Latency when clicking threads

Black Sabbath

lol that is a HUGE thread, but regarding the latency I have noticed it from time to time on random threads not anyone always. I just tried the film thread and it loaded as fast as any others, right now. Later on it may not, I have seen this for some time as well, everytime it does it I think ah fuck timeout again lol sometimes it is sometimes its not

It seems like it's only the film thread for me, but I'll keep more of an eye out. I know it's not my connection because it does the same thing at work and they have more than double the speed I do at home.

Sometimes it'll take 10 seconds and sometimes it'll take a little less than a minute.

10 seconds to a min? I am reporting 5.31 seconds after running tests here. This thread in support is at 2.83 seconds ATM. If it is longer than that it is the server or the host having trouble.

now everytime i run the test it changes but it remains approx at these levels everytime

out of curiosity I will keep checking thread , if I notice more of a slowdown I will rerun tests to verify it. If you notice it goes really high wait time again post here

Edited by gunsguy

I'll do my own teats tomorrow and work and when I get home on my desktop. On my phone right now.

Between 7-9 seconds right now on my phone.

got 3.6 right now on desktop here

yes test both at home and work would be awesome

Edited by gunsguy

I've been around 15 seconds lately when opening the Film Thread. Maybe it's time for a fresh Film Thread?

I am interested in others loading times, I cannot replicate this amount of time opening the thread any time I try. It is strange though it is loading slower than others but by 2 seconds never higher.

Tonight around 2:15am I had some serious load times. Anywhere from 10-25 seconds. I went to some other sites to see if it was my connection, but they loaded fine. When I came back here same problem. Im using my phone to post this. Good luck fixing.

Not sure if it's just me or others, but I'm noticing some latency when clicking some threads, mainly being the Film Thread. Anyone else? I assume it's due to the amount of pages. If so, we will deal with the issue until it hits 1,000.

Is it the thread with the most pages ever?

Not sure if it's just me or others, but I'm noticing some latency when clicking some threads, mainly being the Film Thread. Anyone else? I assume it's due to the amount of pages. If so, we will deal with the issue until it hits 1,000.

I think it's been a known issue with Invision that at a certain page count threads start becoming very slow. That's why the old regime used to close things like the bust a gut thread and the picture thread after about 200 / 300. And on top of that a lot of images (gifs, sigs, etc) and media inserts make it worse.

I think it's been a known issue with Invision that at a certain page count threads start becoming very slow. That's why the old regime used to close things like the bust a gut thread and the picture thread after about 200 / 300. And on top of that a lot of images (gifs, sigs, etc) and media inserts make it worse.

True, although it isn't just about size of threads in terms of post replies but concurrency - as in how many members/guests are reading those large threads at the same time.

It really depends on the size of the database and how much memory the server affords to it. Invision out of the box isn't too bad but once you start adding modifications it is notoriously heavy on a servers resources.

• 2 weeks later...