how many paying members are there in the nighttrain club?

HisRoyalSweetness

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get it. Why on earth would I pay for a forum less good than this one? A few pictures?

Guns n' Roses fans have been through a hard 20 years. It still seems sort of.... a kick in the face to make them pay for some standard stuff any decent band offers their fans for free.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl is going to engage with paradisecity.com presumably in a bid to lure fans from the main forums. The GN'R Twitter referenced how he'd 'watch' the board, like how he privately and obsessively monitored online activity 1999-2005.

paradisecity.com or not, if Axl wants me to pay for being part of an internet community he can suck it. He should be glad he has fans left. I really don't believe in any form of paying membership for a band. I'll just pay for their cd's, dvd's, books and concerts. If he can ever manage to release them. Blugh!

He should be glad that people like Eric, Madison, Jarmo, Subs, Voltage and many others even bother to invest their money and free time in creating a place where people can talk about his band FOR FREE. Not try to steal users from them and make them pay for a few fucking pictures.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I don't think paradisecity is going to be pay for access; it'll be invite only to enable a sizeable community but also create a landscape devoid of the asshats that cupcake here and elsewhere. I think the camp realize the futility of such a concept when there are better free alternatives. Hence paradisecity, which Axl is seemingly going to help launch.

I don't think paradisecity is going to be pay for access; it'll be invite only to enable a sizeable community but also create a landscape devoid of the asshats that cupcake here and elsewhere. I think the camp realize the futility of such a concept when there are better free alternatives. Hence paradisecity, which Axl is seemingly going to help launch.

Which probably means it'll have roughly the same level of "freedom of speech" as HTGTH. At most.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Which probably means it'll have roughly the same level of "freedom of speech" as HTGTH. At most.

By launch I don't mean I suspect Axl will actively involve himself in operating the forum, he'll probably do a 'chat'. I think it'll be pretty liberal, I mean, people are free to express criticisms on Guns' FB. Axl probably now accepts the reality that negativity is a necessary element of life and chooses to be more ignoring of it than allow himself to become eratically angry.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Which still makes me wonder, why not HTGTH or mygnr? Why specifically them? What makes it different?

Both are ran by fans. How can you criticize the band for trying to initiate an official structure for fans to deliberate. It's common of most rock bands. It offers an opportunity for the fans and camp to become closer. Obviously Axl is going to be more amenable to engaging with a forum that isn't succeptible to the brainless insulting haters that dwell here. At the same time he wouldn't want to travel to a forum that would readily offer him sexual favours, Here Today...