GNR's "Live from the O2 Arena" performance listed on HD channel Palladia (no air date given).

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any blu ray action or is that old hat now.

I'm guessing it was pulled in favor of doing this, although Palladia does air a lot of Blu Ray content.

Maybe Palladia's going to air it exclusively for a while and it'll be released on disc after?

I just want a GNR Blu Ray to buy. Instead of wasting all my de niros on imported coffee and fine silk.

I want an airdate so i can set my dvr...or hopefully see it when it airs. I work at 5 am, so if they try to time it like an actual GnR show I'm SOL on seeing it on the first airing. I'm willing to go in on virtually no sleep for a real show, but that does NOT translate to a TV show.

Someone on gnr tracker link this of Don't Cry!

Isn't this from the L.A show? It would be pretty funny if they were showing that show instead that everyone had already seen and had the wrong title for it.

Even if it was LA, we don't have that one in HD so it'd be nice still!

Isn't this from the L.A show? It would be pretty funny if they were showing that show instead that everyone had already seen and had the wrong title for it.

What? This isn't HD! This is upscaled.... And of course the aspect ratio is wrong too.. The original aspect ratio from LA Stream is 2,21:1 and not 16:9 !!!

What? This isn't HD! This is upscaled.... And of course the aspect ratio is wrong too.. The original aspect ratio from LA Stream is 2,21:1 and not 16:9 !!!

Geek!

MTV's parent company got broadcasting rights I guess. Why they'd post it, and have no date?

We also don't know if plans changed, like they're going to do a documentary and the 3D stuff from Vegas in there and make a movie out of it, or if what Palladia's going to show is a 1 hour edited for TV version of the UK concert.

I like Palladia but they repeat a lot of the same stuff. Wish they'd do more old MTV and VH1 concerts, as well as concert films that have never been on DVD. I'd like to see a music channel that goes way back to American Bandstand and Soul Train, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert and Wolfman Jack's Midnight Special, and Ready Steady Go.

Is there a version with the right aspect ratio?

All youtubers upload GN'R videos in 16:9. I hate this... All bootlegs from 1986 to 2007 are in 4:3.

I have the original iclips streamvideos from LA Forum 2011. Watch the clip with VLC Player and change the aspect ratio in 2,21:1 and see it yourself!

The Joint 2011 and Rock In Rio IV is in 16:9 thats right!

And I'm not a GeeK! I'm tired of footages with wrong aspect ratios just like GNRonTour (YouTube Channel).... ALL WRONG!!!!

The original Tokyo Clip is in 4:3 not in 16:9!!!

I wish there is a YouTubeUser with original aspect ratio.

HisRoyalSweetness -

This thread has had a lot of posts removed by the mods, so it reads in a very misleading way. An hour before Freddy made this thread, there was already a post on MYGNR about this very subject. I posted a link to that already existing MYGNR discussion. That post was removed along with several others, so what you're seeing is my reply to a post that no longer appears here, which ends up painting me as somebody who was just trying to plug my site, when in fact the link I'd originally posted was to a MYGNR post.

holy shit, i'm glad you cleared that up for me. after reading the full details about who read what information first on the internet, the story has revealed even more onion layers of intrigue. so glad you took the time to give us the full story, MSL!

great job, team!