CD II situation not optimal in my opinion...

Young_Gun

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a weak attempt to demean and downplay Slash but the reality is, Slash owned a piece of the Gn'R name, that's why Axl had to ask for it. When Axl wanted to "hire" Slash for his version of Gn'R, Slash quit and that's why Axl has been crying about his departure for 16 years.

Pitoloco and his alternative reality.. :rofl-lol:

What isn't true about what he said?

That's a weak attempt to demean and downplay Slash but the reality is, Slash owned a piece of the Gn'R name, that's why Axl had to ask for it. When Axl wanted to "hire" Slash for his version of Gn'R, Slash quit and that's why Axl has been crying about his departure for 16 years.

Pitoloco and his alternative reality.. :rofl-lol:

What isn't true about what he said?

yes, what?

Axl possessed no extra legal authority over 'Guns N' Roses' until Sept 1992 and this wasn't put in place until Dec 1995. Technically, until Dec 1995, GN'R still consisted of a partnership between Axl, Slash and Duff. The only period when Slash could be regarded as an 'employee of Axl' is, from late- summer 1996 until October 1996 when Slash finally quit GN'R; during this period, Slash, having become a contracted player, tried to make the Complex sessions work.

This is all fact but Axlites are not very interested in facts.

Man, I really can't be bothered reading 4 pages of bitching and/or whining about.....whatever.

The funny thing in all this is the talk of labels. Like they really matter anymore.

When Axl wants to release something, he will and he can because of the internets.

Not because some label exec sees fit etc. It'll happen when it happens.

PEACE!

Okay, maybe I haven't being paying much attention, but has there it ever been confirmed that there is a CD 2?

I mean has there been a time when Axl has said there are other songs I have written, but not recorded and don't intend on recording?

I know some people have mentioned it and then some of you go on and on about a CD 2, but was it ever validated by Axl? I think since he's been the one guy working on this stuff, I would think he would have the correct answer.

Also, has other current band members stated that they are writing with Axl and plan to record a new album someday?

I'm just tired of hearing alot of you complain about no new music.

I mean I'm sure fans of Poison, Metallica and Fleetwood Mac to name a few are also complaining about no new music, but I bet they don't just blame one man or one member.

It just seems that it's always Axl getting the heat. yeah, it's true he is the "man" in GNR, but maybe this new GNR are actually talking together about new music and Axl just doesn't want to discuss it right now.

Whatever the reason, all the complaining it's going to change Axl's mind about new music.

He seems to be having fun touring the world and getting great response from his fans, so it's all good by him right now.

I guess time will tell or not, but whatever, be happy for all the amazing fuckin songs that Axl and company get to sing live for all us fans to enjoy. I know the 2 times I've seen them I've had the best time! One of my all time best concerts I've ever seen and I've seen Led Zepplin, the Who, Rod Stewart, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Rush and many more bands since the 70's, so GNR is right up there or maybe even above some of these bands.

Sometimes we have to be happy just to have them for a short time because life is very short and bitching about things you cannot change is a waste of your fuckin time.

Nufans think GNR was always like this(the Axl Rose show). It wouldn't surprise me if they thought that real GNR were all Axl employees.

?The old band should have known they were his employees. Why else sign the name over?

Now think of a rational response before just calling me an axl fan...cuz i hate dj slashba

They signed it (mistakenly) because they were sensible enough not to consider reasonable to have a band named GNR without themselves. It was only reasonable and time proved they were right. There is no GNR without them and still 20 years after to the public eye, GNR is Axl and Slash, and for some people Duff too. The mistake they did was more of a financial mistake. In essence they were totally justified. Axl created a band of hired hands that has failed to properly replace the old band in the minds of people as Guns N' Roses.

Edited by izzydoezit

Exhibit A

lmao well u proved my point..your opinion is worthless. You failed to simply answer a question that has been answered as often as "name the nastiest thing Slash said about Axl" thread...

