Why are my threads being moved to the Attitude Section?

Randy Lahey

Why are my threads being moved to the Attitude Section? Both these threads were interesting and thought provoking, and i find it annoying that they've been exiled to the junkyard section to be gnawed upon by cupcake vultures like Popcorn and AxlRose14.

http://www.mygnrforu...d-gnrs-vietnam/

http://www.mygnrforu...h-gary-cherone/

Edited by Randy Lahey

Good question, Randy. I'd also like to know why my Doc Mcghee thread was thrown in the shit-can after 2 days, 7 pages, and 3500 views.

So, let's hear it. Which bitch-ass was responsible and why?

Edited by bringbackadler

Good question, Randy. I'd also like to know why my Doc Mcghee thread was thrown in the shit-can after 2 days, 7 pages, and 3500 views.

Did you supply any kind of credible source? I didn't see one when I first scanned over it; you should be thankful that some "bitch-ass" didn't lock or delete it for you as an alternative.

Randy, I didn't move them so I'll let whoever did move them answer in more detail.

Had you sent one of us a PM instead of making a thread about it (like we keep asking people to do) I or someone else probably would have moved them back for you already though. :shrugs:

Did you supply any kind of credible source? I didn't see one when I first scanned over it; you should be thankful that some "bitch-ass" didn't lock or delete it for you as an alternative.

:shrugs:

HV - Yes, I did provide a source. Re-read the first couple of sentences. That's why I think the decision was bullshit. I provided a source and didn't bash the "band", yet my thread was moved to that fucking shithole that you refer to as " Attitude".

I'm being serious. I want to know which bitch-ass, pussy, fucking mod moved my thread and the reason for it? C'mon, don't be shy now. Wear that bitch badge proudly!

Oh, and while I can't say for certain who it was, let's just say I'd be curious to see if Zint denies it. *middle finger*

Edited by bringbackadler

Randy, I didn't move them so I'll let whoever did move them answer in more detail.

Had you sent one of us a PM instead of making a thread about it (like we keep asking people to do) I or someone else probably would have moved them back for you already though. :shrugs:

My bad. Thanks for telling me that. Could you please move my threads and BBA's thread back now?

Edited by Randy Lahey

HV - Yes, I did provide a source. Re-read the first couple of sentences. That's why I think the decision was bullshit. I provided a source and didn't bash the "band", yet my thread was moved to that fucking shithole that you refer to as " Attitude".

I'm being serious. I want to know which bitch-ass, pussy, fucking mod moved my thread and the reason for it? C'mon, don't be shy. Wear that bitch badge proudly!

A "friend of mine" doesn't count as a source. Feel free to send along some proof of their credentials via PM if you want to back yourself up, big guy. Or did you just want to feel like a big tough man insulting the mods from behind the keyboard... you go girl! ^_^

Sorry Randy, but you made the thread in Support, so you'll have to wait until the mod that moved them reads it and decides whether they want to reconsider their decision.

One more question. If I had messaged you and asked you to move my threads back, would you have told me that I have to figure out which mod had moved them and contact them? Thanks. I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of the appeal process on here.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I'm being serious. I want to know which bitch-ass, pussy, fucking mod moved my thread and the reason for it? C'mon, don't be shy. Wear that bitch badge proudly!

A "friend of mine" doesn't count as a source. Feel free to send along some proof of their credentials via PM if you want to back yourself up, big guy. Or did you just want to feel like a big tough man insulting the mods from behind the keyboard... you go girl! ^_^

Sorry Randy, but you made the thread in Support, so you'll have to wait until the mod that moved them reads it and decides whether they want to reconsider their decision.

A friend of mine who is an E-columist. Exactly what type of credential would you like that is PM-verifiable? I have no issue accomodating, if I know what you're looking for.

As a side note, maybe you should encourage some of your mods to further their education if positional authority and control is what they're after. I'd imagine if they had more of it in their real jobs, they wouldn't feel the need to have so much control over other people's thoughts on a damn fan forum. Just a thought.

Edited by bringbackadler

Speaking for myself here, and I didn't move them either, but we would probably figure out which of us moved them, discuss it, and decide if they would get moved back.

Either PM HV about it to try to look directly into it, or the next mod you feel "closest" with to try to figure out the issue. That goes for most issues.

As for your source BBA, as much as it may or may not be true, it's not a credible source unfortunately. Would you be able to cite that on a research paper? Probably not.

I'm afraid we don't have any Mod "Bitch-badges" though. We are in the process of making ones for our special members though!

A friend of mine who is an E-columist. Exactly what type of credential would you like that is PM-verifiable? I have no issue accomodating, if I know what you're looking for.

