This is what Axl is up against !

DownUnderScott

The following is a look at some of the bands that are touring Australia in the next three months. It highlights a very saturated market and I just hope that these GnR Australian show dates actually get officially announced soon, that the tickets go on sale very soon, and that Axl and the rest of the boys do some promoting of these shows. Otherwise I am concerned that these GnR shows will have very poor attendances and be considered a failure :

So Here goes -

In January & February touring Australia are the following bands:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Killers, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, The Chemical Brothers, Weezer, Keith Urban, Elvis Costello, Ringo Star, Carole King, Norah Jones. Neil Finn and Paul Kelly, My Bloody Valentine, Deep Purple, Linkin Park, Blink 182 and many others... !

In March just in my home city of Brisbane there are the following acts:

Kiss and Motley Crue, Thin Lizzy, The Stone Roses, Prodigy, Temper Trap, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Ronan Keating, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Santana and the Steve Miller Band, Dinosaur Jr and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band, as well as many others... !!!

In April there's more bands, including Black Sabbath ! It's ridiculously busy with artists touring.

Is it like this in your Country ???

Guns N Roses have not, as far as I am aware, officially announced this Aus tour or have tickets on sale.

Also I have seen and abundance of promotion in Newspapers, with the artists themselves on Aussie T.V talk shows etc... and heard others being interviewed on radio stations.

In some cases there are shows booked very close either side of GnR's proposed dates - e.g I think Kiss and Motley Crue are performing 2 nights at the Sydney venue where Guns are supposed to be playing like a day or two later.

Many people would have allready bought tickets for these countless other shows.

I reckon this could be the worst attended GnR shows in their history of touring Oz. :(

The following is a look at some of the bands that are touring Australia in the next three months. It highlights a very saturated market and I just hope that these GnR Australian show dates actually get officially announced soon, that the tickets go on sale very soon, and that Axl and the rest of the boys do some promoting of these shows. Otherwise I am concerned that these GnR shows will have very poor attendances and be considered a failure :

So Here goes -

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Killers, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, The Chemical Brothers, Weezer, Keith Urban, Elvis Costello, Ringo Star, Carole King, Norah Jones. Neil Finn and Paul Kelly, My Bloody Valentine, Deep Purple, Linkin Park, Blink 182 and many others... !

Kiss and Motley Crue, Thin Lizzy, The Stone Roses, Prodigy, Temper Trap, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Ronan Keating, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Santana and the Steve Miller Band, Dinosaur Jr and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band, as well as many others... !!!

In April there's more bands, including Black Sabbath ! It's ridiculously busy with artists touring.

Guns N Roses have not, as far as I am aware, officially announced this Aus tour or have tickets on sale.

Also I have seen and abundance of promotion in Newspapers, with the artists themselves on Aussie T.V talk shows etc... and heard others being interviewed on radio stations.

In some cases there are shows booked very close either side of GnR's proposed dates - e.g I think Kiss and Motley Crue are performing 2 nights at the Sydney venue where Guns are supposed to be playing like a day or two later.

I reckon this could be the worst attended GnR shows in their history of touring Oz. :(

don't be concerned, gnr will do very well here, only 1 show each state apart from nsw , however some are weekdays which is a slight concern

Edited by Gunns

This is a most definite concern IMO. Shows are scheduled for March. It's January now. 2 months away and not even a confirmation or solid announcement. This doesn't seem right to me.

I already have tickets to the following:

Bat For Lashes in Feb

The Stone Roses/Prodigy in March

Iggy and the Stooges in March

Neil Young with Crazy Horse in March

Public Image Ltd in April.

Of course if GNR do come I will go but to most people who have already bought other shows, unless they are pretty hardcore fans, the late announcement (if it ever comes!) is a worry.

This is a most definite concern IMO. Shows are scheduled for March. It's January now. 2 months away and not even a confirmation or solid announcement. This doesn't seem right to me.

I already have tickets to the following:

Bat For Lashes in Feb

The Stone Roses/Prodigy in March

Iggy and the Stooges in March

Neil Young with Crazy Horse in March

Public Image Ltd in April.

