I propose a 6 threads per user per week limit

username

Not much annoys me, but when someone ...

1) Starts a thread

2) Decides it's not going the way he wanted

3) Deletes the original post

4) Then asks to have the entire thread deleted after many others have contributed several pages of posts

... that is bullshit and it's annoying.

I can understand deleting an entire thread if it is offensive, strays way off topic or becomes an insult-fest. But when those who reply get into a respectful, intelligent, thought-provoking discussion, the time and effort they put into it shouldn't become a complete waste because the OP decides to abort the entire thread on a whim.

And I don't buy the "It's my thread so I can do whatever I want with it" crap. Starting a topic of discussion doesn't make it "your thread" in a public forum, that's almost as bad as calling money you've donated in the past "your money". When you share something with others, it ain't exclusively yours anymore.

Not much annoys me, but when someone ...

1) Starts a thread

2) Decides it's not going the way he wanted

3) Deletes the original post

4) Then asks to have the entire thread deleted after many others have contributed several pages of posts

... that is bullshit and it's annoying.

I can understand deleting an entire thread if it is offensive, strays way off topic or becomes an insult-fest. But when those who reply get into a respectful, intelligent, thought-provoking discussion, the time and effort they put into it shouldn't become a complete waste because the OP decides to abort the entire thread on a whim.

And I don't buy the "It's my thread so I can do whatever I want with it" crap. Starting a topic of discussion doesn't make it "your thread" in a public forum, that's almost as bad as calling money you've donated in the past "your money". When you share something with others, it ain't exclusively yours anymore.

This.

I think there are too many threads in the Anything Goes section... there are a lot of people only posting in there and I have never seen them post a word in any GNR topics. Just my opinion, but this is a GNR forum. Why would you come here and post other stuff when it's a GNR forum? Nothing bad towards the section, just I think there are too many threads.

I think there are too many threads in the Anything Goes section... there are a lot of people only posting in there and I have never seen them post a word in any GNR topics. Just my opinion, but this is a GNR forum. Why would you come here and post other stuff when it's a GNR forum? Nothing bad towards the section, just I think there are too many threads.

More people will post in the GnR section when there's something GnR related worth posting about. :shrugs:

All I care is about redundancy.

If some excitable poster wants to go nuts and create a barrage of topics, that's cool... as long as none of the threads have been made before. I was very appreciative of the attentive mods in the attitude section who closed several threads from a certain poster who was recycling the same exact thread ideas repeatedly.

if you dont like a thread dont post in it. that simple

If you don't like the moderating on a board, dont post on it. That simple.

if you dont like having a job then don----

never mind

Don't what? Bitch about it everyday that you hate it like you do?