GN'R Guitarists and Gangnam Style

Tyler Drama

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate those 80's songs lyrics as well, but they at least had someone serious playing music. No, it's not about instrument, but that stupid dance and the song melody behind it all that made me think: mainstream music listeners dont give a fuck about musicality. They want to be entertained and if that comes from a retard riding an imaginary horse with some random beats behind it all, so be it.

Because to some people, music is something to dance to. They don't care about songs that make them think or songs that have a gorgeous guitar solo. They care about songs that move them... literally. It's not a bad way of looking at music; it's just a different way.

Bumblefoot, is smart. He doesn't play stupid songs from some foreign asshole that just sings a bunch of shit. Buckethead, I have no explanation for. Just stupid. The song is annoying as hell, is way overplayed, and not worth the time of day.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Foreign Asshole? Sings a bunch of bullshit? Do you even know wtf he's singing? I love BBF but Buckethead's having fun. He wins.

I have lots of respect for Buckethead, just what he did is stupid. Do you know also what PSY did besides contaminate everyone with his song? What brainsaber said... "I encourage you all to research Psy and see what a poor excuse for a human being he is. The shit he said/sang about American soldiers was just plain wrong, and he should be raked over the coals for it. I don't give a shit if he apologized, some things you just can't take back. To add insult to injury, he is conveniently ignorant of history and who, exactly, sacrificed their lives for his fucking country."

I hate those 80's songs lyrics as well, but they at least had someone serious playing music. No, it's not about instrument, but that stupid dance and the song melody behind it all that made me think: mainstream music listeners dont give a fuck about musicality. They want to be entertained and if that comes from a retard riding an imaginary horse with some random beats behind it all, so be it.

Because to some people, music is something to dance to. They don't care about songs that make them think or songs that have a gorgeous guitar solo. They care about songs that move them... literally. It's not a bad way of looking at music; it's just a different way.

It's like giving a lot of money to a painter that sucks. Sure, some people may like the final result of the paints, but in the end he still sucks and there will be no room for real painters. Partially because of these folks the music industry sucks right now and we will not see another Zep or Beatles again. There's almost no room for good music on the mainstream scene. Several top 30 videoclips are just stupid men fucking bitches, there's no message or meaning behind them. I just happen to hate all of that. I'm not saying that they should listen to a certain genre - but they should simply stop listening to what MTV or YouTube tells them to listen to. I know countless people like that, sadly. I'm not talking about music or art only - these people just go through the motions and follow what's cool out there, and that makes them uncool to me.

I encourage you all to research Psy and see what a poor excuse for a human being he is. The shit he said/sang about American soldiers was just plain wrong, and he should be raked over the coals for it.

Finding out that brainsaber and lolcano are both FOX News worshiping conservatives is the most hilarious revelation to come out of the past year on this board.

EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW

I encourage you all to research Psy and see what a poor excuse for a human being he is. The shit he said/sang about American soldiers was just plain wrong, and he should be raked over the coals for it. I don't give a shit if he apologized, some things you just can't take back. To add insult to injury, he is conveniently ignorant of history and who, exactly, sacrificed their lives for his fucking country.

CNN was able to translate the lyrics as saying," Kill those f--ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives and those who ordered them to torture," and going on to say, "Kill them all slowly and painfully," as well as "daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers."

PSY apologizes for viral anti-American lyrics

So I'm glad Bumblefoot didn't play that stupid song. Plus Psy's 15 minutes ended when 2012 ended. Buh bye.

I never understood the gangnam style phenomenon. A chubby metrosexual korean man who can't dance singing a song which isn't even that catchy.

Well yeah, you're old. You don't know shit

I encourage you all to research Psy and see what a poor excuse for a human being he is. The shit he said/sang about American soldiers was just plain wrong, and he should be raked over the coals for it.

Finding out that brainsaber and lolcano are both FOX News worshiping conservatives is the most hilarious revelation to come out of the past year on this board.

Agreed. Fox News is a joke, and anyone who watches them.

I don't get the hate for Gangnam Style. I keep asking some rock fans, and they can never respond without being hypocritical.

Cool to see Bucket having fun. Bumble probably just thought he was getting trolled.

/Thread

It'd be nice if we had intelligent honest responses like this. Ya'll may hate gangnam style, but it's a fad. No different than hair metal in the 1980's. No one has a clue what psy says other than heeeeeeeyyyyyyyy, sexy lady, but it's a catchy tune we can all dance to! That's all it is...

Even without a guitar, Buckethead is about a thousand times more entertaining to watch than Bumblefoot.

Exactly. Bucket owns. He's beyond amazing, hell, he's out of this world! The talent is ridiculous.

Bumblefoot is talented in his own right, but hey, if buckets dancing to gangnam style, it's good enough for me. After all he had the balls to walk out on Axl for not making progress and releasing new music.

Gotta hate a guy for that...Wanting his band to release new music.

I was just making sure everyone didn't think it was the Gangman Style lyrics :lol: My bad man!

Oh okay. You're right- in my post I didn't make it clear and I see that now. That's my fault and I actually appreciate now that you made the distinction. My bad.

You should hate psy. He's made more money than u will ever make in ur life off of shit. Word life, it's basic thuganomics!

Foreign asshole? Racist much? Or just close-minded?

Both. Fits right into some stereotypes I know as well.

Sorry guys, It's just I don't appreciate what he did as a person in the past. I'm also not a fan of his music, but mostly because of what he did as I explained as did brainsaber on the other page.

Fox news has nothing to do with it, you retard. I posted a link to CNN. Or do you know how to read?

I was just making sure everyone didn't think it was the Gangman Style lyrics :lol: My bad man!

Oh okay. You're right- in my post I didn't make it clear and I see that now. That's my fault and I actually appreciate now that you made the distinction. My bad.

You should hate psy. He's made more money than u will ever make in ur life off of shit. Word life, it's basic thuganomics!

Quite frankly, you're a moron and I just logged in and saw you've quoted my 8 times. Please stop fixating on me.