Have GNR embarked on a never-ending tour?

wasted

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think GNR will tour out the decade?

Seeing as this is where the money is and where the fun is for GNR fans.

So Axl is in it for the money?

Fun for the fans?

You do realize it doesn't have to be one or the other, right? Your statement seems to be the new talking point statement by the Axl defenders. Saying that touring is where the money is and that Axl is happy is your groups way of defending Axl's lack of interest in putting out new music.

Putting out a new album doesn't prevent Axl from continuing this non-stop tour.

Putting out a new album doesn't make the touring less fun for the band or for the fans. If anything it makes it more fun for everybody. The bans gets to play some of their own songs. Fans get to hear new songs. Everybody wins.

Fun for the fans?

You do realize it doesn't have to be one or the other, right? Your statement seems to be the new talking point statement by the Axl defenders. Saying that touring is where the money is and that Axl is happy is your groups way of defending Axl's lack of interest in putting out new music.

Putting out a new album doesn't make the touring less fun for the band or for the fans. If anything it makes it more fun for everybody. The bans gets to play some of their own songs. Fans get to hear new songs. Everybody wins.

I didn't say that. I think they can put out a record while on tour or between tours. They seem to have material, arent starting from scratch, maybe add a couple of songs. I think being on tour might encourage the label or whoever to get things set up.

The live show are their best promo for an album, the albums that are out and making some money.

Keep on touring seems to be the smartest thing, 'greatest hits' tour will never grow old (as classics never do...) so no reason to stop a thing that Axl clearly seems happy to do and gets recognition from the public while doing so.

Releasing new music really doesn't seem a priority for Axl anymore and it definitely won't be the label's too after CD... And unlike here in the forum the casual GnR fan (vast majority) doesn't give a shit about new music and hardly knows CD at all...

Edited by trqster

Fun for the fans?

I'll always be looking forward to a new album, Axl's musical genius does not deserve to be buried in the vault forever. But in the meantime, I will be enjoying these tours and not pining over the album after each show.

Amazing that so many are willing to settle for a 11 year tour with 1 album and a set dominated by pre-CD stuff and will still defend valiantly that this as the "real GnR", including some of the guys like Tommy N Dizzy. Not hating, but my how standards have been lowered. A great live act they may be, but this is the very definition of a cover band, play lots of someone else's material and maybe a few of their own. GNR as a viable RECORDING artist seems dead. Nearly 20 years, one album and lots of supporters who point to the trove of songs Axl recorded that we may never hear. Hard to comprehend the undying allegiance, although it's little easier than before CD had come out and the same group was talking about how great GNR was, even after what was at that time 14 years and one song being released.

I just don't get it, is it blind eyed optimism? loyalty to Axl? delusion? In what universe does taking this long to build a band to release one album and tour off of it forever, be defined a viable musical force. Old Guns may have been dysfunctional but at least there was music and isn't that what it's about?

Amazing that so many are willing to settle for a 11 year tour with 1 album and a set dominated by pre-CD stuff and will still defend valiantly that this as the "real GnR", including some of the guys like Tommy N Dizzy. Not hating, but my how standards have been lowered. A great live act they may be, but this is the very definition of a cover band, play lots of someone else's material and maybe a few of their own. GNR as a viable RECORDING artist seems dead. Nearly 20 years, one album and lots of supporters who point to the trove of songs Axl recorded that we may never hear. Hard to comprehend the undying allegiance, although it's little easier than before CD had come out and the same group was talking about how great GNR was, even after what was at that time 14 years and one song being released.

I just don't get it, is it blind eyed optimism? loyalty to Axl? delusion? In what universe does taking this long to build a band to release one album and tour off of it forever, be defined a viable musical force. Old Guns may have been dysfunctional but at least there was music and isn't that what it's about?

We did get an album just four years ago, chill.

Well it does if you're Axl Rose because it takes 15 years and $13 million to produce.

1. Even if it doesn't take as long as CD, it's hard to record an album whilst touring. Focus is required and you can't do that while touring.

2. Even if it doesn't cost as much as CD to produce, in Axl's mind it's probably going to cost A LOT. Hence perhaps the incessant touring to (maybe) fund CDII.

I know everyone says that the songs are ALREADY recorded, but I doubt Axl would be satisfied with the material and will probably want to do it over and over again (I'm not being facetious here).

Amazing that so many are willing to settle for a 11 year tour with 1 album

What the fuck? Settle? I settle for things I purchase, or things I have control over. I don't settle for something I have no control over. This entitlement attitude is ridiculous. Don't imply that people who are fans of the band and don't bitch incessantly that we settle. I work my ass off for everything I have, my family, my kids etc, I settle for NOTHING I cannot control. Are you serious?

but my how standards have been lowered

How can what someone else does lower your standards? Aren't you supposed to do this? What the fuck are you saying? Is Axl the ONLY musician in the world? Thereby forcing you to accept his terms?

Hard to comprehend the undying allegiance,

Allegiance? You mean our like for the band. Did people who enjoy the shows somehow swear our allegiance to a complete stranger? Did I swear to never listen to another band, or go to another show? Hyperbole just called, and they want their bullshit back.

what universe does taking this long to build a band to release one album and tour

I am sorry, which universe is the one where you released a CD? Which universe is the one where he has to measure up to your musical code?

Old Guns may have been dysfunctional but at least there was music and isn't that what it's about?

Umm, maybe you should ask Axl what it is about for him, the guys who has sold 30 million albums and toured for 30 years what is it about, instead of you telling him how to wind down his musical career.

You guys fucking kill me , LOL. Such a sense of entitlement. If you are hurt by Axl, speak for yourself. The irony is we are called nutswingers, and you are the one who is somehow hanging on his every move, and are forced to lower your standards, that makes YOU the swinger IMO. :shades:

Edited by Gunzen

Since 09 we have seen differend tours, it aint the chinese democracy tpur anymore. If axl keeps trouing with this bang i will see em anywhere anytome im in the region. They rock. Who knows when we see a new album, but this band is on fire. And who cares what they do, they could be on a 3 year break again but they aren't.

Will CDII be that much better than CD...? Will it really be a "GnR" album? Who will fund the album production after what happened with CD? Will it be relevant at all?

Just take a look at Bon Jovi for instance - they're still massively popular when touring and have put out a lot of new albums throughout the years, but people just wanna hear their old greatest hits at the live shows - they get almost no reaction from the crowd when they play new stuff - a bit like Axl with CD songs (except for TIL)... Bon Jovi is a nostalgia act as much as GnR.

I'll be a much happier fan if I can keep seeing Axl touring around the world, being happy, and if the fans are really lucky maybe we'll get a few more UYI songs covered. Wouldn't that be waht like 90% of the 'fans' would want anyway?

There is no money in new music anymore..touring is where bands make their money............Axl will continue to milk the past as long as fans are willing to go pay to see his tribute band and he can support his lifestyle...........there is no incentive for him to make new music........