Need torrent help on a Mac

Powerage5

Lately, torrents have been kind of acting iffy on my Mac - especially from Dime. I use uTorrent - as of late when I boot it up, it'll run everything that's leeching/seeding for about a minute, then eventually just slow down until there is no activity on any torrents. My Dime account shows under Firewalled Ports - xxxxx (Port Number) | Connection timed out (Reason) | stealth firewalled or overloaded bandwidth (Explanation). I don't have any firewalls running on my Mac, so I'm kind of baffled by this. I've been running uTorrent on my Mac for over 4 years, and never experienced an issue like this - any suggestions? Cheers.

Have you tried to stop all the torrents from seeding etc. Then just start one and see how it goes. I have windows xp and utorrent and have never had any problems. Also... I wouldn't advise this but you could get rid of all the torrents and reinstall utorrent.

Also could be a limit from your ISP.

You haven't changed your plan in any way have you? What did it say about over loaded bandwidth? That means that you used up your monthly or however you pay for your internets bandwidth. Unless it is something with one of you ports... which I my self am not anyone to give advice on internet ports.

Can I recommend using Transmission (if you're using a Mac) or Transmission QT if you're on Windows. Utorrent used to be a fantastic lightweight torrent client, but it's no longer the case - Transmission is much better, and crashes less frequently when you're downloading a large number of torrents.

Can I recommend using Transmission (if you're using a Mac) or Transmission QT if you're on Windows. Utorrent used to be a fantastic lightweight torrent client, but it's no longer the case - Transmission is much better, and crashes less frequently when you're downloading a large number of torrents.

I'll have to give Transmission a shot. Heard of it, but never heard much about it.

I'll have to give Transmission a shot. Heard of it, but never heard much about it.

I started using it because uTorrent kept freezing whenever I added 10 or so torrents to it. I noticed this happened on more than just my computer, so I switched. Once you get used to the slightly different interface, Transmission is great.

Transmission is mostly banned at alot of private sites, not sure its a good option...

Actually, it's the opposite. It's well accepted by most (if not all) private trackers.

You are right it is a good one under 2.03 after that if you upgrade your not allowed on most private sites, it is recently banned on my sites (jan 17th 2013)

I am on 5 of the biggest private sites (I do not use public) and anything after trasmission 2.03 has been banned , here is just one of the biggest private trackers announcment:

These are the clients that have been reported to provide false and inccorect data and are hence banned from here. Use of any of these clients will result in the suspension of your account after you have been asked in pm and provided a warning

aria2/1.9.0

BitLet.org/0.1

NSPlayer/9.0.0.2000

SymTorrent

wmTorrent 2.1.6 (wmTorrent 2.1.0.6)

WMTR

KTorrent (All Versions)

Transmission (All versions above 2.03 including web-gui versions)

Tixati (All Versions)

BitLord (All versions)

are absolutely banning these clients listed.

I use rutorrent on a seedbox so it does not affect me at all.

Edited by gunsguy

I'm running on 2.76...I wonder if this could be the issue for my seeding interference? Or would nothing leech/seed at all if you actually had to be running on 2.03 or lower?

IF your on a private site check out the forums and see what they say (dont ask them directly!) if you have not recieved a pm I would guess one of two things here:

EIther they are fucking with your program from the tracker because they don't want it

or

there are too many people on the torrent with higher speed than you thus eliminating you from the swarm. (this is a common complaint from non seedbox users)

perhaps test another torrent program or downgrade and see if it changes?

Edited by gunsguy