Axl demands Hard Rock Hotel to remove Bucket's guitar from display

mcmurray

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The root of these stories ultimately goes back to Axl's behaviour in the past, specifically the Chicago riot and the slash t-shirt incident. Deserved or not, it created a public perception of Axl as being a hyper-sensitive, hissy fit throwing diva.

It appears everyone tiptoes around him as a result for fear of upsetting his fragile ego. Axl is well aware of this, as multiple issues at shows in recent years have got back to Team Brazil relating to t-shirts, signs etc and we get the same ding dong reply from Team Brazil - we know nothing, security did this on their own initiative.

The question now is whether Axl and Team Brazil care to change this perception, so fans don't get hassled by overactive security at future shows. Have they bothered to tell venue security that they are not bothered by posters or Slash t-shirts?

It appears not.

The root of these stories ultimately goes back to Axl's behaviour in the past, specifically the Chicago riot and the slash t-shirt incident. Deserved or not, it created a public perception of Axl as being a hyper-sensitive, hissy fit throwing diva.

It appears everyone tiptoes around him as a result for fear of upsetting his fragile ego. Axl is well aware of this, as multiple issues at shows in recent years have got back to Team Brazil relating to t-shirts, signs etc and we get the same ding dong reply from Team Brazil - we know nothing, security did this on their own initiative.

The question now is whether Axl and Team Brazil care to change this perception, so fans don't get hassled by overactive security at future shows. Have they bothered to tell venue security that they are not bothered by posters or Slash t-shirts?

It appears not.

Not sure why you're yammering on and on about Team Brazil and venue security and perception, and blah blah blah. This thread is about the Hard Rock hotel. The origin of the story is a poster on an internet message board. Why don't we start with that before you break out the faux-profound speeches. lol

Edited by brainsaber

It appears not.

Not sure why you're yammering on and on about Team Brazil and venue security and perception, and blah blah blah. This thread is about the Hard Rock hotel. The origin of the story is a poster on an internet message board. Why don't we start with that before you break out the faux-profound speeches. lol

I'm not going to spell out the connection if the above isn't clear enough for your brain to comprehend.

It appears not.

I'm not going to spell out the connection if the above isn't clear enough for your brain to comprehend.

I think Diceman's post pertains to the subject quite clearly. He is also one of the few who has replied in a logical manner.

I highly doubt that Axl has requested it. I Think they have taken out the guitar and the display fearing something like the rage during RIR 2001

I have the same opinion about organization saying "no" to tshirts that have Slash

Yeah sure Axl is totally oblivious to everything that is going on around him and everything that happens is done by one of his lackeys without his knowledge or consent...just like tours are scheduled with out him knowing about it.......do you really believe that?... ..I find this implausible for someone who is such a control freak as Axl is..........

That extreme is just as unbelievable as the notion that he is such a control freak that he micromanages everything goes on. If that were the case, there would be no need for management.

Regardless, I see a few possibilities:

-Axl or someone from the management team asked to have the Slash and Buckethead memorabilia removed. I personally doubt that Axl personally inspected it. See my above comments for why. If someone from Team Brazil did ask to have the Slash and Buckethead memorabilia removed, it may not have been for the cynical, underhanded reasons some here seem to automatically assume. The fact is that during the residency a concerted effort was made to promote the current lineup of the band. Memorabilia from current bandmembers were on display in the lobby and near The Joint entrance. The black and white full band picture we've seen was literally on the elevators I went up to get to my hotel room. There were two t-shirts that I own from the residency that showed the current band. So, the removal of memorabilia from former members may have been simply to focus on and make clear who the current band is.

-This is the same venue who had a security member take Axl's mic from a fan after the concert claiming that management asked for it back. Then, weeks later, the person who had the mic taken away from them was shipped an autographed mic. To me, this calls into question the validity of The Joint's security staff's claims of instructions by management. That and the fact that in all the GN'R shows I've been to on the floor, and there have been many, I have never, ever seen a mic being taken back.

Ali

Some people seem to have trouble understanding that these displays were there long before Axl decided to play the venue.

Do you think if The Rolling Stones played there that any memorabilia relating to Brian Jones, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman would be removed?

Yeah, thought not.

I highly doubt that Axl has requested it. I Think they have taken out the guitar and the display fearing something like the rage during RIR 2001

I have the same opinion about organization saying "no" to tshirts that have Slash

Yeah sure Axl is totally oblivious to everything that is going on around him and everything that happens is done by one of his lackeys without his knowledge or consent...just like tours are scheduled with out him knowing about it.......do you really believe that?... ..I find this implausible for someone who is such a control freak as Axl is..........

That extreme is just as unbelievable as the notion that he is such a control freak that he micromanages everything goes on. If that were the case, there would be no need for management.

Regardless, I see a few possibilities:

-Axl or someone from the management team asked to have the Slash and Buckethead memorabilia removed. I personally doubt that Axl personally inspected it. See my above comments for why. If someone from Team Brazil did ask to have the Slash and Buckethead memorabilia removed, it may not have been for the cynical, underhanded reasons some here seem to automatically assume. The fact is that during the residency a concerted effort was made to promote the current lineup of the band. Memorabilia from current bandmembers were on display in the lobby and near The Joint entrance. The black and white full band picture we've seen was literally on the elevators I went up to get to my hotel room. There were two t-shirts that I own from the residency that showed the current band. So, the removal of memorabilia from former members may have been simply to focus on and make clear who the current band is.

