Ultimate Classic Rock Bowl 2013 Poll

cheesecake

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding my ground- RUSH sucks.

Can't believe there's people saying Rush sucks. If you don't like Rush then that's fine, it's not my place to tell you you have to like them or anything. But they just do not suck - they're 3 of the most talented musicians in the world, just because they're not your cup of tea doesn't mean they suck.

Well no shit. The whole thing is rigged towards younger or computer savvier folks. That's why the poll means jack shit.

Your point? GN'R has a much younger fanbase in general than Rush.

Rush was a worthy opponent...they're a great band, but I don't know if I'd call them king of the "classic rock" bands. They're a prog-rock band, they don't exactly do the same kind of rockers the rest of the bands in this tournament did.

Rush was a worthy opponent...they're a great band, but I don't know if I'd call them king of the "classic rock" bands. They're a prog-rock band, they don't exactly do the same kind of rockers the rest of the bands in this tournament did.

I agree. Still wondering why Iron Maiden or Queen were not part of this competition.

Besides GNR and Rush in the final is still laughable, even being great bands. The Stones or Led Zeppelin should have won this IMO.

I agree. Still wondering why Iron Maiden or Queen were not part of this competition.

Besides GNR and Rush in the final is still laughable, even being great bands. The Stones or Led Zeppelin should have won this IMO.

even so, Rush makes more sense winning than GNR. Voters certainly thought so.

Never could get in to Rush they`re pros of their unstruments but their music just doesn`t click on me it misses something Geddly Lee doesn`t help things either he sounds like a chipmunk high on vicodin his voice grates on my nerves

Edited by Dark Knight

Never could get in to Rush they`re pros of their unstruments but their music just doesn`t click on me it misses something Geddly Lee doesn`t help things either he sounds like a chipmunk high on vicodin his voice grates on my nerves

His voice ruins the complete Rush experience for me

There are so many bitter people out there that hate GN'R, and voted for Rush just beacause they wanted GN'R to lose.

I'm sure it goes both ways. The fans of the bands that Rush beat out are probably voting anti-Rush the same as the Anti-GNR crowd.

Don't be sore losers.

Edited by Rustycage

There are so many bitter people out there that hate GN'R, and voted for Rush just beacause they wanted GN'R to lose.

I'm sure it goes both ways. The fans of the bands that Rush beat out are probably voting anti-Rush the same as the Anti-GNR crowd.

Don't be sore losers.

This.

And don't forget, Rush had a good chance of winning after the past year - they're between legs of a tour promoting one of their most commercially successful albums to date, and they're the big inductee of the RNRHOF this year. It really isn't that surprising.

Polls are meaningless. I voted Rush but at the end of the day it means fuck all and only indicates how big of an online fan presence a band has. Sure Irish fans managed to rig a BBC music poll so that the Wolfe Tones topped their poll for song of the millenium with A Nation Once Again. :lol:

Man, I can't stand Rush. It's weird because I actually like James Labrie and Claudio Sanchez is probably my fav singer right now. Geddy Lee.... it's just impossible. They're great and deserve some honor though. None of those bands will beat NIN either in live or studio material, but I guess NIN is not classic rock n' roll.

Edited by maynard

Don't be sore losers.

This.

And don't forget, Rush had a good chance of winning after the past year - they're between legs of a tour promoting one of their most commercially successful albums to date, and they're the big inductee of the RNRHOF this year. It really isn't that surprising.

You would figure that Rush would have done better on that tour of the year poll (that GNR dominated). Meaningless sure, but it shows (arguably) how many people voted against GNR on this one because they were pissed that GNR took out The Beatles and Zep.

His voice ruins the complete Rush experience for me

Ha that is what most people I know who don't like GNR say about them too. Both bands have very unique singers