Boston 2002 was 10 years ago

Crash Diet

This was a band that was poised to take shit over again. Listen to the crowd. Axl sounded like classic Axl in the sense that he had a hunger, drive, and chip on his shoulder. Buckethead was doing the impossible and filling Slash's shoes.

I guess what happened when BH left, so did Axl's best hope at taking shit over again. So he's been touring a while and all but I think he's pulled back and trying to figure out the next thing, which of course is recording a stripped down Rose/Stradlin Beggar's Banquet album.

The best of the '02 shows, maybe tied with MSG.

I'm one of the few people that actually liked his 2002 voice, except there were only a few shows where he actually sounded good using it. Boston and MSG were about as good as that type of voice got. Listening to a show like Nampa is painful though.

gotta throw in Toronto as well. That was a fantastic show

Personally I think MSG was the magic show of 2002.

God I forgot some of the peculiar noises that came out of Axl that year. To be honest the asides like 'take it!' sound a bit silly in the 'mickey mouse' voice. Compared to today though Axl does look like he is on fast forward.

I forgot how good this show was. The guitar playing was insane. I remember being so pumped up for this show. I went to the Hartford show two nights later was not nearly as good. I believe they played MSG and then we all know what happened from there. This lineup sounded pretty tight I thought Brain fit in well.