-This is the same venue who had a security member take Axl's mic from a fan after the concert claiming that management asked for it back. Then, weeks later, the person who had the mic taken away from them was shipped an autographed mic. To me, this calls into question the validity of The Joint's security staff's claims of instructions by management. That and the fact that in all the GN'R shows I've been to on the floor, and there have been many, I have never, ever seen a mic being taken back.

Ali

No actually it is not mate as Mick Jagger is one of the biggest micomanagers in the business and the Stones still have management to implement what Mick wants done.

I am not saying that Axl did or didn't do as claimed but I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility considering his past behavior...I also think all these fans who always think Axl is oblivious to what is going on around him are being naive........

Edited by classicrawker

What is so weird about not wanting to pay attention to the former members and instead focusing on the current members.

What's so frkn hard to get for some of you?

Because he is a 50 year old rock n roll singer acting like a 13 year old school girl. Axl could get arrested for being a serial killer and guys like you would still find a way to defend him.

And this logic about focusing on current members is so laughable. So GnR isn't a strong enough entity right now that they can't compete with a guitar or poster in a restaurant? A guy eating a cheeseburger and glancing up and seeing a Bucket guitar is going to ruin the residency shows? That is how far the band has fallen? That is how unstable they are?

I don't know what is more pathetic. This story (if it is true) or the Axl fanboys defending his every move.

It's another global conspiracy against Axl.

Funny stuff.

Interesting how when somebody quotes a story about something good or funny that Axl did, then the fanboys on this site treat the anonymous story as GOSPEL. But when somebody quotes a story that says something negative about Axl............then it's all BS and they have no credibility. The double standard is funny.

It appears not.

I think Diceman's post pertains to the subject quite clearly. He is also one of the few who has replied in a logical manner.

I understand how it pertains to the subject. I just think it's laughable how he and others are playing dumb to suit their agenda. We have yet to verify the authenticity of the claim. So he can rattle of all the self-important observational speeches he wants. He does it all the time anyway. But until the story is verified, I just think it's laughable for him to launch into yet another speech about how Team Brazil isn't doing things the way he thinks they should. Again, this topic is about the hard rock hotel and whether or not Axl had the Bucket and Slash gear taken down. Hey by all means, have a discussion about Team Brazil not addressing certain perceptions- I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm just more interested in verifying the authenticity of the claim that is the subject of this thread. Silly me.

Some people seem to have trouble understanding that these displays were there long before Axl decided to play the venue.

Do you think if The Rolling Stones played there that any memorabilia relating to Brian Jones, Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman would be removed?

Yeah, thought not.

You seem to have trouble understanding this story originated by an anonymous poster on an internet message board. Did you call the Hard Rock and ask if Axl had the gear taken down?

Yeah, thought not.

Edited by brainsaber

Funny stuff.

Interesting how when somebody quotes a story about something good or funny that Axl did, then the fanboys on this site treat the anonymous story as GOSPEL. But when somebody quotes a story that says something negative about Axl............then it's all BS and they have no credibility. The double standard is funny.

It's because they think that being the fan of a BAND means being a blind follower of an individual of the band as if they can do no wrong. It's Team Edward versus Team Jacob except for GNR. Pretty pathetic.

See: Brainsaber and his never-ending crusade to protect Axl's nuts with a bear hug and random forum insults.

Funny stuff.

It's because they think that being the fan of a BAND means being a blind follower of an individual of the band as if they can do no wrong. It's Team Edward versus Team Jacob except for GNR. Pretty pathetic.

See: Brainsaber and his never-ending crusade to protect Axl's nuts with a bear hug and random forum insults.

Protect Axl? Never-ending crusade? You really are living in a fantasy world. Did you even read what I wrote in my first post in this thread? Or did you forget already? Here, let me show you a choice quote:

If the claim can be verified, then fair game, make your jokes.

Yeah, I'm a real crusader ain't I? :jerkoff:

Off topic: considering you insult people regularly and argue in almost every single thread you enter in to (far eclipsing the number of times I've argued with people), you might want to look up what the word "hypocrisy" means and then quit running your mouth. Of course, hypocrisy seems to define who you are here. You don't seem to care, you seem to be really impressed with yourself and your autopilot responses.

Saaaay, did you verify the claim yet? Or did you just want to fantasize about trolling us Axl crusaders and talking shit about Axl some more? lol

Edited by brainsaber

Are you looking for some dumbed down argument so someone can teach you what yet another word means? While you're looking up hypocrisy, look up ironic.

Wagers on when/if the claims are verified, you will be doing damage control and attacking the people discussing the topic just like you're doing now?

Who is going to verify this shit anyways? What does anyone expect GNR and their puppets to say if this were true? They'll deny it just like anything else and you'll march right along with em.

did anyone actually take the time to read the thread this was posted in? a poster said he found pictures of the guitar, and it was being displayed at the hardrock in hollywood, florida.

did some digging through the threads around here and found more photos of the guitar. the blue esp is on display at Hard Rock Café in Hollywood, Florida. think you were looking in vegas somewhere. here is a link to more pictures of the guitar:

http://www.bucketheadland.proboards.com/....832&post=491895

Read more:http://bucketheadland.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=29209#ixzz2JOdPZdNK

Edited by bran