Slash should...

Kapitch_77

I agree. Ditch the shades and limit the use of the top hat. I actually think he looks best these days with his hair tied back and a baseball cap on. Still, I get him wanting to hold on to the top hat image but it wouldn't kill to not always have it on.

I understand that too, but there is no need for it 24/7 or even during the whole concert. He has that other cool hat he could wear while playing. This one.

images

He does not really wear it 24/7 and only when he is in concert or promoting in interviews so I don't see it as a big deal as it is an identifiable part of his image.......it would be like asking him to stop playing old Guns songs...........

24/7 was a figure of speech obviously. C'mon now. The hat is not as important to his image as his hair is for example. Or his Les Paul style.

That said, I am seing him live for the 4th time in a few days. So excited.

I'll probably yell at him. Lose the hat Slash. :D

24/7 was a figure of speech obviously. C'mon now. The hat is not as important to his image as his hair is for example. Or his Les Paul style.

Visually the hat is a very important part of his brand image and the hair is part of that image also. While you might care less IMHO it is what the casual fan identifies him with. it is like Mr.T wearing a mohawk and all the gold chains or Elvis impersonators weing the hair and side burns and the garish suits..again it is the brand image people identify them with...Why do you think Companies spend so much money promoting brand image and logos?

Edited by classicrawker

Its ok to wear the hat, but not for ever single second he plays live. there isnt a single gig he's played live where he didnt wear the shades and hat since he began his solo thing in 2010.

I am still scathing my head why him wearing the hat bugs you all so much? it has no impact on his playing or performance............ :shrugs:

Visually the hat is a very important part of his brand image and the hair is part of that image also. While you might care less IMHO it is what the casual fan identifies him with. it is like Mr.T wearing a mohawk and all the gold chains or Elvis impersonators weing the hair and side burns and the garish suits..again it is the brand image people identify them with...Why do you think Companies spend so much money promoting brand image and logos?

I respectfully disagree. The hat is not THAT important to his brand image as Mr T's mohawk. Slash was very popular and very well known and recognizable in his Velvet Revolver days. Yet he didn't wear the hat when I saw him with VR. And it didn't feel weird. And he didn't wear it for most part of the GNR concerts. There is a thin line between trademark look and kitsch.

Of course it doesn't affect its performance but we talking about looks here.

Its ok to wear the hat, but not for ever single second he plays live. there isnt a single gig he's played live where he didnt wear the shades and hat since he began his solo thing in 2010.

I am still scathing my head why him wearing the hat bugs you all so much? it has no impact on his playing or performance............ :shrugs:

It's not that it bugs me terribly, let's say it's just a minor complaint. It's not dramatic if he keeps the hat and the shades.