DJ Ashba does a new Photoshoot for Monster Energy

Tyler Drama

Cool

LOL at all the jealous haters.

Face it he is more relevant than Slash and they can't stand it. Must be hard to sleep at night!

Why is everything a comparison to Slash for you?

You don't like Slash....does that make you a jealous hater who can't sleep at night? See how silly your argument sounds? Nobody is losing sleep at night because of their like or dislike of a guitar player. What an ignorant thing to say.

But since you can't stop talking about a guy who hasn't been in the band for 16 years, let me ask you a couple of questions.

How many DJ guitar parts has Slash covered?

How many Slash guitar parts has DJ covered?

How many iconic DJ riffs can you name?

How many iconic Slash riffs can you name?

Explain how DJ is more relevant. Because he plays in GnR, covering other guitar player's creations?

If DJ did a solo album, you think he could get any of the guys that played on Slash's solo album?

What is DJ really known for? Played on a hit song for Sixx AM.......helped write a motley crue album.....and is a touring musician with GnR......and he is a 40 year old man who dresses like a 15 year old emo girl, who has - no joke - a business called Ashba Swag. You know who actually usea the word swag? Pirates and middle school kids.

Slash has done more, accomplished more and will be remembered as one of the most ironic guitar players of all time. What will DJ be remembered as? Exactly.

Edited by Groghan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool

LOL at all the jealous haters.

Face it he is more relevant than Slash and they can't stand it. Must be hard to sleep at night!

Why is everything a comparison to Slash for you?

You don't like Slash....does that make you a jealous hater who can't sleep at night? See how silly your argument sounds?

But since you can't stop talking about a guy who hasn't been in the band for 16 years, let me ask you a couple of questions.

How many DJ guitar parts has Slash covered?

How many Slash guitar parts has DJ covered?

How many iconic DJ riffs can you name?

How many iconic Slash riffs can you name?

Explain how DJ is more relevant. Because he plays in GnR, covering other guitar player's creations?

If DJ did a solo album, you think he could get any of the guys that played on Slash's solo album?

What is DJ really known for? Played on a hit song for Sixx AM.......helped write a motley crue album.....and is a touring musician with GnR......and he is a 40 year old man who dresses like a 15 year old emo girl, who has - no joke - a business called Ashba Swag. You know who actually usea the word swag? Pirates and middle school kids.

Slash has done more, accomplished more and will be remembered as one of the most ironic guitar players of all time. What will DJ ne remembered as? Exactly.

I think you are missing the point. Relevancy has nothing directly to do with popularity, and you just seems to try to argue for who is most popular and famous. No one is denying that Slash is more popular and famous and has made more of a mark of himself in the history of music. But still, it could very well be that Dj, as a "young" musician with his best work (hopefully) in front of him, with a personality that might be more fine-tuned to kids of today, with connections to multiple bands and a hunger to prove himself, might be more relevant in today's music scene than an ageing rocker who treads water and seem stuck in an outdated pattern. At least that is how I understand relevancy. All this being said, there isn't much relevant about Dj either :D

dj's a young musician? i thought that dude was in his 40's.

Who said he was young?

SMH again

But still, it could very well be that Dj, as a "young" musician with his best work (hopefully) in front of him

Seriously, both of you couldn't have missed the square quotes? Try enabling your brain the next time you read. And also read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

Edited by SoulMonster

1 commercial = endorsing everything. Brilliant logic.

Well considering that logic is yours, you'll excuse me while I laugh at you. That commercial was an example of Slash endorsing credit cards. Now run along and look up what the word "example" means.

Pretty fucking lame when this silly brand's hired hands are out selling energy drinks.

So it's okay when Slash endorses everything, but not DJ? Riiiiight.

1 commercial = endorsing everything. Brilliant logic.

Well considering that logic is yours, you'll excuse me while I laugh at you. That commercial was an example of Slash endorsing credit cards. Now run along and look up what the word "example" means.

It's bad when you don't even know what you post. One commercial = everything. Brilliant.

All the Dj hate from the internet hardlads here. Show us your online store? Songs sold? Tracks written? Guitar skills which id say are worse than Fink live. A day in his job is only travelling the world with Guns playing in front of 20k plus fans.

And im by no means a big Dj fan but give the lad a break. Id say he has a great laugh lookin at his pay check while you lot worry about paying your internet bill.

He's not Slash, never will be.... But is part new guns and plays a decent show.Fair f@cks I say

It's bad when you don't even know what you post. One commercial = everything. Brilliant.

Dude, no offense, but I think you're just not smart enough to understand figures of speech. You took the word "everything" literally. That means you ain't so bright. No offense.

I never said that commercial represented "everything." That commercial represents one of MANY things Slash has endorsed, and considering it's both an ego massage for him and an endorsement for a credit card, it's pretty sad. I'm sure as the consummate Guns n Roses fan you are, you're aware of all the things Slash has endorsed. But just like some other things in your life, you're probably in denial about that too. Don't make me break out the lame-assed Volkswagon commercial Slash did.

So 2 commercials = everything?

Blah blah blah. I'd like to see this big amount of whoring Slash is claimed to have done. How about just 10% of what Ashba does? And the whole time, while you're rambling on, all you're doing is showing how you have a hate for Slash doing it but a love for Ashba doing it. Brainfart, you're a contortionist for whatever you think Axl would want.

Edited by Rustycage