Paradise City - Appetite For Democracy

LuanVictor

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whole vid here:

https://paradisecity...b81146d64000342

For the millionth time: his voice isn't knackered from 2010 nor has he lost anything. He's CHOOSING to sing like that and even in this video when he half-rasps 'Look out!' you can tell that he could turn The Voice on at a moment's notice. I think it's great that he's saving his voice for the long haul but I really really really can't understand why he wont use a bit more power and rasp when he knows it's being filmed for a worldwide release.

I know some people bizarrely prefer the 100% clean voice to the uber-rasp of 2010 but surely a healthy mixture would benefit everyone? After the VMAs the media and everyone watching said 'his voice is gone'. Now they're gonna have a whole film to have a field day with.

Anyone remember what date this is from and what Chinese tracks were played? I've a feeling Catcher but no Twat.

Edited by Jordan Rose

Whole vid here:

For the millionth time: his voice isn't knackered from 2010 nor has he lost anything. He's CHOOSING to sing like that and even in this video when he half-rasps 'Look out!' you can tell that he could turn The Voice on at a moment's notice. I think it's great that he's saving his voice for the long haul but I really really really can't understand why he wont use a bit more power and rasp when he knows it's being filmed for a worldwide release.

I know some people bizarrely prefer the 100% clean voice to the uber-rasp of 2010 but surely a healthy mixture would benefit everyone? After the VMAs the media and everyone watching said 'his voice is gone'. Now they're gonna have a whole film to have a field day with.

Anyone remember what date this is from and what Chinese tracks were played? I've a feeling Catcher but no Twat.

I have no complaints whether he uses rasp or clean as i like them both, but it's no secret he's been having some trouble lately. What he needs is a break and get back to top form again. Look at a band like ac/dc or nazareth who's vocalists are 65 and 66 respectively. Vmas was the first video i ever downloaded while using dial-up and i wouldn't have thought they'd be still playing (with a few different members), but i'v learned to accept it wasn't an easy gig. Rock am ring and kroq inland invasion were completely above my expectations. Thanks for the vid again.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

Whole vid here:

I have no complaints whether he uses rasp or clean as i like them both, but it's no secret he's been having some trouble lately. What he needs is a break and he'd be in top form again. Look at a band like ac/dc or nazareth who's vocalists are 65 and 66 respectively. Vmas was the first video i ever downloaded while using dial-up and i thought they were done, complete disapointment but now i understand it wasn't an easy gig. Rock am ring and kroq inland invasion were completely above my expectations. Thanks for the vid again.

He is touring 5 years from 2009...I think he need a break...Also He voice isn;t teribble,his voice isn;t good like in 1193 or even 2010 but his voice is good...Just listen Jon Bon JOvi,his voice is shit voicen now

Never noticed how beautiful Fortus' guitar sound at the beginning. It sounds huge! Tbh even Ashba sounded right here.

Yeah, I often read about Fortus having a shitty tone but frankly this is the type of tone I like myself : kinda neutral but with lots of dynamics ( anyway that's what I hear, I'm sure he'd disagree ).

Oh and that red ES-335 is a beautiful thing though I will always be in love with his 135.

Richard+Fortus+Guns+N+Roses+Korn+Perform+Townsville+7MratZ4BT46l.jpg

He will always be the coolest mofo on that stage anyway...

[/gear wanking]

They should edit in his 2010 voice. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I think it's a mistake to release something with Axl not in top vocal form.

yeah, sure. but that only leaves axl two choices: never release anything ever again or build a time machine.

i'd suggest working out and rehearsing, but obviously that's a wildly impossibly fantasy.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

I think we'll see Axl doing interviews when this comes out.

How many threads are there going to be ripping the film apart and the 3D stuff the band does in it, and we know Palladia's showing it (probably an edited for time and language version). I'm expecting them to edit some songs out just because a 3 hour concert film might be too much, or they'll put it in the bonus area.

At least it's not rapid-fire MTV edits. Maybe too many shots of the crowd?

This will also give GNR an idea of how many people are buying their stuff and want to have a concert film of nuGuns. It is closing the chapter on Chinese Democracy by putting a concert film out.