The Hobbit officially sucks....

Vincent Vega

The Hobbit was one movie I've been waiting almost a decade for, having been a big fan of the LOTR films and the original novels. I literally waited years for this film...And it apparently sucks. With the first reviews, it has a 62% rating at Metacritic, a 71% rating at Rotten Tomatoes, and the following review (SPOILERS) by Ain't It Cool News sums up the general sentiment:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59869

Bloat.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but how the fuck can you say it sucks when you haven't seen it yet. In what fucking world do we come from where 71% is bad, if it was at 30% on metacritic then I would be worried. Also you have forgotten one thing, all that matters is YOUR OPINION, don't be a blind sheep and follow what other reviews say until you have seen it yourself. Until then reserve your judgement, it is fine to be a little pessimistic but to say it sucks when it has a 71% on metacritic and you haven't seen it yet is fucking stupid.

Dude, it has five reviews on Metacritic, and none of them say that it 'sucks'.

Furthermore a 71 on Rotten Tomatos isn't evidence of a movie sucking :lol:

When each LOTR movie averaged above 90 on there....It's not a good sign.

All of the reviews thus far are pointing to be a bloated, over stretched film.

Dude, it has five reviews on Metacritic, and none of them say that it 'sucks'.

Furthermore a 71 on Rotten Tomatos isn't evidence of a movie sucking :lol:

When each LOTR movie averaged above 90 on there....It's not a good sign.

All of the reviews thus far are pointing to be a bloated, over stretched film.

Did you expect that it wouldn't be?

Hey, critics says Chinese Democracy is not worth the time, the GNR name, blabla. Then, you listen to it and it's awesome.

MTV is telling the kids today that RNR is dead and the best next thing is Jersey Shore. My advise, go to see the movie for yourself.

Critics KILLED Prometeus and the where partially right, but i enjoyed the movie and thought it was bad scripted, but worthwhile.

Hey, critics says Chinese Democracy is not worth the time, the GNR name, blabla. Then, you listen to it and it's awesome.

MTV is telling the kids today that RNR is dead and the best next thing is Jersey Shore. My advise, go to see the movie for yourself.

Critics KILLED Prometeus and the where partially right, but i enjoyed the movie and thought it was bad scripted, but worthwhile.

Yeah, exactly fuck them. I don't know why these critics exist to begin with. It's all about personal opinion, why should I care about theirs? My own opinion is the only one that matters for me. Just because they said they didn't like it, it doesn't mean you won't like it as well.

Never could undertand how if someone is a fan they would worry about a movie being too bloated? I have yet to see a movie where I did not like the Directors cut better than the original as it gave me more content..I want as much as I can get...............

I say the same thing when people say an album is too bloated.