DJ Ashba does a new Photoshoot for Monster Energy

Tyler Drama

http://www.monsterenergy.com/us/en/bands/dj-ashba/

p17e62fopv8731b1n1clpaj86a6d_L_683x472.jpg

Eighteen years after moving to Los Angeles in his van as a teenager, Dj Ashba can claim that he is an award-winning guitarist, producer, grammy nominated songwriter, multi-platinum recording artist, graphic design entrepreneur and member of the bands Guns 'n Roses and Sixx: A.M. With an unstoppable mixture of raw talent and hard work, Ashba has already made a name for himself in the world of rock'n'roll, and he has only just begun.

Ashba was raised in rural Fairbury, Illinois by his religious single-mother, a classically trained pianist, who began teaching him about music as a toddler. Growing up, Ashba scrapped and scrounged to learn how to play the drums and the guitar—practicing sometimes 17 hours a day. For his 16th birthday, Ashba's father took him to his first concert, the Motley Crue Girls, Girls, Girls tour and his life was forever changed. "The crowd, the music, the lights! It was the night I realized that no matter what it takes, I was gonna be on that stage one day." At the age of 19, Dj packed up his possessions and set out for Hollywood to make it as a rockstar.

After working with bands such as Barracuda and Motley Crüe it was announced in 2009 that Ashba would be the new guitarist of Guns N’ Roses. Since joining the band, Ashba has toured Canada, Asia, and South America in support of their latest album, CHINESE DEMOCRACY. "Axl and I have tons of respect for each other, I am very thankful to be a member of Guns N' Roses. God Only knows the damage were about to do."

Never one to take his success for granted Ashba says, "I am very happy that the fans have never given up on me over the many years of struggling in this business. They are my motivation. My strength, and their love and support is the fuel that burns the fire in my heart."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

DJ's had a lot of exposure of late; frequent interviews regarding the Las Vegas residency with major publishers/TV companies, the residency itself and the campaign about bullying. You have to realize a lot of these Twitter bots are self-created and follow users which avail of certain 'buzz' terminology in their tweets.