As a side note, maybe you should encourage some of your mods to further their education if positional authority and control is what they're after. I'd imagine if they had more of it in their real jobs, they wouldn't feel the need to have so much control over other people's thoughts on a damn fan forum. Just a thought.

You tell me? If you don't have a way of verifying your source either publicly or privately, either don't make the thread at all, or don't complain when it gets moved.

As a side note, maybe you should stop insulting those mods, and they wouldn't feel the need to exercise that "control" over you. What is it you want or even expect exactly? Your sole purpose here seems to be for no further purpose than to lay bait out for people, then sit back and laugh at their responses. Does it surprise you that the mods and owners of the site who put time and money into the place might not enjoy sitting back while you treat it like your own personal trashcan? I've asked you before - at what point does it get boring for you? If you like the old band so much, why not put some time into the Hall of Fame section, or the Steven section and actually focus your energy on something that interests you?

@Randy - exactly what BS said. Shoot ANY mod or admin a PM about your thread in question, they'll raise it privately and reverse the decision where it's appropriate. It's not an "appeal" process, there's no "us vs them" mentality here.

You tell me? If you don't have a way of verifying your source either publicly or privately, either don't make the thread at all, or don't complain when it gets moved.

As a side note, maybe you should stop insulting those mods, and they wouldn't feel the need to exercise that "control" over you. What is it you want or even expect exactly? Your sole purpose here seems to be for no further purpose than to lay bait out for people, then sit back and laugh at their responses. Does it surprise you that the mods and owners of the site who put time and money into the place might not enjoy sitting back while you treat it like your own personal trashcan? I've asked you before - at what point does it get boring for you? If you like the old band so much, why not put some time into the Hall of Fame section, or the Steven section and actually focus your energy on something that interests you?

@Randy - exactly what BS said. Shoot ANY mod or admin a PM about your thread in question, they'll raise it privately and reverse the decision where it's appropriate. It's not an "appeal" process, there's no "us vs them" mentality here.

Do you really think that my sole purpose for being here is to "lay bait and laugh"? Really? Please, HV. You're a smart enough guy that you should know better. If that was my true intention, I would have gotten bored and left a loooong time ago. I thought that the members here might be interested to know something that may not have previously been common knowledge. Instead, my "interesting" topic (as stated by numerous members) was tossed in that shithole that you call 'Attitude' by some bitter mod who obviously lacks authority in his real life. Oh, and then I'm lectured by a 20 year old who works at Best Buy about how he and a few others can discuss whether me and Randy's threads warrant being in a certain section of the forum. Ya kinda see how I might find this a little hard to take seriously? Just a little?

Edited by bringbackadler

Not having read any of those threads I must say I do find that Randy always has a light heart and provides discussion in the main forum, does it get boring? Sure but he always finds a way to promote discussions when there really is fuck all to talk about but the tour that won't end. To move his threads would seem counterproductive to the feel and audience of the forum IMO.

BBA, no secret he is a major cupcake etc etc etc, sometimes he is alright I guess. IMO the attitude section was a way to keep BBA style posters here so they would not spread havoc on the main forum, thus allowing everyone here without the need to ban and wait for his 100+accounts(ok I know thats not accurate) , it has backfired from what I can see and better to be closed and the cupcakes dealt with in a way that the mods see fit to protect the ideals of what you want this forum to be. If a poster cannot or will not fall in line then ban them, it's not like that is unreasonable at all. The alternative is not very fun nor does anything to enhance the forum or it's users IMO. The very fact that BBA is allowed to post that shit about the mods in such a way as this and not have anything done to him further propagates the idea that the mygnrforum can be used as his personal play ground for the lol's.

The mods are doing the best they can given the tools allotted to them, Zint and I don't have a great past but from where I sit looking in him and the other mods are doing fine, I just wish they would do a little more to make this place fun again (fun does not mean cupcakes)

Edited by gunsguy

I don't work at Best Buy anymore, but I appreciate the rouge shout out from someone who's unemployed and ranks so high on the totem pole that they're the friend of an "e-columnist".

As for us deciding where your threads deem fit, well, that's for us to decide and that's why we're mods and you're not.

I don't work at Best Buy anymore, but I appreciate the rouge shout out from someone who's unemployed and ranks so high on the totem pole that they're the friend of an "e-columnist".

As for us deciding where your threads deem fit, well, that's for us to decide and that's why we're mods and you're not.

Facebook-like-button.png

One: I'm not unemployed. Two: Where do you work? Three: LOL at you, regardless of whether or not you are a mod.

