Axl demands Hard Rock Hotel to remove Bucket's guitar from display

mcmurray

From another forum;

Nothing major here just a little info. I work in Las Vegas several times a month and I kept hearing that one of Buckets guitars( blue ESP?) are on display at the hard rock hotel. I went to go check it out in November and couldnt find it. I had some time so I tracked down the lady in charge of which guitars were displayed( her title is curator). She informed me that GNR had a month long engagement playing shows at the hotel and that prior to that Axl inspected the displays and had them remove any displays he objected to. Included were a Buckethead guitar and bucket, along with a life size Slash display in the entry of the hotel. Both were now in storage.

My respect for the man just hit an all time low.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a bit unfortunate to be honest, when I asked Axl about Bucket in the chats he seemed quiet open about talking and perhaps even working with him in the future...

There's no proof that it was Axl demanding that. Most of the times the Hotel take upon themselves and make those decisions based on what they heard on the press and have Axl feel confortable, or to not risk any shows cancellations. Same thing with the Microphone issues that have been reported before at the Hard Rock. Just because a security guard decides to be a dick and asks for Axl's microphone back so he can have it and sell it on ebay later on, doesn't mean that the band ordered him to do that.

I would certainly tell that security guard to kindly fuck off!

Axl is an asshole when it comes to past members of his band. With Axl it can be you're either with him or against him, sometimes there's no middle term really, but i don't believe he would do that!

So somebody knows someone on another forum, who knows someone in vegas who told him this. Doesnt exactly seem like the most believeable backstory...

But even so, how would removing a cutout of slash be supprising or weird. If the current band were playing a residency they would want to focus on the current band, that is just common sense.

So somebody knows someone on another forum, who knows someone in vegas who told him this. Doesnt exactly seem like the most believeable backstory...

But even so, how would removing a cutout of slash be supprising or weird. If the current band were playing a residency they would want to focus on the current band, that is just common sense.

this...

it doesn't mean he hates slash or bucket...but they're not in the band.

if there was a slash cutout there u all would be complaining how they were using his image to promote themselves

It's obvious that BH wants nothing to do with GNR (at this time at least) so it very well might have been BH who requested that they were removed.

The lifesize Slash? Was one created for the other Classic members and were they removed too? Seems fishy...

I heard from another forum, someones sister's husband's brother in law saw Big Foot rockin' out to Justin Beiber.

I'll reproduce the abortion of a sentence that you offered someone else recently:

"Seriously if comedy is an endeavor he wants to pursuit, I strongly suggest he sticks to his day job (flippin' pancakes)"

I heard from another forum, someones sister's husband's brother in law saw Big Foot rockin' out to Justin Beiber.

I'll reproduce the abortion of a sentence that you offered someone else recently:

"Seriously if comedy is an endeavor he wants to pursuit, I strongly suggest he sticks to his day job (flippin' pancakes)"

Do you feel better? I really hope you do! Maybe you can come out of th closet now.

Do you feel better? I really hope you do! Maybe you can come out of th closet now.

You're right. I'm gay. Got me.

If Axl is playing the venue under his 'Guns N' Roses' brand he has every right to request that the band be represented as it is now.

As much as I feel Axl sacrificed something great for something mediocre that failed to live up to its previous success.... it's his name now and he has every right to call those shots when he's contracted to do a gig.

exactly.

"someone on another forum." it was probably someone trying to start a rumor or just talking shit. i believe not an ounce of it. If Axl supposedly has such a hard time making it to the stage every night because he's preoccupied with business stuff/whatever, i really doubt he had time to go on a tour of the Hard Rock to do inspections of this sort.

Calling bullshit.

exactly.

"someone on another forum." it was probably someone trying to start a rumor or just talking shit. i believe not an ounce of it. If Axl supposedly has such a hard time making it to the stage every night because he's preoccupied with business stuff/whatever, i really doubt he had time to go on a tour of the Hard Rock to do inspections of this sort.

Calling bullshit.

Here's the source, for what it's worth.

http://bucketheadland.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=29209

I don't believe the dude had any reason to make this up. GNR isn't even on his radar.

Edited by mcmurray