Axl and Erin

Vincent Vega

Anyone else feel that Erin Everly was really "The One" for Axl? When Axl's romances are spoken of, Stephanie Seymour is mythologized as this incredibly important woman in his life, and who knows, perhaps she was. But they were only together from 1991 to 1993 and most of that time they probably were apart since Axl was touring the world. I'm sure Axl loved her and some of the stories are true--But I also feel that in Stephanie's case, if Axl wasn't Axl, a handsome, rich, famous rockstar, he would've never even had a chance with her. If he was just "William Rose" from Lafayette, Indiana--No way a supermodel like Stephanie would go near him. I have a model in my own family, one of those haute culture types like Stephanie--they're cold, ruthless bitches.

Erin, I think, was really the only woman who loved Axl for Axl, with no strings attached. She first fell for him when he was a nobody. They got together in 1986, before AFD, before success and fame, just out of the Hell House...He was just a struggling musician, whereas she was the incredibly beautiful daughter of a rich and famous musician. She could've had any man of her choosing, literally any man given her own beauty and fame, but she chose a bumfuck struggling, borderline poor guy named Axl Rose.

That's real love. It's a shame he lost it.

As much as Beta and her family may love Axl, for one, I don't think it's the same as the love of having a spouse and your own child whom you helped create. I also don't think Beta would be in Axl's life or would've stuck with Axl if he was just a nobody. Same goes for people like Sasha and others connected to him. Many of them may care and love him in their own way but at heart they are there and remain there because he is a rich and famous musician.

It's also a shame he never had a child. Whatever else Axl is, I do think he would've made a great father had he had the chance to be. Look how much he loved Dylan, and that wasn't even his own son. As some know, Erin miscarried Axl's child in November 1990--and he was arrested the next day drunk after hitting his neighbor with a wine bottle. I think he might've been a happier, healthier, more balanced person, if 1990-present had been spent with Erin, raising a child with her. I doubt he'd have been as bitter about life or certain people or things as he seems to be.

Edited by Vincent Vega

You may as well walk up to someone on the street and ask "Do you think Melissa was really the love of Danny's life? Or was she just a rebound after Brenda left him? And what about the speculation that something happened between Danny and Angela that one time??"

Kinda stupid to pretend like you have any idea about a complete stranger's innermost feelings or what went on his most private relationships.

Public figure or not; Axl's personal life has nothing to do with why I enjoy his music or performances. You're ridiculous.

How can anyone of us know this? We didn't know Axl personally then nor did we know anything about his relationship marriage to Erin?

Since Axl doesn't talk about her at all and Erin has never tried to play to the camera about their marriage or what happened, guess we won't know for sure whether she was the one or not?

All this speculation is just a huge waste of time.

He was already in GNR and they were on the rise when she met him.

She can't avoid being "Sweet Child" any more than she can avoid being an Everly, and we don't know if she grew up in money if her dad wasn't around and was just writing checks to support her. You're talking the 70s...

A lot of women support a guy's dream and sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

She had a song written about her, so did Patti Boyd, neither of them got muse royalties.

Maybe Axl never really wanted kids. If he wanted one, he would've had one, and as I've said, it's possible he did have a kid he wrote checks out to for years. A lot of people do and never talk about it, or the checks stop. DNA tests got rid of a lot of lying golddiggers though.

Her brother's more high profile and is an entertainer, he prob. has some stories about GNR and who the brother in law that Riad's based on.

I read on the everly brothers official websites that erin is currently writing an autobiography, that´d be real intresting to read if that ever comes out.

I do think she was his one true love (or so at least I like to believe) but the truth is we really know close to nothing about their relationship, and even less about who erin really is. I think a big part of why some find their relationship so intresting is beacuse we know so little.

She can't avoid being "Sweet Child" any more than she can avoid being an Everly, and we don't know if she grew up in money if her dad wasn't around and was just writing checks to support her. You're talking the 70s...

A lot of women support a guy's dream and sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

She had a song written about her, so did Patti Boyd, neither of them got muse royalties.

Maybe Axl never really wanted kids. If he wanted one, he would've had one, and as I've said, it's possible he did have a kid he wrote checks out to for years. A lot of people do and never talk about it, or the checks stop. DNA tests got rid of a lot of lying golddiggers though.

Her brother's more high profile and is an entertainer, he prob. has some stories about GNR and who the brother in law that Riad's based on.

I really like that song, never knew the inspiration for it though. Who was it inspired by?

I'd probably read her autobiography if she did happen to speak anything of Axl.

Frankly I think that would be the reason why most people would read that book.

I think more like four songs? SCOM, NR, DC, Estranged (although Estranged is also about Dylan?)?

And the lyrics in TIL kinda tilts toward Erin though Axl claims it's about a composite of women.

And he wrote nice loving lyrics inspired by Erin but not so much when it comes to lyrics about Steph (TWAT, Better, IRS).

Don't Cry and November Rain aren't about her. He wrote unflattering songs about Erin too. Her brother in law who inspired Riad (and Civil War iirc) was like a crazy arms dealer or something.

