Have GNR embarked on a never-ending tour?

wasted

i guess Axl is just having fun touring at the moment and of course the money being generated from it couldn't hurt. But somehow i don't think Axl is interested in releasing new music any time soon. I dont get why he cant go on releasing new albums every few years like most other artists. i only wish he could be as relaxed about releasing new albums as he seems to be about touring,

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god....they should do this but should not do that, I want this.... Can`t people just be happy that GnR tour so they can see their favorite band and have a good time? Yeah a new album would be nice, but somehow I really doubt that Axl and the boys will have more disciplin to record if people bitch because they tour....

I have.

I am tired of the touring.

If it is so tiring then just stop going to the concerts for a while.

I have.

Amazing as it seems but one of the reasons - perhaps the main reason - I am a fan of gnr is the desire to go into a record store and buy new gnr music. This is normality with just about every band but gnr.

It's disheartening to see Axl's seemingly ambivalent attitude towards new music.

Sure, the vast majority of people who attend a GNR gig are casual fans who have come to hear a Greatest Hits package. But how about throwing a bone to us hardcore fans once in a while? Doesn't even have to be a new album, even an internet single, just something to show us that Axl still gives a shit.

Maybe Axl needs the cash?

Which he's not going to make by putting out an album...

Plus, he couldn't live with himself if he released any new recordings sounding like mickey mouse..

idk, it's all kind of making sense to me..frustrating, but yeaaa..

having listened to chinese democracy again for the first time since it was released, i wholeheartedly support touring, golfing or any other activity that keeps nugnr as far from the studio as possible.

Wow, you are on crack.

I don't want an album with axls current voice, but chinese rivals anything old gnr ever did. Phenominal record.

All you guys that are attacking my comments by citing that CD came out 4 years ago, what would you have said 4 years ago?" It's only been 17 years, but that album's coming!!!" Think what you want, GNR came out of the gates with AFD, Followed strongly w UYI in 91 and 17 years later we got CD from Axl & Co. I am not blaming anyone, but if you are not disappointed overall in terms of MUSICAL OUTPUT these last 2 decades, more power to you.

Edited by alfa75

Axl will go down as one of the most exciting, explosive, lead singers of all time who never truly delivered on his promise and slowly faded away a reclusive crackpot surrounded by sycophants and hired misfits, burning through record company money to deliver the most overhyped dud in the history of popular music, never again to release a note of original music and spend the rest of his career touring on the nostalgia circuit as whatever mystique surrounding him faded away to reveal a jaded washed up has been intent on shitting all over what once made him great, while humping the greatest hits crowd in backwater markets for every last cent he can grab, a sad caricature of his former self, having alienated all his old friends and everyone that matters in the industry, preferring the company of his cats and housekeeper from Brazil.

Rock N' Roll

Edited by TheDiceMan

GnR fans have grown accustomed to illegally downloading their music, far more than any other band (since that was the only way to hear their music for years). Why spend the money to make a product when you know 90% of your customers will steal it?

This.

I've seen on this and other forums where people seem "proud" to have never purchased Chinese Democracy but they know every song on the album and can debate it just fine. The same people will sit back and bitch about how GN'R never plays new material and they don't seem to have an album on the horizon.

Why would they care? They never bothered to buy the last one!

GnR fans have grown accustomed to illegally downloading their music, far more than any other band (since that was the only way to hear their music for years). Why spend the money to make a product when you know 90% of your customers will steal it?

This.

I've seen on this and other forums where people seem "proud" to have never purchased Chinese Democracy but they know every song on the album and can debate it just fine. The same people will sit back and bitch about how GN'R never plays new material and they don't seem to have an album on the horizon.

Why would they care? They never bothered to buy the last one!

To counter the piracy issue, bands need to be innovative and offer things with the cd to make people see the advantage of buying. People won't buy the cow if they can get the milk for free.

Give me an active touring band over the silent years any day of the week.

Remember 2003-2005?

True that! I want new music as much as the next guy, but will keep going to their shows. It's my favorite band, playing the songs I listen to daily. And the people that say, he needs the money. Most people do. Even the rich.