After Guns N Roses....

Guest bellastar2355

Wiki, the most reliable source of info. :awesomeface:

If you want to dissect it to who we know of that lineup contributed musically, by credit, to the writing of those songs.

Izzy - 23

Slash - 19

Duff - 9

Axl - 7

Notice the trend? Izzy leaves, the band took a hit. Slash left and the band went splat. If Axl was as much of a musical contributor as either of ya claim, he should have been able to carry on just fine. Instead, it took the "mastermind" 17 years since the band's last original material release to come up with CD. An album that majority of the public would say is much weaker than original GNR. Shitload or majority, whichever you want to call it is plain bullshit. Like others have said to you many times before. Izzy and Slash were the pedestal that Axl could stand on to become the rock star. Duff and Steven, and later sometimes Matt, were the foundation that the pedestal rested on.

But go ahead lolcano, tell us how "Axl is GNR."

Edited by Rustycage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiki, the most reliable source of info. :awesomeface:

If you want to dissect it to who we know of that lineup contributed musically, by credit, to the writing of those songs.

Izzy - 23

Slash - 19

Duff - 9

Axl - 7

Notice the trend? Izzy leaves, the band took a hit. Slash left and the band went splat. If Axl was as much of a musical contributor as either of ya claim, he should have been able to carry on just fine. Instead, it took the "mastermind" 17 years since the band's last original material release to come up with CD. An album that majority of the public would say is much weaker than original GNR. Shitload or majority, whichever you want to call it is plain bullshit. Like others have said to you many times before. Izzy and Slash were the pedestal that Axl could stand on to become the rock star. Duff and Steven, and later sometimes Matt, were the foundation that the pedestal rested on.

But go ahead lolcano, tell us how "Axl is GNR."

Couldn't have said it better man.

Holy shit man you`re so dumb that you won`t even pass dumb exams

Why didn't reply about the Replacements songwriting credits ???

Most of their albums don't give ANY songwriting credits at all to Stinson. Facts are facts. Your claims were bullshit...

Same thing about this ridiculous thing you claim about Axl.

Yeah OK it`s bullshit if you say so now fuck off and change diapers

Facts say so.

Holy shit man you`re so dumb that you won`t even pass dumb exams

Why didn't reply about the Replacements songwriting credits ???

Most of their albums don't give ANY songwriting credits at all to Stinson. Facts are facts. Your claims were bullshit...

Same thing about this ridiculous thing you claim about Axl.

Yeah OK it`s bullshit if you say so now fuck off and change diapers

Facts say so.

What facts ?

It's kind of silly to link songs to just one person. In reality one does a riff or a bassline or whatever and then someone else adds to that etc. Someone has some words, then someone throws in a line here or there.

I do believe Izzy was an important element in the songwriting process. And yes, some songs are more "Axl", more "Izzy" or more "Slash". But overall it's still group effort isn't it? With the way GnR was working at the time of the Illusions albums as well as the state some bandmembers were in, I refuse to believe the songwriting credits are entirely fair.

It's kind of silly to link songs to just one person. In reality one does a riff or a bassline or whatever and then someone else adds to that etc. Someone has some words, then someone throws in a line here or there.

I do believe Izzy was an important element in the songwriting process. And yes, some songs are more "Axl", more "Izzy" or more "Slash". But overall it's still group effort isn't it? With the way GnR was working at the time of the Illusions albums as well as the state some bandmembers were in, I refuse to believe the songwriting credits are entirely fair.

I am not sure if GNR actually worked like the average band the way you are describing. At least not Axl.

From what I read Axl was present on rehearsals and songwriting sessions only during the writing of AFD.

The UYI's were done by the other guys and Axl just put the finishing touches and the production on some songs and the singing of course. He wouldnt really be there with the band writing music and doing collaborative work on the spot.

oh my God, you are totally retarded

Facepalm.png

LOL this made me laugh you`re literally the dumbest poster on this forum time for bad now

No dumber than Bill "I'm a whiny pathetic douche" Bailey..

God I wish I could meet Axl, just so I could call him Bill Bailey and make him cry.

I am not sure if GNR actually worked like the average band the way you are describing. At least not Axl.

From what I read Axl was present on rehearsals and songwriting sessions only during the writing of AFD.

The UYI's were done by the other guys and Axl just put the finishing touches and the production on some songs and the singing of course. He wouldnt really be there with the band writing music and doing collaborative work on the spot.

Even when you're sending eachother pieces over the phone, a lot of it was still a group effort. Axl didn't write all the guitar parts (let alone solo's) and Slash didn't write a lot of lyrics either. Izzy was probably the most capable of both.

Edited by username

In a lot of those UYI songs, Axl reminds me of that third guy that's helping someone move a couch. He's got his hands on it but he isn't lifting shit. When they're done, he let's out a sigh like he exerted himself.

God I wish I could meet Axl, just so I could call him Bill Bailey and make him cry.

Posted by user, "AxlRose14"

oh my God, you are totally retarded

Facepalm.png

LOL this made me laugh you`re literally the dumbest poster on this forum time for bad now

No dumber than Bill "I'm a whiny pathetic douche" Bailey..

Then you better not hold your hopes too high `cause there`s slim chance of you ever meeting him good riddance chief

In a lot of those UYI songs, Axl reminds me of that third guy that's helping someone move a couch. He's got his hands on it but he isn't lifting shit. When they're done, he let's out a sigh like he exerted himself.

Seriously ? take out Axl`s contributions from Illusions and those albums would suck fucking sweaty hairy balls

Seriously ? take out Axl`s contributions from Illusions and those albums would suck fucking sweaty hairy balls

Take out the music contributed by others and you have a spoken poetry album with a couple of boring piano ballads.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

You're officially dumb.

Here comes pea cock with his drivel look at him how he got his pants in bunch hey moron have you crawled out your hole ?

Edited by Son of a Guns

Take out the music contributed by others and you have a spoken poetry album with a couple of boring piano ballads.

Yeah You Ain`t the First and So fine are such amazing songs let`s don`t forget Get in the Ring

I don't even know what you're talkin' about. :laugh:

You know you do