Do you think Axl owes money to the record company?

saber_

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was an msl version of the bat signal

bba is completely full of shit. like andrecc, bba is yet another weak MSL impersonator. it's an embarrassment to this community that bba was ever unbanned.

carry on.

We all know the real MSL is on a zip drive in China.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Wasn't BBA/Incognito a former associate of MSL?

Also, does anybody else find it really disturbing how easily BBA can switch from rabid reunionist to 'Axl nutswinger'? Schizo.

bba is completely full of shit. like andrecc, bba is yet another weak MSL impersonator. it's an embarrassment to this community that bba was ever unbanned.

carry on.

We all know the real MSL is on a zip drive in China.

rockin his face off to tonto and cuban skies.

Do you think Axl owes money to the record company? Thoughtful and insightful answers welcomed.

No. I don't.

Do I think Robin Finck's guitar solo on a demo of 'Light My Fire' is quite possibly the meanest fucking solo to surface under the Gnr banner since Slash's 'Sweet Child'? Yes. Yes, I do.

In the very near future, I'll be curious to see if others agree.

Am currently listening to the Doors, hearing Axl recorded on a Doors song would be sweet.

carry on.

You two were buds - and didn't you meet at a GnR show once?

Eh?

Yes, I've met him. He's uber-pissed that I exposed him and his make-believe files for the bullshit that they were. His ultimate goal was to trick hoarders into believing that he had something that he didn't so that he could try to acquire and disseminate more unreleased tracks from the band. He's still actively pursuing this little endeavor.

**** Oh, and INB4 MSL starts babbling about his ficticious lawyers and how they will be contacting me .... big fucking yawn and carry on!

I thought you quit the forum vowing never to return? Another lie or mistruth or what?

As he has openly admitted several times, he's the "king of bullshit".

Guys, this topic and question are insane if you really think about it. If anything, one could ask "does Axl still owe the company for the Chinese Democracy sessions", but that is even stupid, as the Best Buy deal covered that. Moreover, think about this--every year GN'R sells a few million units worldwide of their back catalog. They are huge moneymakers for the label without any overhead at all. Of course Axl doesn't owe the record company a dime, and they likely cut him checks every month or quarter for sales of the catalog. Also, I believe they use Universal's new concert division now for tours, so they make the record company money that way as well. GnR are still a top 50 grossing concert act year in and year out. If they would book more dates, they could push the top 25. Don't for a second fool yourselves, GnR is one of the highest selling artists of all time, they don't owe Universal a dime.

I should also add, Greatest Hits continues to hang in the charts, and has likely sold over 10 million copies worldwide by now.....so think about it. Do you really think Axl owes the record company? They are paying him still for sales of the catalog. I am pretty sure Appetite and GH's sell over 500K annually, and the other albums collectively sell a million + copies a year. GN'R sells well, just like other legitimate classic rock bands. Their catalog is one of the most coveted in the industry.

Guest charlie555

I should also add, Greatest Hits continues to hang in the charts, and has likely sold over 10 million copies worldwide by now.....so think about it. Do you really think Axl owes the record company? They are paying him still for sales of the catalog. I am pretty sure Appetite and GH's sell over 500K annually, and the other albums collectively sell a million + copies a year. GN'R sells well, just like other legitimate classic rock bands. Their catalog is one of the most coveted in the industry.

Axl doesn't own the back catalogue - only the name.

the plot thickens. I think if Axl owed the record company a significant amount it would be in the news.

"Bankrupt wildman of rock, Axl Rose, owes label 20 mil dollars" - that kind of thing.

It's only cost 14 mil to make. That's chump change to the industry. That's probably what label execs spend on papa john's delivery to the office in a year.

Edited by wasted

MODS - are you willing to ban BBA if i can prove he's lying?

I would support this. BBA has spoken alot of shit in the last year or so. From meeting Axl, to meeting and conversing with Robin Finck about his tenure in the band(yeh right) to saying he has(or at least heard) Light my fire and yet he never elaborates or proves any of this.

I'm pretty sure Guns N' Roses is an unsigned band at the moment. No one needs a record label to release an album anymore. That's why Axl's excuses are all bullshit.

Ummm Guns signed to a record label about 20 something years ago and there is no proof that they have fulfilled their contract given the low album output. No one needs a record label if they are starting out now but in 1985 you had to have label support unless you wanted your album sounding like St Anger and selling like Adler's Appetite.

carry on.

You two were buds - and didn't you meet at a GnR show once?

Eh?

no. we've never met. just another one of his lies to try to give himself credibility. we used to speak on the phone years ago, but his claim of hanging with me last year is not true. completely fabricated.

the bat signal worked lol ;D

Good idea, and in the video they could all walk in small circles shrugging their shoulders for 4:38 seconds.

If the band put all their money in to Iraqi Dinar then Saudi buy iraq. They could buy the record label and release CDII. And make a 30 million dollar video for Atlas Shrugged.

Good idea, and in the video they could all walk in small circles shrugging their shoulders for 4:38 seconds.

If the band put all their money in to Iraqi Dinar then Saudi buy iraq. They could buy the record label and release CDII. And make a 30 million dollar video for Atlas Shrugged.