Of course if GNR do come I will go but to most people who have already bought other shows, unless they are pretty hardcore fans, the late announcement (if it ever comes!) is a worry.

My thoughts exactly ! It's around 8 weeks until they are supposedly playing gigs here in Australia and still no official word of it being for real.

I understand they have had a full-on year, and busy end to 2012 and they are all enjoying a big break over the Christmas holidays but I think Promoters of this tour should be getting a move on. For many of the other bands and artists touring Oz in the next few months I have seen T.V interviews, heard the artists talking on major radio stations, seen T.V ads for the actual shows but for Guns - Nothing !

I reckon an Australian winter tour would be more sensible as that would give people a chance to organise themselves, save money for tickets etc... but hey if they come in March I hope to be ready for it :)

zztop and the angels should help pull the crowd in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue87tZUamiI

fakeGNR suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I went to Townsville and the concert was pretty awesome the townsville people were never going to like anyone except the original band

Most people who went were korn fans and the townsville people were angry before they even hit the stage at 9pm

zztop and the angels should help pull the crowd in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue87tZUamiI

fakeGNR suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I went to Townsville and the concert was pretty awesome the townsville people were never going to like anyone except the original band

Most people who went were korn fans and the townsville people were angry before they even hit the stage at 9pm

So... these people complained that the band was 'miming' - AND that it was bad? With people who are lip singing it sounds flawless, because it is a recording.

They seemed mostly pissed that the band made them wait, oh well, like i've said before, it's a rock n roll show. People shouldn't go to a rock concert and expect to be home sleeping and ready for work the next day by 9...if you are, you didn't do it right!!

http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=ZXONcr7CEdY

Many people worldwide have similar feelings. What a joke...

It must really bother you they're able to keep touring. Ahahaha! Despite your sincerest efforts, people keep going to the shows. Ohhh, so sorry!

But hey, you're doing a bang-up job being the true superfan who keeps us deluded gushers in tune with what the "world" is thinking. :jerkoff:

actually this is a great description of what you actually are brainfart.

okay, two videos= few people = MAAANY people worldwide

better? how many people did not complain? must be billions of people then :lol:

Sorry but this kind of inductive logic is really idiotic. Can't argue with it.

Edited by izzydoezit

two videos=many people worldwide

In those two videos there are many many people complaining, didn't you watch them? And of course there are many more incidents with pissed off fans besides those two.

Well we're all real glad you've taken it upon yourself to give all those complaining fans a voice on the internet. lol

So Here goes -

Some good shows awaiting for the Aussie friends.

In those two videos there are many many people complaining, didn't you watch them? And of course there are many more incidents with pissed off fans besides those two.

Well we're all real glad you've taken it upon yourself to give all those complaining fans a voice on the internet. lol

Why are these people even here? I cannot understand it. Why don't they go home and wait it out for a mythical reunion?

Why are these people even here? I cannot understand it. Why don't they go home and wait it out for a mythical reunion?

Because apparently we're the crazy ones for actually hearing Axl and understanding his point of view.

"Not in this lifetime." Maybe I'm just gullible, but I believed Axl when he said that. There's a scene from the movie White Men Can't Jump. And in the scene, Wesley Snipes tells Woody Harrelson "Oh you can listen to Jimi, but you can't heeeear Jimi." I think this phrase could be modified and applied to our friend izzydoezit here:

"Oh you can listen to Axl, but you can't hear Axl."

Because apparently we're the crazy ones for actually hearing Axl and understanding his point of view.

"Not in this lifetime." Maybe I'm just gullible, but I believed Axl when he said that. There's a scene from the movie White Men Can't Jump. And in the scene, Wesley Snipes tells Woody Harrelson "Oh you can listen to Jimi, but you can't heeeear Jimi." I think this phrase could be modified and applied to our friend izzydoezit here:

"Oh you can listen to Axl, but you can't hear Axl."

MAY THE FORCE ALWAYS BE WITH YOU.