After Guns N Roses....

Guest bellastar2355

Guest bellastar2355

Who has a better shot a successful career? Bumblefoot or Ashba

Obviously Ashba has more options, but Bumblefoot is, in my opinion, the better musician and more inclined to do his own thing....

who do you think? :shades:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly, DJ.

He's the only member other than Axl and maybe Tommy who has really made a name for himself in the mainstream outside of the Guns N' Roses moniker. Ron has been successful in his own right but not like DJ, he's just not nearly as marketable in todays mainstream "rock music" scene

Fortus. Never underestimate the low-key guy.

he's pretty much guarunteed a ton of gigs if GNR goes under, high paying ones; touring with major pop acts, session work with major pop/rock solo artists. But he wouldn't be in the limelight nearly as much as DJ Ashba who is already the lead guitar player in another major rock band, and who is close with one of the biggest hard rock bands of all time next to Guns N' Roses. DJ wins this one

Richard did Love Spit Love. Not much else. Bumblefoot can play virtually anything, but he has a penchant for complaining too much. Ashba is exclusively just money, so he'll be the most successful. Plus, the same kids who listen to Skrillex, and enjoy Internet memes would likely think he's a cool cat.

Seems like Dj is the winner... But what about you guys? Who would you PAY to go see.. Bumblefoot or Ashba?

Would I be using my money?

Ashba (ironically) will have the easiest time adjusting. He's got Sixx AM and friends in the right places. If the Replacements went on a full blown reunion I'm sure Tommy would do ok, but probably nothing like the easy money he gets playing with Axl.

Other than that, it would be right back to the bottom of the barrel for the rest of em. Maybe Fortus could get a side gig here and there or contribute a guitar track or two to whoever. But nothing significant.

If by successful you mean popular chart success, definitely and unfortunately DJ. Popular chart success really has nothing to do with talent (he has the required skill to be deemed 'talented') and everything to do with marketing.

If by successful you mean the most genuinely talented musician who can produce quality music then definitely Bumble.