Still no smiley's or being able to post photo's or clips ipad

MB.

I still can't post smiley's, photo's or youtube clips from my ipad on the forum.

Why is that? Is it me, am I doing something wrong?

You can post YouTube videos by copying and pasting the link. With photos if you have them saved or on the internet just copy and paste them. I am not sure about the smileys though.

Post the link here and I'll tell you what's going wrong. It probably has m.youtube in front of it (mobile) and the auto-link formatter can't handle those. It needs to be a desktop YouTube link.

Emoticons unfortunately don't work on either version of the mobile skin, but as I've stated before - I'd like to focus on developing an app (or purchasing something ready-made) for the forum in the new year when I return to Australia and this will support emoticons on mobile devices.

Post the link here and I'll tell you what's going wrong. It probably has m.youtube in front of it (mobile) and the auto-link formatter can't handle those. It needs to be a desktop YouTube link.

Emoticons unfortunately don't work on either version of the mobile skin, but as I've stated before - I'd like to focus on developing an app (or purchasing something ready-made) for the forum in the new year when I return to Australia and this will support emoticons on mobile devices.

look into joining tapatalk perhaps it is widely used

That's probably it. I will use my new laptop when I want to post clips or pictures. The app sounds interesting. Thanks for answering.

I forgot to mention, I think you can use smileys if you go to the bottom when you are on the website and click full version. Then it looks as it would if you were on a desktop/laptop.

Unfortunately, the buttons aren't there in the post box even when using the "full version" on the iPad.