She didn't have the best relationship with her father growing up. He didn't pay her mom a lot of child support claiming that he had no money.

Latin, do you remember when you read that she was writing an autobiography? Link perhaps? It'd be nice if it was true, but it doesn't seem likely.

Don't Cry and November Rain aren't about her. He wrote unflattering songs about Erin too. Her brother in law who inspired Riad (and Civil War iirc) was like a crazy arms dealer or something.

She didn't have the best relationship with her father growing up. He didn't pay her mom a lot of child support claiming that he had no money.

Latin, do you remember when you read that she was writing an autobiography? Link perhaps? It'd be nice if it was true, but it doesn't seem likely.

IDK... I thought I saw an interview in the 90s where he mentioned DC and NR were about Erin, but maybe I'm wrong.

Guest bellastar2355

I just don't understand how Axl could be so crazy for Stephanie... she was beautiful but I don't know about her personality (at least from what I've seen in interviews)

I loved Erin... too bad it didn't work out

Here´s the link! Scroll down it´s almost at the bottom of the page. There´s only one short sentence about it but still. Would make a very intresting read for sure!

http://www.everlybrothers.net/history.html

Axl did say directly that the last verse of NR was inspired by his and Erin´s relationship in that Howard Stern interview from 1990.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Riad inspired by the husband of Axl's biological sister?

I think more like four songs? SCOM, NR, DC, Estranged (although Estranged is also about Dylan?)?

And the lyrics in TIL kinda tilts toward Erin though Axl claims it's about a composite of women.

And he wrote nice loving lyrics inspired by Erin but not so much when it comes to lyrics about Steph (TWAT, Better, IRS).

SCOM is about Erin. November Rain was supposedly written back in Indiana, so I doubt Erin has anything to do with inspiring it. Don't Cry was written about Izzy's ex and the one tattooed on his arm, not Erin.

As for Estranged, it was likely inspired by elements of his break-up with Erin and has nothing to do with Dylan. Axl probably didn't even know Stephanie Seymour when he was composing Estranged, and most likely Dylan wasn't even born yet. Just cause he is in the video which was released 4 years after the song was written doesn't make it about him.

This I Love is about neither Stephanie nor Dylan, despite popular internet rumors. He first mentioned it in an interview in 1993 and in the same interview mentioned his current girlfriend by name as Stephanie Seymour. If she inspired the song in any way, it wasn't from a break up. And it certainly wasn't about her kid.

Whether TWAT, Better, or IRS are about her is unknown. Not sure where one would get that IRS is about a break-up.

I've always felt that Axl loved Erin- but intensely loved the "idea" of being with Stephanie (i.e. spending the rest of his days with a supermodel) and what marrying her might represent (ultimate victory professionally and personally) in his life more broadly.

Under that line of thinking- the break-up with Erin might have resulted in the usual heart-ache that many of us have gone through- while the break-up with Stephanie may have represented the loss of some kind of "ultimate victory" in his life and emblematic of his declining/fading fame, etc. In that context- I can definitely see Steph being the harder one to get over even if Erin was his better potential "soulmate" or whatever...

Who the hell knows though...

Thanks for that Ratrbain. I stand corrected! I looked for that blurb and couldn't find it after a quick google search, so I gave up.

I get it confused cause Axl actually told me "Riad" was about his brother-in-law when I met him backstage in 2002, but it was so long ago it's hard to remember all the details of the conversation.

''Riad is the name my one time momentary brother in law and the former brother in law of Erin Everly, went by when i knew him. Of part Lebanese descent and a former student of Pepperdine University, he claims to be an international arms dealer, billionaire with ambitions of being "king of the world". He claims to fund several medical organizations and underground Nazi organizations around the world who says his heroes are Napolean and Adolph Hitler. He claims his most prized asset is his anonymity. He also claims to be an expert in military strategy, and was the inspiration for the guns song Civil War, which was written per his request for a song how "people were stupid and he could sell them anything because men love to kill each other". He also claims to be an expert in global finance and money laundering. Living tax free in Belair last I was aware, and claiming to launder monies for wealthy individuals in several countries, predominantly Saudi Arabia and the Middle East. With ties to the Bush / Regan administrations and wherever theres a war in the world at any given moment " - Axl

img0002xz.jpg

No wonder that we got only the bicycle cover, if that's true, then he was speaking of someone REALLY powerful, not the kind of thing that go out to public knowledge.

I think Axl's bio will be one of the most interesting ever written.

I just don't understand how Axl could be so crazy for Stephanie... she was beautiful but I don't know about her personality (at least from what I've seen in interviews)

I loved Erin... too bad it didn't work out

It was a 2 year relationship where they had really busy careers. 1992, GNR were on the road, she was in videos and magazines. How faithful were they to each other? Not sure either way, he had groupies, she had all sorts of power dudes chasing her, plus I'm sure he went batshit when she was modeling with guys and the straight photographers.

Could've been a cool Hollywood power couple thing if it worked. The more said about her, the less flattering it gets though. Keep in mind if they were Brant's lawyers, they probably pulled Axl's juvenile records, something not exactly legal, but guys like him work with shady types when they have to.