The mods are doing the best they can given the tools allotted to them, Zint and I don't have a great past but from where I sit looking in him and the other mods are doing fine, I just wish they would do a little more to make this place fun again (fun does not mean cupcakes)

Fun again? You mean like when you used to have mod powers and you abused the shit out of them daily when someone wasn't sucking the band's ass? That kind of "fun"?

Edited by bringbackadler

My apologies, you weren't unemployed, just a victim of downsizing. Hope things are going better, though.

Also, I'm not 20 - I'm 19 and making nearly $30,000 a year at Comcast. Not bad for my age and especially with no degree. I like to think so, at least.

And appreciate a good laugh, though I'm not sure what you found to be funny. Perhaps I just didn't get it.

One: I'm not unemployed. Two: Where do you work? Three: LOL at you, regardless of whether or not you are a mod.

Fun again? You mean like when you used to have mod powers and you abused the shit out of them daily when someone wasn't sucking the band's ass? That kind of "fun"?

Abused? I let alot fly dude, you were not one of them... Not sure why you are now

My apologies, you weren't unemployed, just a victim of downsizing. Hope things are going better, though.

Also, I'm not 20 - I'm 19 and making nearly $30,000 a year at Comcast. Not bad for my age and especially with no degree. I like to think so, at least.

And appreciate a good laugh, though I'm not sure what you found to be funny. Perhaps I just didn't get it.

You doin fine man, don't get into that personal shit

Things must have changed in your life then, because I remember around half a year ago or so you were. Congrats on getting a job in today's age, it's a tough thing to do.

Eh, fair enough. Congrats and good luck to you on your 30k per year comcast job. You could probably go farther, though.

Do you really think that my sole purpose for being here is to "lay bait and laugh"? Really? Please, HV. You're a smart enough guy that you should know better. If that was my true intention, I would have gotten bored and left a loooong time ago. I thought that the members here might be interested to know something that may not have previously been common knowledge. Instead, my "interesting" topic (as stated by numerous members) was tossed in that shithole that you call 'Attitude' by some bitter mod who obviously lacks authority in his real life. Oh, and then I'm lectured by a 20 year old who works at Best Buy about how he and a few others can discuss whether me and Randy's threads warrant being in a certain section of the forum. Ya kinda see how I might find this a little hard to take seriously? Just a little?

Do I really think that? Yeah, I do. Here's just another example - where in every post in this thread (including this one), you've thrown an insult out, almost as though you're gagging for a reaction from one of us. When has this approach ever gotten anyone anywhere? Can you perhaps see why a mod would see your name next to a thread and make a the decision to move it to Attitude, delete, or lock it with less thought than they would for another member? This is a situation you've created for yourself, yet you still think it's acceptable to come in here and complain, as though the mods should behave like robots with infinite levels of patience for you. Do you see why I struggle to treat anything you say with any degree of sincerity? Maybe just a little?

Really - if you're going to appeal to my intelligence, I suggest you stop treating me like an idiot. We've resisted banning you for the longest time now, and the end result is you insulting members of staff more vigorously than ever. If you'd like to know where the limit of my patience is - you've hit it.

Do I really think that? Yeah, I do. Here's just another example - where in every post in this thread (including this one), you've thrown an insult out, almost as though you're gagging for a reaction from one of us. When has this approach ever gotten anyone anywhere? Can you perhaps see why a mod would see your name next to a thread and make a the decision to move it to Attitude, delete, or lock it with less thought than they would for another member? This is a situation you've created for yourself, yet you still think it's acceptable to come in here and complain, as though the mods should behave like robots with infinite levels of patience for you. Do you see why I struggle to treat anything you say with any degree of sincerity? Maybe just a little?

Really - if you're going to appeal to my intelligence, I suggest you stop treating me like an idiot. We've resisted banning you for the longest time now, and the end result is you insulting members of staff more vigorously than ever. If you'd like to know where the limit of my patience is - you've hit it.

Your accusation in regard to me only being here to cupcake is inaccurate. That's all I can tell you. I disagree with my thread being moved, but my apologies to anyone who I may have insulted.

Happy holidays.

Personally, I enjoy having BBA around. He represents 99% of the general public. Almost all my friends feel the exact same way about New GNR as BBA does. Maybe it's just me, but I think the conflicting points of view is what makes things fun and interesting on here.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Personally, I enjoy having BBA around. He represents 99% of the general public.

No, 99 % of the public aren't pathetic losers who can't get over the fact that their favorite band broke up 20 years ago and are now stuck trolling fan sites out of sheer bitterness and petty. A large part of the public may agree that it was unfortunate what happened, but no fucking way they'd go completely nuts out of resentment and devote their time to trying to ruin fan sites. That's is just plain craziness or a consequence of having an empty life with nothing better to do.

Edited by SoulMonster