What is your favourite bootleg from 1985-2012

bionic56

I have always wondered this, as it's never talked about here. Seems Mgnr fans would rather bash and make up shit here daily, rather than talk Guns n' Roses 1985-2012, sad really ! Maybe i'm the sad one that is obsessed with gnr bootlegs, but what is your favourite concert you have ?????? And are you guys still downloading their shows or even bothered ? I am stupidly sad and have 557 shows in my collection.

My favourites

1991 globen, wembley

1992 paris and buenos aires

1993 none hated gnr that year too much accoustic, november rain sucked this year so gay prefered pearl jam and metallica

2001 las vegas, rock in rio

2002 ohio

2006 rock in lisboa audience recording, rocskilde, budapest,

2007 monitor nix nippon

2009 tokyo audience and monitor mix

2010 buenos aires, rose bar, o2 london

2011 rock in rio, la forum, buenos aires

2012 webster hall, las vegas 9 nov, tokyo, indonesia, london o2 1 june, paris, strasbourg.

Edited by bionic56

Well, I have downloaded the all in one torrents (1986, 1987, 1991, 2001, 2009, 2010) and have some shows from the other years so it's difficult to do a list of my favorite ones, but I'd go with:

1987:

1991:

2001:

2002:

2006:

2009:

2010:

- 13 or 14.10 (don't remember which of these shows I like better)

Edited by Rafał

Most of the ones I like are compilations... or is this just live? If it were live I would have to say I like the Parental Advisory Explicit Content... I believe it was from 1987 and in Madison Wisconsin. (I am from Wisconsin so that is partially why), and I can't check the exact date because I am not home at the moment. My favorite compilation I can't even choose. I like Hairspray Heroes, The Hell Revisited, UYI Outtakes and many more. I also like a lot of the '86 and '87 shows. Even thought they were only playing Appetite songs, they still sounded great. By the way I love bootleg albums and to tell you the truth some I think should be officially released LOL. :headbang: Think about the sales the record company would get by selling some of these? Unfortunately I know that no one in the band would approve of them. :tongue2:

By the way, I cant get most of those downloads on the gnrbootlegs facebook page to work. All the fileserve ones don't work for more (or at least most of them from I remember). And i'll have to check those torrents out thanks man!

Most of the ones I like are compilations... or is this just live? If it were live I would have to say I like the Parental Advisory Explicit Content... I believe it was from 1987 and in Madison Wisconsin. (I am from Wisconsin so that is partially why), and I can't check the exact date because I am not home at the moment. My favorite compilation I can't even choose. I like Hairspray Heroes, The Hell Revisited, UYI Outtakes and many more. I also like a lot of the '86 and '87 shows. Even thought they were only playing Appetite songs, they still sounded great. By the way I love bootleg albums and to tell you the truth some I think should be officially released LOL. :headbang: Think about the sales the record company would get by selling some of these? Unfortunately I know that no one in the band would approve of them. :tongue2:

By the way, I cant get most of those downloads on the gnrbootlegs facebook page to work. All the fileserve ones don't work for more (or at least most of them from I remember). And i'll have to check those torrents out thanks man!

No any download i'm interested to see what is being downloaded. Yes they would make a killing if they released some shows in sound board quality, just a shame it's not gonna happen. btw Eteban has started to use mediafire now, so work's a treat.

'93, Argentina. Last show of the band. The acoustic/electric trade-off was tops.

'01, First Show in Vegas. Probably the best Nü GN'R show they pulled off. Axl sounded crisp, band was tight. "Riad" had that crazy, noise solo.

thanks!

are bootlegs legal btw? is it ok to download?

Considering that the recordings are not being officially sold, therefore the band doesn't lose anything when people share them for free, so I guess yes. Also, it's ok to share them in the download sections both here and at HTGTH, so I guess no further confirmation is needed.

I'm sorry, what was that first part about "No any download i'm interested to see what is being downloaded?". And he's using mediafire!? Great! That means no more dead links now for a bit at least. I would love to hear shows in soundboard, it would be amazing. I know some shows have been leaked/bootlegged already but official would still be awesome.

'93, Argentina. Last show of the band. The acoustic/electric trade-off was tops.

'01, First Show in Vegas. Probably the best Nü GN'R show they pulled off. Axl sounded crisp, band was tight. "Riad" had that crazy, noise solo.

oh yes have to admit buenos aires 93 were great shows, slash sounds amazing playing live and let die.

I'm sorry, what was that first part about "No any download i'm interested to see what is being downloaded?". And he's using mediafire!? Great! That means no more dead links now for a bit at least. I would love to hear shows in soundboard, it would be amazing. I know some shows have been leaked/bootlegged already but official would still be awesome.

Sorry it's my typing being dumb, i meant i'm just interested really to see if people are bothered about bootlegs any longer as the audio section is dead, and has been for years.

And esteban has a site? It's not the gnrbootlegs blog spot is it? Or is it the facebook gnr bootlegs?

he used to, but the facebook page is where he posts now, he is the master.

has anyone got a link to london o2 1st june 2012 ?

http://www.gunsnroses.us/tracker/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=506f9fd80755fc459c92b15f30bef1124bba8b65

Sorry it's my typing being dumb, i meant i'm just interested really to see if people are bothered about bootlegs any longer as the audio section is dead, and has been for years.

And esteban has a site? It's not the gnrbootlegs blog spot is it? Or is it the facebook gnr bootlegs?

I like any years of GNR also. I also like a lot of the other solo stuff members did, and Hollywood Rose and Rapidfire. I'm a huge Hollywood Rose fan. Does Esteban post any Hollywood Rose?

I like any years of GNR also. I also like a lot of the other solo stuff members did, and Hollywood Rose and Rapidfire. I'm a huge Hollywood Rose fan. Does Esteban post any Hollywood Rose?

Not that i have noticed mate, message him, maybe he will help.

I wish there was a soundboard from 2010.

On topic, I like Paris 92, RAR 2006 and LA 2011

Agreed on 2010, London 2010 would sond amazing Soundboard, although rosebar is a pretty damn fine recording.

Bases on videos from YouTube, not actual "bootlegs"

RIR 2001

Toronto 2010

Rose Bar sessions 2010

Romania 2010

Chile 2011 (complete 180 from the Rio show)

Philly 2012

Tokyo 2012 (the few songs I heard were great)

Honestly Tokyo is easily the best he sounded all year, listened to the show 6 times or so already, he even nailed You could be mine.

Paris 1992

Rio 2001

Boston 2002

Rock AM 2006

Inland Invasion 2006 (one of my absolute favorite shows)

Tokyo 2009

The Forum 2011

Las Vegas 2011

GNR at the Ritz 2012

Ozzy Boneyard Sirius 2012

Jeez forgot about Inland Invasion 2006, one of my favourites too.