What is your favourite bootleg from 1985-2012

bionic56

Too many

Let's start:

1986: The Roxy 01.18 (the sound quality is shit though), Music Machine

1987: so many maybe the show from the paradiso, 12.30 Pasadena, Marquee 06.28

1988: Ritz, Tokyo 12.07, oh fuck, too many

1990: Farm Aid

1991: RIR, Longest GNR show: Inglewood, Noblesville 05.29,Last show with Izzy 08.31, 12.13 MSG,

1992: Paris, Oklahoma, Chicago, Tokyo, Turin, too many

1993: Hartford, last 2 shows 07.16., 07.17.

2001: 1st NuGNR show

2002: Boston 12.02, Leeds (shit sound quality), few others

2006: Rock Am Ring 06.02 (one of my fav from the Nu era), 05. 31 Budapest (my first GNR show, lol), NYC shows, London etc., Inland Invasion

2007: few shows

2009. Tokyo (longest NuGNR show)

2010: London 02 10.14 (my absolute fav, from the Nu era), few others

2011: not a good year, just a few tracks

2012: Philly, House of Blues 2012 LA

I am lucky in that the two 1987 NYC shows I attended have excellent audience recordings The 87 Ritz and 87 L'Amours shows

I also love the 87 Marquee club London shows, 87 Perkin Palace shows and the 88 Nakano Sun Plaza, Japan show which is an excellent SB..........

Love a lot of the 87 shows as the band was still hungry, Axl's vocals were consistently very good for the most part, and there are a lot of VG-EX recordings to pick from................

Edited by classicrawker

thanks!

are bootlegs legal btw? is it ok to download?

No, not legal because the songs are still owned/controlled/copyrighted, but as long as it's a fan driven thing, seems to be fine. I think once the Live collection was out there, it became even less of an issue, but people would love for the stuff sitting in the vaults to be out there for the fans. That should be part of a fan club perk IMO.

I am lucky in that the two 1987 NYC shows I attended have excellent audience recordings The 87 Ritz and 87 L'Amours shows

I also love the 87 Marquee club London shows, 87 Perkin Palace shows and the 88 Nakano Sun Plaza, Japan show which is an excellent SB..........

Love a lot of the 87 shows as the band was still hungry, Axl's vocals were consistently very good for the most part, and there are a lot of VG-EX recordings to pick from................

I've always wanted to hear the Bay Shore (Sundance) show.

Honestly Tokyo is easily the best he sounded all year, listened to the show 6 times or so already, he even nailed You could be mine.

You have the whole Tokyo 2012 show? Come on man....share that shit!

Oh man it was made available the day after..........

http://www.facebook.com/gnrbootlegs/notes#!/notes/guns-n-roses-bootlegs/new-mp3-vbr-guns-n-roses-appetite-for-democracy-tour-asian-leg-zepp-tokyo-tokyo-/555286671168036 here ya go man !

Honestly Tokyo is easily the best he sounded all year, listened to the show 6 times or so already, he even nailed You could be mine.

http://www.facebook....671168036 here ya go man !

We mean the monitor mix - that's an audience recording.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

All of the recordings from 1986/1987 that actually have listenable sound quality are all top notch performance wise. I have yet to hear a bad performance from that era, only bad quality recordings. I also quite enjoy the 1988 Felt Forum show, one of my favorite GNR performances of all time.

Other than that Paris 1992, the Argentina '93 FM broadcast recordings, Wembley '91, RIR II, and Buenos Aires '92 are all stellar IMO

My favorite post-93 boots are HOB 2001, RIR III, Boston 2002, Rock Am Ring 2006, Tokyo 2009 in-ear mix, LA Forum 2011 (I was there but overall one of Axl's best 'recent' shows), and London '10.

http://www.facebook....671168036 here ya go man !

We mean the monitor mix - that's an audience recording.

Shit, had no idea there is a monitor mix going around ???

All of the recordings from 1986/1987 that actually have listenable sound quality are all top notch performance wise. I have yet to hear a bad performance from that era, only bad quality recordings. I also quite enjoy the 1988 Felt Forum show, one of my favorite GNR performances of all time.

Other than that Paris 1992, the Argentina '93 FM broadcast recordings, Wembley '91, RIR II, and Buenos Aires '92 are all stellar IMO

My favorite post-93 boots are HOB 2001, RIR III, Boston 2002, Rock Am Ring 2006, Tokyo 2009 in-ear mix, LA Forum 2011 (I was there but overall one of Axl's best 'recent' shows), and London '10.

Yes i agree, he sounded good at LA 2011, I was at London 10 his voice was even better in person, filled the whole stadium, even my then gf was amazed.

but

thanks!

are bootlegs legal btw? is it ok to download?

No, not legal because the songs are still owned/controlled/copyrighted, but as long as it's a fan driven thing, seems to be fine. I think once the Live collection was out there, it became even less of an issue, but people would love for the stuff sitting in the vaults to be out there for the fans. That should be part of a fan club perk IMO.

I've always wanted to hear the Bay Shore (Sundance) show.

Bayshore is a decent sounding audience recording but not as good as the 87 Ritz or L'Amour recordings......