gives-rare-interview-to-david-letterman.html

Also just heard a rumour they are supposed to play an acoustic version of Stairway to Heaven on the show

I call bullshit, doesn't sound like something they (especially Plant) would do...

Might be but the person reporting it does have ties to the band and has been reliable in the past with news.............. :shrugs:

It is the same guy, Third Eye Productions, who filmed the O2 concert bootleg that circulated....He also did a ton of Page Plant live videos......

Will be interesting to see what happens.......

Edited by classicrawker

Also just heard a rumour they are supposed to play an acoustic version of Stairway to Heaven on the show

I call bullshit, doesn't sound like something they (especially Plant) would do...

Might be but the person reporting it does have ties to the band and has been reliable in the past with news.............. :shrugs:

It is the same guy, Third Eye Productions, who filmed the O2 concert bootleg that circulated....He also did a ton of Page Plant live videos......

Will be interesting to see what happens.......

Ah I see. I certainly don't have anything against an acoustic Stairway :drool:

BTW really gotta get Celebration Day. How can I even call myself a die hard LZ fan without having seen that is really questionable... would've gone to a screening, but there wasn't one in my city, and could see it on Youtube, but I want to pay for it.

Are you sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svnjq9kbdIk

:shock: never saw that before. I think they could play a better acoustic version these days tho

ive been trying for the past 12 hours to find people that can help me get tickets... i did the sign up lottery thing but still am looking for other ways.

everyone, it is my dream to see led zeppelin, i dont care if they play, talk, or dance. i tried for the o2 show, the ny movie premiere, and the kennedy centre honors. all no gos...

im 21 so it was impossible for me to see even page play the last time he toured. im willing to skip exams and fly from michigan to see this, if anyone gets tickets. PLEASE consider me as your guest. my name is alex baylerian.

that sounded like a horrible commercial, im sorry everyone. im just REALLY trying to make this work.

anyways, celebration day is amazing. highly recommend it. cheers rock3

ive been trying for the past 12 hours to find people that can help me get tickets... i did the sign up lottery thing but still am looking for other ways.

everyone, it is my dream to see led zeppelin, i dont care if they play, talk, or dance. i tried for the o2 show, the ny movie premiere, and the kennedy centre honors. all no gos...

im 21 so it was impossible for me to see even page play the last time he toured. im willing to skip exams and fly from michigan to see this, if anyone gets tickets. PLEASE consider me as your guest. my name is alex baylerian.

that sounded like a horrible commercial, im sorry everyone. im just REALLY trying to make this work.

Unless you have a connection to Vinnie Favale, no way. I'm sure autograph collectors are going to be horrible that day, too. But for New Yorkers, pretty cool if you're outside the Sullivan studio, go see the tree, Saks Fifth Ave, and Led Zep enter the theater all in the same day.

We know Dave's a ballbuster, and Robert's been on the show before, so it should be a lot of fun banter. I won't be surprised if he brings up the "schmuck" comment.

We might see John or Jimmy play with Paul Shaffer, and maybe Robert will sing a cover song, but if there's already a music guest, they're just going to talk about the DVD, do some friendly banter, and maybe bring up the reissues.

But it would kick ass if they did Live at Letterman and webstreamed a concert. The theater is still hallowed ground for rock bands, because of The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show happening there, and Led Zep never performed on Ed Sullivan.

Unless you have a connection to Vinnie Favale, no way. I'm sure autograph collectors are going to be horrible that day, too. But for New Yorkers, pretty cool if you're outside the Sullivan studio, go see the tree, Saks Fifth Ave, and Led Zep enter the theater all in the same day.

We know Dave's a ballbuster, and Robert's been on the show before, so it should be a lot of fun banter. I won't be surprised if he brings up the "schmuck" comment.

We might see John or Jimmy play with Paul Shaffer, and maybe Robert will sing a cover song, but if there's already a music guest, they're just going to talk about the DVD, do some friendly banter, and maybe bring up the reissues.

But it would kick ass if they did Live at Letterman and webstreamed a concert. The theater is still hallowed ground for rock bands, because of The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show happening there, and Led Zep never performed on Ed Sullivan.

yeah ive sadly given up. my aunt's friend works for pbs but couldnt get me a ticket. oh well, hopefully ill see pagey one day. and they wont play tomorrow at the kennedy center or at letterman. would surely be great but i just know they wont lol

I think "Celebration Day" was also about giving Jason the keys to the legacy of Led Zeppelin, and be a part of the decision making in years to come, instead of everyone else's kids bickering over it. There's going to have to be someone who's going to tell the story of the band, and he'd be perfect for it. I don't think he'd hide his dad's thuggish behavior, but he's also going to show the fun side of Bonzo. They do want to hold on to some of the mystique and all that, but I think they also want to have something that calls BS on the unofficial books. I know Page's book was a labor of love, but he restricted how many copies went out (for now).

From what I read in Rolling Stone, should be some cool things coming out by them, and maybe some soundboards to come as well. It is a last hurrah reissue project, everything being remixed and remastered for iTunes, Amazon,etc, and elaborate packaging for each album. I'm sure that means LZIII will have a working wheel, In Through the Out Door will do something cool with the photos, and Physical Graffiti could have even more windows. I am hoping they're all going to be on Blu Ray audio/video so they can put out the different mixes and make it interactive, as well as include never seen concert footage as well as the ones that made the bootleg rounds.

Someone should ask them if they do have a bunch of outtakes, if they're going to do what the Stones did and make them into new songs. They have plenty of unused Bonzo recordings as much as you do Page recordings. Plant would have no problem with the latter era songs and making them sound like they were Presence or In Through the Out Door outtakes.