Jesus christ, he made you wait 2 hours at a show, get over it old man

They signed it (mistakenly) because they were sensible enough not to consider reasonable to have a band named GNR without themselves. It was only reasonable and time proved they were right. There is no GNR without them and still 20 years after to the public eye, GNR is Axl and Slash, and for some people Duff too. The mistake they did was more of a financial mistake. In essence they were totally justified. Axl created a band of hired hands that has failed to properly replace the old band in the minds of people as Guns N' Roses.

And yet you still come here and have hundreds of posts in the Discussion & News section. Maybe it's time for you to... move on. You just repeat yourself over and over.

Say, why don't you post as much in the original guns section? Seems like you're just butthurt Axl has the name and so you obsessively post in this section, even though you don't "approve" of current Guns. Why is that?

Edited by brainsaber

Finally, someone who actually has testicles to respond. Rustys vag must have hit that time of the month today..

I understand, but that's their own fault. Axl also wasn't sensible enough to listen to lawyers and buy the name, which he just shouldn't have. Duff blamed the breakup on lawyers for a reason. GNR was fine when they had buckethead, there's no way to duplicate what the original lineup did in the 1980's, which was an era that is thankfully dead.

At least Duff's FINALLY good with finances these days...Drugs are not an excuse, and that's why part of the blame goes to guys like Slash and Duff for why we fans have to put up with Axls bullshit. Never releasing new material, still being late, never getting updates or a new sign of anything exciting to come..It goes both ways.

And we're sure they sold the rights in 1992 right? Vh1 said Axl bought the name from slash, izzy, and duff together before they hit the UYI tour. Axl, Slash, and Duff all have different dates. Those guys don't even know when they signed the rights over. Point is, it goes both ways. If I'm gonna get pissed at Axl, it's at least gonna be justified.

I'm sorry bro but that's reality..that's the business world. Idk they teach you in college to read the fine print before signing shit but imo you should know that in general...

Edited by AxlRose14

Exhibit A

lmao well u proved my point..your opinion is worthless. You failed to simply answer a question that has been answered as often as "name the nastiest thing Slash said about Axl" thread...

Jesus christ, he made you wait 2 hours at a show, get over it old man

What?

Nufans think GNR was always like this(the Axl Rose show). It wouldn't surprise me if they thought that real GNR were all Axl employees.

?The old band should have known they were his employees. Why else sign the name over?

Now think of a rational response before just calling me an axl fan...cuz i hate dj slashba

Wow. Linear thinking at its worst.

Wow. Axl may have a bigger cock than I, but my mommy told me when I grow up I'll be cute like you AR14

Thanks sweetie :)

Technically, Axl, Slash and Duff were partners until 30 December 1995, when Axl invoked the Recording Agreement of September 1992. Legally, the partnership ended on this date. Following this date, Axl formed a new band called 'Guns N' Roses' with himself in control.

There is much more to the story than that.

Like James Hetfield can't just quit Metallica and start a new band called Metallica.

He can if Lars, Kirk and Rob signed over the name and then they all quit the band though... In essence he would be the only share holder exactly like Axl is now. Metallica was founded by Lars actually, he put the ad in the paper and recruited James but I'm pretty sure they are equal partners in the band. Kirk's place is a little ambiguous because he was not a founding member but played on their first official record. I think the business decisions are all Lars and to lesser extent James.

You are an idiot. Izzy, Slash, Duff and Adler never started off as employees or hired hands for Guns N' Roses. It started off as an organic band, unlike recent incarnations of the band in which they do not even see Axl outside of touring and have no clue about what is going on internally in the band business wise.

Edited by Young_Gun

Most big bands sign contracts its not an abnormal thing. The legal stuff involved is not minimal.

Axl seemed to wise up before the other guys. But right now Duff and Slash seem more business savvy than Axl. Its just a band name, its almost a sentimental naive notion that it matters.