Do you think 2013 will be the year that CD II is updated to "hair's breadth away" status or is it still at the dive in and find the monkey stage?

Randy Lahey

I don't know if this is on topic or off topic. But I just saw Bumblefoot LIKING a fan's whatchamacallit (I really don't know what you call it.. status? post?) "We want a new GNR album" on paradisecity.com.

Could be a sign that we can be hopeful this year? :xmasssanta:

Don't see it happening. I think that as long as the current show continues to pay all those involved well enough there is little chance fans will hear new music.

I do find it funny that people around here think there's a huge public demand for new GNR music. Such demand is often over-exaggerated. For a band like GNR, fortune is found in the past, not the future.

Thanks for saving me the time. It's just the reality of it all that people refuse to accept. Nobody cares about nu guns when it comes to new music. All they want is to pay for Axl to sing the hits.

Axl probably doesn't want to deal with further public humiliation if the general public rejects the nu material again. He just wants to cash in on what he accomplished yesteryear surrounded by yes-men.

Anybody hoping for either a reunion or a new nu album at this point are clearly delusional. As sad as it is for both sides of the fence (or whatever you wanna call it), both of those ships have sailed.

I don't really care for cd leftovers. I want something new. Doesn't feel to me that Axl was at his best during those times.

I think 2013 could bring something. Feels really weird to tour all these places a third time with the same album and I think somebody will quit unless they release something.