Is New GNR sort of turning into Motley Crue?

Randy Lahey

Tommy can be a guest drummer on a future Guns album. Maybe on one of those 12 DJ songs Axl likes.

It would make sense and will be pretty cool. Kinda like how Bach sang on Sorry. I thought it will be weird, but it was neat.

DJ is close with Sixx, so he could ask Tommy to do it. Axl seems to think the more the merrier when it comes to drummers. I don't care for the Crue myself, but Tommy is a good drummer imo.

Could feature Tommy Lee and Brain on one song with a drum duet section, possibly to open the album.

Have we ever had confirmation Axl actually likes DJ's Songs?

Who's your boy LOL. Thank you God for these Tits.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy can be a guest drummer on a future Guns album. Maybe on one of those 12 DJ songs Axl likes.

It would make sense and will be pretty cool. Kinda like how Bach sang on Sorry. I thought it will be weird, but it was neat.

DJ is close with Sixx, so he could ask Tommy to do it. Axl seems to think the more the merrier when it comes to drummers. I don't care for the Crue myself, but Tommy is a good drummer imo.

Could feature Tommy Lee and Brain on one song with a drum duet section, possibly to open the album.

Have we ever had confirmation Axl actually likes DJ's Songs?

Who's your boy LOL. Thank you God for these Tits.

That was cringe worthy, and honestly I think Tommy is a douche, but I like his drumming. As for the confirmation: All we have is DJ's word, so I don't really know. I guess we don't.

Dj said Axl liked them, Bach said he heard the new Axl n Dj song and its awesome?

but since then theres been more realistic quotes. I guess they are slowly moving away from just releasing CDII and thinking about doing a fresh album which will take longer.

It might have some CD era tracks... ultimately thet are all pushing their own stuff.

At somepoint Axl will have get all this material and work out how to make the next record.

The question remains will it be CD related or a new project?

Imagine if they leave those CD songs in the vault. how insane would that drive people. Then release a different album. The hunt and myth of CD would continue. Indianna jones woukd have to do 5. The hunt for Golden Democracy. a gold plated USB stick by ancient lore given to aztec in the mexican jungles who built an underground temple around it.

Edited by wasted

Motely don't seem relevant. they inhabit the same parallel universe as most hard rock, metal bands. Not saying GNR is particularly relevant but at least the music is. The Crue just remade Dr Feelgood.

Motely are more respected in that world but GNR has probably crossed over more into the mainstream in general. Not really for the best of reasons but CD taking 14 years seemed to be a story that was picked up. Then recent tours have been seen as a comeback with Kimmel and Vegas. I doubt Newsnight had a panel discussing the release of Saints of Los Angeles like they did for CD.

The only way to stay relevant in the metal world is to remain the same forever. Same line up, plying the same music you made on your debut, no fancy pants shit, it's almost like the metal world is a chinese democracy. you are free to do whatever you want as long as you please the common denominator fan and repeat the same formula. You can be a complete asshole like Gene Simmons as long as you repeat the same album over and over again.

which album was it the Crue tried to do something different and got beaten into a reunion for it?

Edited by wasted

I don't think Guns is becoming Motley- I just think they're realizing that they'll do better business by bringing back a bit of that 80's/early 90's "classic Guns"/Sunset Strip feel to their shows and merchandising, etc. (i.e. rather than the "freakish/anything other than "classic Guns" thing they had going on from 2000-05 in particular). I'm sure Dj's been an influence there too (which no dounbt contributes to the Motley comments). I imagine Axl will still try to push for a "modern/updated" sound whether they brush up Chinese leftovers or record something fresh with the current line-up though...

I guess that was the whole point of that residency. It was Vegas after all, they were just getting into it. There haven't been any girls or strippers on any other Guns N' Roses concerts.

I remember one show in 1991... they brought a chick onstage. Indiana or St Louis...? Axl said something like "Damn your distracting..." lol

Yup. Noblesville, IN '91 if I'm not mistaken. First leg of the UYI tour...

I've never understood why people get so worked up over not liking a band. I don't limit myself to a small number of bands, I like tons of music by tons of different artists spread out through all categories. Even bands/artists I don't typically like will occassionally release something I enjoy. I could never imagine hating everything a band puts out - before even listening to it. I guess the harder you bash/insult a band just shows the rest of us how rock-n-roll or hardcore you are.

Motley's Too Fast For Love was a great album. Since then they have been hit and miss, but they have put out a lot of fun rock songs over the years. I get that a lot of you don't like them specifically because Axl doesn't. I do agree that a lot of Vince's live performances are pretty weak. He sounds much better in the studio.

Agreed here. Can't stand Vince- but Motley is one of the more reputable bands to come off the strip back in the day IMHO- and Tommy in particular is an ace. Also- as far as I know- Axl's issue was only with Vince. I seem to remember that he's had the occasional nice thing to say about Tommy and Sixx throught the years if I'm not mistaken...

FWIW I actually liked the Corabi album. Thought there was some potential there IMHO... but obviously financially it always made more sense to to patch things up with Vince.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY