Axl Rose and Tom Petty

jman2000

Possibly, but I actually think Axl has settled down a bit in his 'older' age. He's not as late as he used to be and persists in performing regardless of the conditions. I don't know whether it's got something to do with professionalism or his wanting GNR to have some longevity but he seems to be a lot more co-operative now than he used to be. I think his 'diva' days are a thing of the past.

Possibly, but I actually think Axl has settled down a bit in his 'older' age. He's not as late as he used to be and persists in performing regardless of the conditions. I don't know whether it's got something to do with professionalism or his wanting GNR to have some longevity but he seems to be a lot more co-operative now than he used to be. I think his 'diva' days are a thing of the past.

Lol fucking no.

LOL all you like but I think Axl is very aware that GNR are not the biggest thing in music anymore. I think he knows that if wants to continue the GNR legacy and bring in the pay checks he has to be a lot more professional than he used to be.

I think Axl can basically do whatever he wants and if he does some very basic things, he's all over the place again. Axl and Izzy could restore good music. Everything else out there, frankly, sucks.

Anyway, great vid I hadn't seen in a while. Axl does so good at Rock n Roll, haha. Yet he told Slash that he didnt wanna make music like that anymore. Then he did Chi Dem. Now he's been touring it forever, and yet he does a lot of Rock n Roll covers to get pumped up. Remember Riff Raff? Nobody really even wanted to hear that song but he did it early in the set to get himself pumped. Rosie, Nice Boys, Seeker. It just seems to me that Axl should strip things down, hang out with Izzy and make some fucking classic RnR.

Hell, do an acoustic covers album. Izzy on guitar, vocals. Axl on vocals, tambourine, shakers, lil piano maybe.

Edited by Eu4ic

A little irrelevant, but it's videos like this that make me think Axl would've done better to just have gone "solo" after the breakup. He has/had enough talent and presence to go without the GNR label.

Also, this is my favorite Axl duet/cameo/whateveryouwannacallit

Exactly, he seems to be stuck on the GNR name even though the name "Axl" is pretty well equally branded.

Yeah, I remember that performance. That was when MTV actually played ROCK videos!

Good memories of GNR back in the day.

LOL. When MTV actually played music in general. Now if you see a few music videos every hour or so your lucky.

Eh! MTV still plays music... but it's more "subtle" nowadays. For example, when the guys of Jersey Shore are at the disco. It sounds music. :shrugs::drevil:

I'm not sure the Axl name could draw such crowds. He definately would not be headlining festivals and he definaetly wouldn't have sold more than 500K with CD.

If Axl had gone down a path like Maynard James Keenan and did a thousand different projects, it might have worked, but he came up with band names instead of going under his own name. Solo albums are risky - you know what happened when KISS tried it.

The "Axl Rose" name would be enough to draw attention to a solo album - even Slash is popular enough to fill small arenas under his own name...

Slash as a brand name is WAY more popular than Axl Rose. The guy has worked very hard for that.

Yes, and Axl has earned a bad reputation with the public, even though he really isn't bad. Most people think Axl kicked everyone out of the band, yet it was the exact opposite.

He completely owns Petty here. No disrespect. But anyone up on that stage was a goner with Axl in his prime.

yeah, Petty loosing big time there. though Springsteen did own Axl on HOF 1994, but 1994 wasnt his prime anmyore, so you're right ;)

He completely owns Petty here. No disrespect. But anyone up on that stage was a goner with Axl in his prime.

yeah, Petty loosing big time there. though Springsteen did own Axl on HOF 1994, but 1994 wasnt his prime anmyore, so you're right ;)

All true. But I did see Tom Petty live last year, and if I'm absolutely honest Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers 2012 blows away Guns n' Roses 2012.