Lmao

I would support this. BBA has spoken alot of shit in the last year or so. From meeting Axl, to meeting and conversing with Robin Finck about his tenure in the band(yeh right) to saying he has(or at least heard) Light my fire and yet he never elaborates or proves any of this.

Do you need a tissue to wipe away those tears? Maybe the mods don't have issue with me stating these things because they have no reason to not believe that they are true? Maybe they have the proof that they need to confirm what I say is true? Why would they ban me for having met bandmembers and heard things that the majority haven't? Does that make sense to you? Or is your jealousy overshadowing your ability to reason?

Do you need a tissue to wipe away those tears? Maybe the mods don't have issue with me stating these things because they have no reason to not believe that they are true? Maybe they have the proof that they need to confirm what I say is true? Why would they ban me for having met bandmembers and heard things that the majority haven't? Does that make sense to you? Or is your jealousy overshadowing your ability to reason?

Maybe the mods do have proof to confirm what you say is true, but up until now, nothing has been said to make me believe that. They have no reason not to believe they are true? How about your behavior over the last oh I don't know? 6 years on the forums? I'm not talking about outright lies, but the constant, heavy trolling, baiting and fake accounts. Those actions do not sound like that of a reliable/trustworthy person. When have you come up with ANYTHING of substance?

The fact that you gloat about Robin telling you insider details and then when you are questioned about those said details you never reply certainly does not help. Did you get your tricks from ARC or did he get them from you?

The mods should ban you for constantly talking shit and trolling. This "light my fire" fiasco that you claim to have or have heard is another scenario in the line of your constant attention seeking antics. ARC was warned heavily for claiming he had shit but didn't, I don't see any reason why it should not be the same for you.

My jealousy? Please. I'm hardly envious of a grown man who constantly alternates between having an unhealthy hateful obsession with Axl and Axl's biggest ass kiss like he has become enlightened by some higher deity. Nor am I jealous of someone who dedicates a good portion of his time making and/or acquiring fake accounts just to cupcake forums.

I think you are a funny guy, I have said that before. But somewhere along the line you came to the conclusion you were some insider with no substance and nothing to show for it.

I'm not an "insider", only thing I can contribute is that when I first met Axl outside the L'Arc gig in 2010 with a few other fans, one asked about a new album, and he kind of resignedly said "We've got to figure out what our deal is with the label." 2nd time I met Axl at Glasgow in 2012, nobody asked anything, so I don't know if anything's changed since then.

That's basically my theory. The label isn't really interested after the CD fiasco. I guess this touring is an attempt to prove there is a market for new GNR music; maybe not in the US, but certainly abroad.

I hope we get new music, though.

Maybe the mods do have proof to confirm what you say is true, but up until now, nothing has been said to make me believe that. They have no reason not to believe they are true? How about your behavior over the last oh I don't know? 6 years on the forums? I'm not talking about outright lies, but the constant, heavy trolling, baiting and fake accounts. Those actions do not sound like that of a reliable/trustworthy person. When have you come up with ANYTHING of substance?

The fact that you gloat about Robin telling you insider details and then when you are questioned about those said details you never reply certainly does not help. Did you get your tricks from ARC or did he get them from you?

The mods should ban you for constantly talking shit and trolling. This "light my fire" fiasco that you claim to have or have heard is another scenario in the line of your constant attention seeking antics. ARC was warned heavily for claiming he had shit but didn't, I don't see any reason why it should not be the same for you.

My jealousy? Please. I'm hardly envious of a grown man who constantly alternates between having an unhealthy hateful obsession with Axl and Axl's biggest ass kiss like he has become enlightened by some higher deity. Nor am I jealous of someone who dedicates a good portion of his time making and/or acquiring fake accounts just to cupcake forums.

I think you are a funny guy, I have said that before. But somewhere along the line you came to the conclusion you were some insider with no substance and nothing to show for it.

Based on your wishes that I be banned, the only reasonable explanation that I can cometo is that you ARE jealous of me - or possibly you just have bizarre reasoning capabilites . How else would you explain wanting someone banned for having met bandmembers and / or hearing a studio quality recording of a song that hasn't been release through official channels?

As far as your allegations that I have "unhealthy obsessions with Axl and/or the band", all I can do is assure you that I am a very grounded individual who isn't hateful of anything really. It's no secret that, in the past, I was unahppy with Axl's decisions and wished for more. I don't think that is unreasonable as a fan.

As far as your allegations that I believe myself to be an "insider", I can only respond by saying that is blatantly untrue. I don't consider myself to be an insider at all. With that said, I may have resources - maybe what you would call an "insider" - that I might be lucky enough to be able to obtain information from. If you had knowledge of my background and what I do for a living, this might not seem like such a far-fetched claim.

I was lucky enough to meet Axl. I have met Robin Finck, and I have heard a studio quality version of a song that I feel is their best cover to date. None of these claims make me an insider, a liar, or better than any other fan. They are merely statemtents of fact that you, or anyone else for that matter, can choose to believe or not to believe. Unfortunately for you, none of these claims are bannable offenses. I'm reasonably confident that if I were to post a pic of Axl and myself backstage and / or upload 15 seconds of a song which proves what I say, you would probably praise me instead of being angry with me for not saying or do as you wish. Maybe in time, someone will give your your wish. Stranger things have happened.

Edited by BBA