Do you think Axl celebrates Kwanzaa?

Vincent Vega

Kwanzaa is a week-long celebration held in the United States (and more recently, Canada) but also celebrated in the Western African Diaspora. The celebration honors African heritage in African-American culture, and is observed from December 26 to January 1, culminating in a feast and gift-giving. Kwanzaa has seven core principles (Nguzo Saba): Unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith. It was created by Maulana Karenga, and was first celebrated in 1966–67.

Kwanzaa celebrates what its founder called the seven principles of Kwanzaa, or Nguzo Saba (originally Nguzu Saba—the seven principles of African Heritage), which Karenga said "is a communitarian African philosophy," consisting of what Karenga called "the best of African thought and practice in constant exchange with the world." These seven principles comprise *Kawaida, a Swahili term for tradition and reason. Each of the seven days of Kwanzaa is dedicated to one of the following principles, as follows:

Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.

Kujichagulia (Self-Determination): To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves stand up.

Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together.

Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.

Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.

Kuumba (Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.

Imani (Faith): To believe with all our hearts in God, our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.

Do you think Axl celebrates Kwanzaa? I think if not Axl, Frank and Pitman probably celebrate Kwanzaa together.

OP is an admitted xenophobe/racist, that's why he made this thread- it's amusing to him on some prejudicial level. Because Kwanzaa is celebrated mostly by black people.

A very small percentage to say the least. I know many black people and not one of them celebrates this holiday.

OP is an admitted xenophobe/racist, that's why he made this thread- it's amusing to him on some prejudicial level. Because Kwanzaa is celebrated mostly by black people.

A very small percentage to say the least. I know many black people and not one of them celebrates this holiday.

Perhaps English is not your native language and so I should've made my post more clear. The word "mostly" is an adverb. It is not interchangeable with the word "most." Kwanzaa is a holiday to celebrate African heritage in African-American culture. Therefore, it is mostly celebrated by black people. I didn't say "it is celebrated by most black people."

Thanks though.

Edited by brainsaber

Perhaps English is not your native language and so I should've made my post more clear. The word "mostly" is an adverb. It is not interchangeable with the word "most." Kwanzaa is a holiday to celebrate African heritage in African-American culture. Therefore, it is mostly celebrated by black people. I didn't say "it is celebrated by most black people."

Thanks though.

Eat a dick

You're Welcome