Is this the driest time period for New GNR music? And other questions.

PirateRadio

Help me get the facts straight....Sympathy for the Devil was released in 1994. And then nothing until Oh My God 1999, correct?

In the 2000s, live performances and leaks gave us new music. Questions: Was every track on Chinese Democracy leaked? If yes, when was the last song leaked? If not, which song(s) were "new" when ChiDem was released in November 2008?

If say, the last leaked Chinese Democracy song came out in 2006 (I'm ignorant to this info, sorry), then that gives us 6+ years since we heard a previously "unheard" complete/semi-complete track....the driest period for new music in GNR history, no?

Prostitute, This I Love, Scraped, Sorry and If The World were all unheard until the album was released in 2008. Shacklers leaked a few months before the album dropped and the rest were all leaked or played live from 2001-2006.

So it's only been just over 4 years since we've heard new GNR music.

Help me get the facts straight....Sympathy for the Devil was released in 1994. And then nothing until Oh My God 1999, correct?

In the 2000s, live performances and leaks gave us new music. Questions: Was every track on Chinese Democracy leaked? If yes, when was the last song leaked? If not, which song(s) were "new" when ChiDem was released in November 2008?

If say, the last leaked Chinese Democracy song came out in 2006 (I'm ignorant to this info, sorry), then that gives us 6+ years since we heard a previously "unheard" complete/semi-complete track....the driest period for new music in GNR history, no?

1999 - Re-worked version of SCOM on Big Baddy OST

1999 - OMG on End Of Days

2004 - Eddie Trunk plays IRS on Radio

2006 - Better, TWAT, IRS and Catcher (Brian May version) leak, later the older (2000?) versions of IRS and TWAT leak, Checkmate 25 second clip leaks

2007 - New versions of Better, TWAT and IRS leak, plus new leaks of CD, The Blues (SOD) and Madagascar leak

2008 - Final mixes of Shacklers, Better, TWAT, IRS, CD, SOD, Madagascar, Prostitute, If The World and Rhiad leak (all by antiquiet), later that year CD comes out.

Unleaked were:

- Scraped

- Sorry

- TIL

- Final version of Catcher

If I remember correctly....

Prostitute, This I Love, Scraped, Sorry and If The World were all unheard until the album was released in 2008. Shacklers leaked a few months before the album dropped and the rest were all leaked or played live from 2001-2006.

Antiquiet leaked Prostitute and ITW in early 2008.

Shacklers was leaked first, probably because it was in a video game that came out before CD.

Edited by username

Yes this is the driest time. There's nothing in sight. In 03-08 we were looking forward to something massive; therefore it was the "Dark Ages" as some like to say it was. '11-'12 is definitely the most frustrating for me.

2006 - Better, TWAT, IRS and Catcher (Brian May version) leak, later the older (2000?) versions of IRS and TWAT leak, Checkmate 25 second clip leaks

2007 - New versions of Better, TWAT and IRS leak, plus new leaks of CD, The Blues (SOD) and Madagascar leak

2008 - Final mixes of Shacklers, Better, TWAT, IRS, CD, SOD, Madagascar, Prostitute, If The World and Rhiad leak (all by antiquiet), later that year CD comes out.

Unleaked were:

- Scraped

- Sorry

- TIL

Shacklers was leaked first, probably because it was in a video game that came out before CD.

Parts of Scraped were played in the commercials before the release, weren't they? not sure if that counts though....

Parts of Scraped were played in the commercials before the release, weren't they? not sure if that counts though....

Just the vocal intro and the first line of the chorus I think.

To answer the topic though, 94-99 and 08-now are about even. In '99 they released OMG, and Live Era, and (supposedly) this year they'll be releasing a DVD (Vegas). Whether or not there are any extras on the DVD, who knows?

The old guys havent released anything for decades. Thats why CD is a GNR record its about the break up of GNR. It takes back to late 90s when lost the perfect woman, his band fell apart, the media were out to get him for One in a million. Hes was a threat to the industry had put the press on contracts. Grunge had turned the musical landscape in a communist state. He had lawsuits up to his ass. They killed Jim, Jimi, Lennon but nobody could take down Axl Rose.

The old guys havent released anything for decades. Thats why CD is a GNR record its about the break up of GNR. It takes back to late 90s when lost the perfect woman, his band fell apart, the media were out to get him for One in a million. Hes was a threat to the industry had put the press on contracts. Grunge had turned the musical landscape in a communist state. He had lawsuits up to his ass. They killed Jim, Jimi, Lennon but nobody could take down Axl Rose.

Liking this post. And love the bolded part..so funny.

Great post, maybe they try when he was 27, but failed miserably. After 27, they lost interest since they wasted the only opportunity to hit the magical number.

Unleaked were:

- Scraped

- Sorry

- TIL

Checkmate leak is 16 seconds, not 25.