Alan Niven + D.J.

raska27

Hi Marc - great book - I just wanted to ask about a couple of characters not mentioned.

The first was Alan Niven, who was kind of conspicuous by his absence, I always thought he was pretty instrumental in Guns success. Was there any reason for his omission or was he just not around much ?

The other person I wanted to ask about was "D.J.", I read an interview with Adler where he said he was a bass player at one stage for one of the bands and I think he got a writing credit on Move to the City from memory, but have never really heard much more about him ?

I wanted Alan but I couldn't find him at the time we were doing the new interviews. Alan was very important in helping the band get to the next level. D.J. was only around for a split second in 1984. I did get Rob Gardner but it was not until after the book came out. I wanted Tracii Guns but he was not calling me back. I did see Tracii a few years ago and he said he was sorry that he didn't help with the book and that he loves it and would help if we ever made a second printing. I also wanted Barbi "Rocket Queen" but I didn't find her until after the book was out. Spencer Proffer is in the book but it had nothing to do with me. Jason my co author found him on his own interviewed him on the phone and I didn't know about it until I saw it in the next draft of the book. I didn't agree with what he said and was out voted when I wanted him out.