Axl demands Hard Rock Hotel to remove Bucket's guitar from display

mcmurray

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from another forum, someones sister's husband's brother in law saw Big Foot rockin' out to Justin Beiber.

exactly.

"someone on another forum." it was probably someone trying to start a rumor or just talking shit. i believe not an ounce of it. If Axl supposedly has such a hard time making it to the stage every night because he's preoccupied with business stuff/whatever, i really doubt he had time to go on a tour of the Hard Rock to do inspections of this sort.

Calling bullshit.

Here's the source, for what it's worth.

http://bucketheadlan...ay&thread=29209

I don't believe the dude had any reason to make this up. GNR isn't even on his radar.

testicle joke thing was pretty funny.

OK I read the source. Find it hard to believe it was Axl's doing as two months after Vegas show BH's guitar is still not being displayed?? Why would it still be missing from display when GNR has long left Vegas? If indeed it was Axl who asked for it to be removed while they were performing there wouldn't it made sense for the guitar to be back on display ny now?

OK I read the source. Find it hard to believe it was Axl's doing as two months after Vegas show BH's guitar is still not being displayed?? Why would it still be missing from display when GNR has long left Vegas? If indeed it was Axl who asked for it to be removed while they were performing there wouldn't it made sense for the guitar to be back on display by now?

Edited by cheesecake

I highly doubt that Axl has requested it. I Think they have taken out the guitar and the display fearing something like the rage during RIR 2001

I have the same opinion about organization saying "no" to tshirts that have Slash

Yeah sure Axl is totally oblivious to everything that is going on around him and everything that happens is done by one of his lackeys without his knowledge or consent...just like tours are scheduled with out him knowing about it.......do you really believe that?... ..I find this implausible for someone who is such a control freak as Axl is..........

Didn't they have loads of GNR stuff up? If it was requested by Axl/management it may just have been they didn't want people coming along to the GNR stuff and then seeing Bucket/Slash stuff and thinking it was part of the same group. It's not actually quite as crazy as 'get that stuff out of here we hate those guys!'

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

What is the major issue? Axl didn't end his relationship with either Buckethead or Slash on a positive note. Buckethead bailed at a vital time in kick-starting the Chinese Democracy cycle. What is the sense in distorting the public's perception of what GN'R currently represents by including Bucket/Slash imagery in the displays?

Pretty pathetic

Nowhere near as appalling as the remark you posted in the thread about Axl's solidarity with the victims of that fire in Brazil.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

So the only source is a poster, on a message board, on the internet, who claims to work for the Hard Rock. Notice how the Axl haters, who like to portray themselves as being more "enlightened," just ate this up and aren't even concerned with verifying the authenticity of the claim. If the claim can be verified, then fair game, make your jokes. But wow, look at them go, pouncing on this as if they won the lottery.

Being the thinking man that I am... until I see some substantial proof, I'm calling bullshit.

So the only source is a poster, on a message board, on the internet, who claims to work for the Hard Rock. Notice how the Axl haters, who like to portray themselves as being more "enlightened," just ate this up and aren't even concerned with verifying the authenticity of the claim. If the claim can be verified, then fair game, make your jokes. But wow, look at them go, pouncing on this as if they won the lottery.

Being the thinking man that I am... until I see some substantial proof, I'm calling bullshit.

Agreed. If there was decent proof to the claim I would be ripping into Axl as well. So far it's all hearsay.

There's no proof that it was Axl demanding that. Most of the times the Hotel take upon themselves and make those decisions based on what they heard on the press and have Axl feel confortable, or to not risk any shows cancellations. Same thing with the Microphone issues that have been reported before at the Hard Rock. Just because a security guard decides to be a dick and asks for Axl's microphone back so he can have it and sell it on ebay later on, doesn't mean that the band ordered him to do that.

I would certainly tell that security guard to kindly fuck off!

Axl is an asshole when it comes to past members of his band. With Axl it can be you're either with him or against him, sometimes there's no middle term really, but i don't believe he would do that!

Absolutely agree with this and witnessed it first hand with Beta! My husband was removed from the show during the residency by security because we had a sign and we refused to give it to them. The camera crew asked us to put it out so they could film it. Then we folded it up and put it under his arm. The security team insisted they confiscate it, that the band does not want signs and they create a fire hazard. My husband refused as we were done showing it and it was not causing a problem as the security says it is a fire hazard, um, okay, no more than the clothes on my back are a fire hazard, if the flag is tucked under his arm, anyway they walked him out and missed the last part of the show. When I was leaving the show I saw Beta and told her about what happened. She was so apologetic and said in no way did the band say they did not want signs, they love and encourage them and those orders are not from the band. My husband then was nearby waiting at the entrance and walked up to Beta and I, the head of security followed him and Beta asked the head of security what the problem was. He was completely running circles around his words and back tracking. We also mentioned how security were taking the mics from the fans, which she said she had just heard about but that too had not been coming from the band. In the end, Beta ended up going out of her way to stick up for us, got my husband allowed back in the venue and gave us passes to the after party. She was so apologetic and gracious about the whole ordeal. She said a lot of the venues take it upon themselves to institute rules that they "think" will make the band happy but are not coming directly from them. When the venues are questioned about these rules, they blame the band for the easy way out. At the after party, we talked to Fernando a little about it as well, given he was pretty loaded at the time, but he reiterated everything she said. Bumblefoot seemed to also have the same sentiments saying something to the effects of "who is running this show anyway?" I believe they probably took down that Slash display before Axl even toured the displays, if he even did tour them, just on their own precautions.