Do you think Axl owes money to the record company?

saber_

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't. All the Guns N' Roses music production between 1997 and 2007 costed 14 million dollars, which is exactly the same value that Best Buy paied to release 14 of those songs, which would be 1/2 or perhaps even 1/3 of all the music produced on that time. The number that I have seen the most regarding finished songs is 36. That makes a production cost of 388,888 dollars for song. Best Buy paied a million dollars for 14 of them, so Axl had a profit of 611,111 with each of the songs released, making that 8,555,555 dollars of profit with Chinese Democracy NOT COUNTING the selling numbers.

Or not. I'm just using the numbers we have. Obviously there are hundreds of other issues that we don't know.

Edited by ManetsBR

Do you think Axl owes money to the record company? Thoughtful and insightful answers welcomed.

No. I don't.

Do I think Robin Finck's guitar solo on a demo of 'Light My Fire' is quite possibly the meanest fucking solo to surface under the Gnr banner since Slash's 'Sweet Child'? Yes. Yes, I do.

In the very near future, I'll be curious to see if others agree.

Do you think Axl owes money to the record company? Thoughtful and insightful answers welcomed.

No. I don't.

Do I think Robin Finck's guitar solo on a demo of 'Light My Fire' is quite possibly the meanest fucking solo to surface under the Gnr banner since Slash's 'Sweet Child'? Yes. Yes, I do.

In the very near future, I'll be curious to see if others agree.

I wish there was an msl version of the bat signal

Edited by Gunns

Manets -

First and foremost, I made the comment because I believe it to be true.

Secondly, I made the comment because I am sick and fucking tired of reading thread after thread where members are erroneously speculating that:

a) Axl is fat and washed up

b) The current lineup of the band is a tribute act and nothing more

c) Axl doesn't have any other completed songs

d) Anything that Axl would release at this point would suck anyway

e) There will never be another GNR album, etc

Those are the reasons I said what I said. I could comment for the next seven pages and have people call me a liar, but I'll just leave well enough alone for now. Sooner than later you will be able to give your own opinion on what I initially stated. Is it a Doors cover or is it a brand new track?? Hmm ............

surely the 14 mil form Best Buy covered it?

They might be touring to pay for studio time, if the label isn't willing to pay for anything. I could see the label saying give us what you have we'll put it out as CD II, don't bother doing anything new or reworking anything. Axl says no I'll make some money and pay for more studio time. Although someone has to pay the band too. Maybe if they stop touring they wouldn't get much. So on we go. Welcome to the 21st century.

Why would he owe them when they've done something against the band's wishes like a greatest hits? They made hundreds of millions. Even if they shelved Chinese Democracy, they still made their money back from what was spent on it.

I think the 14million covered CD and the remaining 25-30 songs. Alot of people think it was spent just on CD.

This could be what really makes it a success. Having material in the bag which they can now release for profit.

No overheads like that guy with spinning plates, he's got like a stick and plate, the rest is gravy.

It could be tied up in litigation between the record company, the band, and Best Buy. But if so, we'd have heard about it, right?

It's so hard to figure out exactly what the state of relations is between the band and the record company. Because neither side is saying a word.